postcard question

justhat

<font color=teal>DC DISer<br><font color=red>pick
Okay, I got an e-mail postcard awhile ago, and didn't ever plan on using it, but now that we booked an unplanned trip for December, I searched for and found it. It came to my e-mail address, and said Dear (my name). So I called up the number given in the e-mail and they told me I could not use it because it was not for me, but for a completely different name! So I said that the last name she gave me was my mom's and the first name she gave me was my deceased grandmother's last name, but that neither name appeared in the e-mail postcard, only my first name. So she put me on hold, came back and said too bad, I could not use it. Has anyone had this toruble of not being able to use their own postcard??? I would totally understand if it had someone else's name on it, but it specifically has my name on it, even though they say it's tied to another name, and that person doesnt' even exist! I tried explaning that the name she was giving me is not a real person, that my grandmother died in 1999 and that it was her last name combined with my mom's last name, but she said it was not for me but for this other person and since my grandmother was no longer with us, too bad. Is there anything I can do to use my postcard?

I would try calling again...My mother got an e-mail to my e-mail account and I was able to use it to book a room in Ocotber. Granted my mother was going on the trip, but I used my credit card and the reservation was done under my name.

Thanks. I will call back and hopefully it will work. I don't see how they could send me an e-mail promotion, stating it was for my e-mail address (it says that at the bottom) and then tell me they made a mistake and it's not for me. I remembered I got another postcard on teh same date at another e-mail address, so I'm going to look for that one and hopefully that is tied to my name if the other one won't work.

I'm also having a bit of trouble with the reservation itself. When I called to confirm it the CM said Pop Century, but when I looked it up online it says ASMu. Has anyone had this happen? I don't care where we stay, but I would like to be at the right resort when I arrive alone with my baby. I'm going to verify it when I call with the pin code, but did this every happen to anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter