• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post your Western Cruise Excursion Reports here!!!

has anybody used stingray sailings in grand cayman? they have great trip advisor reviews, just looking for some fantasy/ or magic folks to chime in... thanks :)

all our excursions were booked through Disney...this time around (8/18 WC on Fantasy):

Grand Cayman: Rum Point Beach; i liked the beach, very nice and the free lunch you get to choose from is rather good and filling- also a lot of activities for you to take part in at the beach...my only complaint was its a long catamaran ride out and back to the beach- which lessens your time at the beach...

Costa Maya: Dune Buggy & Beach it was okay- not a great value for the money but not bad either...the dune buggy's were a blast, driving the back "road" sandy paths...the beach was also nice (same beach they use for the all day beach break)...main complaint was we made one completely useless stop at the start- the guide called it a pee-pee stop but it was nothing more then getting you to shops where people try and sell you fake silver...my wife bought a bracelet for $12 the guy initially wanted $45 for!!)...

Cozumel: Catamaran Fury Snorkel and Beach: terrific excursion...the catamaran ride was nice, the snorkeling was terrific and the beach was beautiful....a lot of things for the kids (6 and up) to play on in the water; slides, water trampolines, etc...it was fun but only a half day excursion...would've been well worth 2x the price for an all day event...

prior cruise 2009

Grand Cayman: Boatswains Turtle Farm really liked it- exceeded expectations...interactions with the turtles was fun and their waterfall pool was also nice...

We are going on the WC on the Fantasy in August of 2013...I know this is a silly question, but how hot do you think it's going to be in August.

What excursions (of course, Tulum) would you avoid because of the heat in August.

Thanks.

How about an ATV/Beach excursion on Cancun, has anyone done that? Thoughts? I'm slightly concerned about the safety of being "off the beaten path" in Mexico. Is that just being silly? I've never been to Cancun.:confused3

JackieO said:
How about an ATV/Beach excursion on Cancun, has anyone done that? Thoughts? I'm slightly concerned about the safety of being "off the beaten path" in Mexico. Is that just being silly? I've never been to Cancun.:confused3

I went on the dune buggies in costa maya and it was ok we all drove in a line to get to the beach plus our tour guides were very nice and helpful I would think cancun is close enought to there that u would be fine.

anyone do Boatswain's on their own with an 11:30 tender time? doesn't seem long enough from 11:30-4:45 to get off ship, get to park and back

We are looking for excursion reviews especially in Costa Maya & Cozumel.

I've already learned a lot from this thread. Hope people keep posting here!

I'm also wondering if anyone has booked Segway tours in either Costa Maya or Cozumel on their own, and if so, was there an age restriction at the older end of the age bracket? The Disney site has a cut off age of 65, so DH, who is perfectly capable of riding a Segway and has done so many times, would not be able to book this through Disney if they enforce the age policy. :confused3

I am curious about the restrictions also. The Jeep excursion lists diabetes, hard of hearing, back, heart, etc. etc. - just curious if they are being overly cautious.

Grand Cayman
We did a jet ski excursion to Stingray City and Rum Point beach. This was a 10 out of 10. .

What company did you use to book the Jet Ski's? How long did you actually get to ride? And what was the price? Thanks in advance. :flower3:

Any reviews of the new pool at the playa Mia beach park? Wondering if it is worth it?

Our family just did this excursion earlier in the week. They have a large pool. The water was nice and it wasn't crowded at all. They have a water play area for smaller kids and some large water slides for the bigger kids.

On the beach they have multiple rows of beach chairs lined up. The stretch of beach is rather small though. There are two water trampolines and an inflatable climbing wall with a slide that are out a little ways in the water. You need to wear a life vest to swim out there. We took three teens and they said it was a long swim out there. They liked it though.

You can also use their paddle boats and kayaks. They had a pinata for the kids and a water balloon toss. The food is not that great, so don't go thinking there is an awesome buffet lunch. The drinks are free. My husband had two pina coladas and said they were good. We brought some one dollar bills to tip since they will bring the drinks to you.

There is also a row of hammocks to use. All in all, it was a nice day. I think it was much better than just going to the beach, but not nearly as good as something like an Atlantis excursion in the Bahamas. It looked like the kids were having a nice time.

anyone do Boatswain's on their own with an 11:30 tender time? doesn't seem long enough from 11:30-4:45 to get off ship, get to park and back

Anyone???

We had wanted to do "Island Tour with Stingrays", but that's not showing up as an option for our cruise. So now we are looking at Boatswain. It's $92 through DCL and $45 direct (and then a 20% discount). Why the huge price difference? How easy is it to do on your own?

Thanks! :cool1:

Has anyone done this in Jamaica? How many people to a team? My DH and I and our 2 friends might be interested in this as our day when Grandma and Grandpa take the kids....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter