***Post Your MNSSHP Costume Ideas***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a preview of our not-quite-finished costumes for the party on the 18th next week. We're nerds.

nerd2.jpg
[/IMG]
nerd.jpg

LOVE IT :thumbsup2

My apologies for the poor pictue quality. These were taken on my ipad in poor lighting. :blush:

Front:

8a9454f9071aad1f3faea5b188300b76.jpg

Back:

5271bc91992057048bbe363e3a0d816e.jpg

ca7f7419bda4d58b2cfce482840fe382.jpg

You can't really tell by the pic but i'm wearing mustard yellow flats. I also think I'm going to buy sparkly Minnie ears to add a little more bling, too. It's so funny, I just chopped my VERY LONG hair 2 weeks ago and wasn't sure if I like the cut but now my hair is perfect for this costume. This justifies the haircut, imo. :rotfl:

Oh and my fiance is dressing up as Mickey, of course. :goodvibes. Sadly, he couldn't be cajoled into taking a picture. :rotfl:

Going to our very first party on Halloween night:cool1:

My dd11 has had her costume picked out for months - long before we even planned this trip. She will be a black cat. So we decided that we will add a white tummy onto her costume and she will be Figaro from Pinocchio. My dd12 is so excited to be Jiminy (last year she picked out a cow costume - I never know with this kid) . We of course need Pinocchio - that will be me (minus the long nose). I thought for sure that my husband would be Geppeto but ... Well if you see a 6'2, 240lb bearded man dressed as the blue fairy ... Be sure to say hello:lmao:

Myself and my DW and DD are going together as a themed set on Sept 18th. They are going to be Vampires (Princesses of course) and I'm going as Abraham Lincoln. My DW loves cheesy horror films and Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is one of the cheesiest, but when I tried on a top hat at our local Halloween store they both knew exactly how we should dress at this year's MNSSHP.

Going to our very first party on Halloween night:cool1:

My dd11 has had her costume picked out for months - long before we even planned this trip. She will be a black cat. So we decided that we will add a white tummy onto her costume and she will be Figaro from Pinocchio. My dd12 is so excited to be Jiminy (last year she picked out a cow costume - I never know with this kid) . We of course need Pinocchio - that will be me (minus the long nose). I thought for sure that my husband would be Geppeto but ... Well if you see a 6'2, 240lb bearded man dressed as the blue fairy ... Be sure to say hello:lmao:

:rotfl: I love this! Post pics!

I don't think I ever posted what we had decided on; we're going as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and his girlfriend Ortensia. My daughter scored an Oswald ear hat for me at a gamer's convention so I talked DH into wearing them. :laughing:

We're doing two parties, and I'm really torn as to what to wear on the second one (on Halloween). I'm not a super girly person but I'd love to wear a froofy princess dress or even dress as Tinker Bell. The problem is, I can't really find a pre-made princess dress I like, and uh... Tinker Bell's dress is a little short. And by a little, I mean "a lot". No one needs to see that much of my leg! :laughing: So right now I'm looking at other options. I found a couple ghostly costumes that make me think of Haunted Mansion ghosts so I might go with one of those.

For the first party I'm being lazy and wearing my Chip kigurumi. I'm super excited to wear it while getting my picture taken with Chip and Dale before the party starts. It's not overly warm, but if I do get too hot I can just take it off. It takes up surprisingly little room in a backpack.

I don't have a picture of me wearing mine, but I have the product shot.

7976367106_fd67695453_o.jpg

The only downside is that the tail is really low so I'll probably end up getting it dirty. Plus when I sit down I have to make sure the tail is arranged right otherwise it ends up between my legs and looks a little... well you probably get the idea.

before even reading your post i saw the pic and thought "i would get some fishing line and a needle and fix that tail to stick straight up!" lol. i had to do that for a skunk costume for my son years ago :)

We will be there the 5th and the 11th.

Dh and I will be wearing something lightweight from our Steampunk garb and the kids will be: Angelica (Pirates of the Caribbean), Peter Pan & our 12 year old will be Evil Dr. Pork Chop a la the Disneybound website.

We dress up every year that we go and have had so much fun! The 2nd night I will likely be wearing my Mayor of Halloweentown costume...it's always a huge hit!

I trying to make a Jasmine costume with her in the lavender dress but cannot find any large purple jewels or gems. I have found plenty of smaller ones ? Thanks for any help

i am going as Kenny Powers from east bound and down in the MYrtle Beach Mermen #55 jersey.

DD is being an Olympic Gymnast. Red whte and blue singlet.

DW is wearing a headband with Bats on it. (its something)

i am going as Kenny Powers from east bound and down in the MYrtle Beach Mermen #55 jersey.

DD is being an Olympic Gymnast. Red whte and blue singlet.

DW is wearing a headband with Bats on it. (its something)

Love your choices!

:rotfl: I guess I'm lucky my whole family is as batty about costumes as I am...

maryj11 said:
I trying to make a Jasmine costume with her in the lavender dress but cannot find any large purple jewels or gems. I have found plenty of smaller ones ? Thanks for any help

how big are u thinking?

I'll be at the party next Friday, the 14th. I'm thinking about grabbing tickets to a second party, depending on how I fare with character meets.

I'll be Bert-as-chimney-sweep. I just finished putting everything together last night and so far it seems to be a hit among my pals!

Here I am, giving my costume a test run:
2z8aij7.jpg

What did you make your umbrella from? Looks really real!

there are 8 of us going on oct 28th. we are doing a toy story theme. the 2 couples are mr and mrs potato head and ken and barbie. the kids will be buzz, woody, jesse and an alien from the crane machine. we are having so much fun putting the costumes together and can't wait to see how it all turns out!!:yay::yay::yay:

there are 8 of us going on oct 28th. we are doing a toy story theme. the 2 couples are mr and mrs potato head and ken and barbie. the kids will be buzz, woody, jesse and an alien from the crane machine. we are having so much fun putting the costumes together and can't wait to see how it all turns out!!:yay::yay::yay:

Very cute, cant wait to see pictures!

I'm going as cruella deville!
My sister is being the queen of hearts
And my brother either buzz lightyear or the mad hatter :)!

That sounds cute! There was a dad last year on our bus that was dressed like Woody and he looked awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter