***Post Your MNSSHP Costume Ideas***

Status
Not open for further replies.
September 18th - My DH, DD(9) and I will be going as pirates. My DD and I will be doing the Pirates League together that evening and Teresajoy is creating Minnie Pirate dresses for us. My DH is going to look for a good pirate t-shirt and hat and maybe an eye patch. This will be our first WDW party so I am pretty excited!! pirate:

Not sure if it will be the party in FL or CA, but planning on going as Mr. Winky this year. Given the lack of a Mr. Toad out East, I think I'm gonna have to rock that at DL.

We are planning on going as Dr. Doofenshmirtz (DH), Mom (me, preggo!), and Phineas (DS, 6). Hoping DD will decide to join us and be Candace, but as of right now she will be Ariel.

If it's ridiculously hot, I think we'll just be wearing regular clothes...

Whatever you choose, be sure it is comfortable and you don't have to carry any props. Somebody mentioned carrying scalpels and surgical instruments! Not a good idea. You are there to enjoy the park and party, which involves walking alot and riding rides. Don't forget comfortable shoes. My boys were Darth Vader (didn't wear his mask much), Han Solo and a random Jedi in 10/08. It was so cool that evening (down into the 40s!) they had microfleece under their costumes! Not typical though.

At the moment we are all going as deceased entertainment icons.

DDad (63) going as Walt Disney
DMom (61) going as Vivienne Leigh in GWTW
Me (34) going as Judy Garland in WoO
DH (36) going as Groucho Marx
Dsis (37) going as Marilyn Monroe in Seven Year Itch
DBIL (40) going as James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause.

Love this idea! Just be careful of mom in that get up and the heat!

We are planning on going as Dr. Doofenshmirtz (DH), Mom (me, preggo!), and Phineas (DS, 6). Hoping DD will decide to join us and be Candace, but as of right now she will be Ariel.

If it's ridiculously hot, I think we'll just be wearing regular clothes...

Us too. We're going as the Flynn-Fletchers too. I'm Linda, DH is Ferb, DS is Phineas, and DD will be Candace. Have almost everything. I love Goodwill for Halloween!

We had a lot of fun with this. We had so many people tell us to get back to work at the Haunted Mansion. DH was picked as "That guy" at Monster's Inc with a lot of laughs.

scaryvija_copy.jpg

My family is driving me nuts!!! Only 29 days to go and they haven't made up their minds!

Here are the ideas so far for me, my DH, DD (8th bday while we are there) and DD (2 1/2 with extremely curly white-blond hair who will only where dresses...everywhere!).

1. Goldilocks and the Three Bears
2. Toy Story...Me and DD as Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, DD as Jessie and DD as Little Boo Peep
3. Alice in Wonderland...DD (2yrold) as Alice, DD (7yrold) as Queen of Hearts and me and DD as either TweedleDee and TweedleDum or a cards
4. Me and DH as bakers and the girls as cupcakes
5. Me and DH as beekeepers and the girls as bees
6. DD (2yrold) as Tinkerbell and the rest of us a Pirates

Let's see I've done;
Wizard
Pirate of course
Zoot Suit rocker
geez my memory is really failing me today...there's a few others.

If we go this year, I'll probably go Steam Punk - I'm an airship pirate.
I like my Rorsach from the Watchmen movie, I'll pull that out after this years Dragon Con in Atlanta.
And one of these times I'll be an undead Civil War soldier, but man that wool uniform is HOT!

PRINCESS VIJA - those costumes are Excellent!!! BTW

I've learned that for us costumes need to be packable, "rideable"-easy to get on and off rides while wearing, and " coolable "-it can still be fairly warm at night in October. My DH won't wear anything that's too costumey. Last year we went as a worker bee and a queen bee. Black shorts, yellow t's with black electrical tape for stripes, tool belt for DH, and tiara with antennae for me.
This year we're going as the princess and the pea, or as a married Yankees fan and Red Sox fan :)

Let's see I've done;
Wizard
Pirate of course
Zoot Suit rocker
geez my memory is really failing me today...there's a few others.

If we go this year, I'll probably go Steam Punk - I'm an airship pirate.
I like my Rorsach from the Watchmen movie, I'll pull that out after this years Dragon Con in Atlanta.
And one of these times I'll be an undead Civil War soldier, but man that wool uniform is HOT!

PRINCESS VIJA - those costumes are Excellent!!! BTW
Those are great costumes!!

We're attending MNSSHP the night before we board for our Disney Cruise. I am still not sure if we'll dress up for MNSSHP; in case we don't I have made T-Shirts for the family to wear. But as for the costumes; at least for the Cruise ship, we'll be characters from Piniccio. Me, the blue fairy; hubby, Gepetto; DS (9), Piniccio; DS (5), Jiminy Cricket. Already have the Piniccio costume, My Dear MOM is making the rest; and boy was it fun picking out the materials. Jiminy will have a more fall look to his outfit with nice orange/brown/and Green colors as well as a fall inspired vest. I am REALLY excited to see the finished products, but knowing how my mom likes to work under a deadline; I don't suspect they will be ready much before we head to the airport.

My husband and I dressed up like a SWAT team, however, this was no ordinary SWAT TEAM. We glued plastic flies on our hats, carried fly swatters (complete with flies on them) on our holsters and some fly paper as well. We purchased official SWAT hats and shirts and wore black cargo shorts. We got a lot of positive feedback at MNSSHP!
photo.php

We are going on Oct 31 this year for our first party I am pretty excited! Me and DH are doing an Alice in Wonderland theme. I am working on getting him a Mad Hatter costume (Johnny Depp version). This is my costume, I just bought it on the weekend. I am short so it's not quite as short on me. I still need to get a petticoat for under it. I may end up wearing some short shorts under it for when I sit on rides and such and just to be safe.

I also didn't get these stockings cause I don't like the stripes. My stockings are just plain white with a black bow at the top

http://www.fancydress4fun.co.uk/ekmps/shops/springers/images/adorable-alice-costume-135-p.jpg

We are going as a family, gparents, son, dil and 2 grands..........stay offsite.......first time at MSSSHP...........

gson...captain hook( with pirate league makeup)
gdtr....tinkerbell (after BBB treatment)
gmom.....peter pan
gpop......lost boy
son.....smee
dil.......tiger lily

Renee

Dressed as Sorcerer Mikey several years ago. Just a red choir robe, curtain sash cord and Mickey Sorcerer hat. Had an awesome time, dressing up is highly recommended.

The whole night all the CMs kept calling me "boss", didn't get it at first until my DW reminded me I was dressed as Mickey. Great times.

I have not read all of these threads so I am not sure if anyone has mentioned Creative Disigns. I know a few people mentioned wearing t-shirts.

You can create your own t-shirts. There is a message board "Creative Disigns" on this website near the bottom under Just for Fun. http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105

I have been a frequent visitor of the disboards for a few years and just discovered the Creative Disigns messge board last year.

Okay, all you crafty Disboards members; I need a little help... My kids decided that we are dressing up as characters from Toy Story. I was told that I am going as a Green Army Man. I have the clothes. However, how would you get the shiny green look on top of the material? Thanks!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter