Post your Give a Day Project Linus Blankets!

I just wanted to say that my son, who we are in the process of adopting, came to us from the hospital with NOTHING but a donated outfit and a project linus blanket. These blankets are very much appreciated by those that receive them! Good job guys!:cheer2:

Here's pics of the five quilts my aunt, cousins, and I did for their give a day project.

Strip quilt like the one we sent in for my GAD:
Strip.jpg

Strawberry print quilt:
Strawberry.jpg

Star Wars "rag" quilt (possibly my favorite!):
SW-front.jpg

And the back of the Star Wars quilt:
SW-back.jpg

Red White & Blue quilt:
RWB.jpg

And, finally, Dennis the Menace:
Dennis.jpg

Very nice!! Definitely above my ability level LOL

I just wanted to say that my son, who we are in the process of adopting, came to us from the hospital with NOTHING but a donated outfit and a project linus blanket. These blankets are very much appreciated by those that receive them! Good job guys!:cheer2:

Aww thats so cool, its good to hear they feedback that they are going to a place where they are well loved, not JUST a way to get a free ticket, KWIM?

When my oldest was hit by a car when she was 8 the ambulance crew gave her a home-made teddy bear which she clung to in the hospital. I think she still has it somewhere, and she is 21!

Just an FYI - I live in Florida and we picked this project BUT it was for the Canine group, so the blankets went to dogs in shelters.

We had to use 2 yards of 2 different fleece and make 4 snuggle blankets out of them.

So maybe look under pet category in your zip code.

Woo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

I got the picture to work. We had a great time making these. Fun and easy.

111-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm getting ready to make blanket #7 (2 yards, double fleece) and I have to go buy a new pair of scissors....the new ones I bought 3 days ago are completely shot!

I'm getting ready to make blanket #7 (2 yards, double fleece) and I have to go buy a new pair of scissors....the new ones I bought 3 days ago are completely shot!

get a roller cutter and a mat...works SO well!

Help! I want to post my pics - can I not send the link from Shutterfly? How do I attach directly to my post? I read the Dis instructions, but something is not working....

TxAg

I almost bought that ladybug fleece!!

In terms of adding a picture. Go to the picture you want on Shutterfly. Right click on the picture and go to Properties. Copy the URL address. Then come back to the DIS and click on the "Insert Image" button. A box will pop up that says http:// or something like that. Paste the URL you copied earlier.

Maggie

Woo Hoo !!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

I got the picture to work. We had a great time making these. Fun and easy.

111-1.jpg
[/IMG]

I'm still working on the last couple but here are pix of the finished ones. We used clearance and cheap Wal-Mart fleece, they were $2.87 and $4.44 per yard. We still spent $90 as we had to do 2 yard double-sided blankets. Shipping is going to be a fortune!

Luci........... On the GAD site, where I signed up using the zip code you sent me.......... this is what it says.........

"You will qualify for volunteer hours for each blanket that measures approximately 48" x 72" or two 36" x 36". Thanks for helping give the gift of comfort and warmth to kids in need!"

I thought I read in another post you had said your requirements were different from these? ( I might have misread) anyway - IS this the correct requirements? It doesn't say here that they need to be 2 sided - is that required? Thanks

The pic is small, but the big blue squares are race cars, and the blue on the other fabric has trains. I haven't made a quilt in almost 18 yrs, so it was
fun to try my hand at it again.

ry%3D315

Danabalana - love the owl fabric. I almost bought that....

Thanks for the help on posting a picture!

TxAg

The pic is small, but the big blue squares are race cars, and the blue on the other fabric has trains. I haven't made a quilt in almost 18 yrs, so it was
fun to try my hand at it again.

ry%3D315

Danabalana - love the owl fabric. I almost bought that....

Thanks for the help on posting a picture!

TxAg

Awesome job....and Gig'em BTW!

I'm still working on the last couple but here are pix of the finished ones. We used clearance and cheap Wal-Mart fleece, they were $2.87 and $4.44 per yard. We still spent $90 as we had to do 2 yard double-sided blankets. Shipping is going to be a fortune!

Luci........... On the GAD site, where I signed up using the zip code you sent me.......... this is what it says.........

"You will qualify for volunteer hours for each blanket that measures approximately 48" x 72" or two 36" x 36". Thanks for helping give the gift of comfort and warmth to kids in need!"

I thought I read in another post you had said your requirements were different from these? ( I might have misread) anyway - IS this the correct requirements? It doesn't say here that they need to be 2 sided - is that required? Thanks

I may have said 2 yards...I didn't cut the blankets to exactly 48 x 72, I think they were actually a little wider than 48" but they were 72" (2 yards) by whatever they came in as far as width. And yes, they do have to be 2-sided. This is from the download...

To qualify for one (1) Disney ticket, you must submit one (1) 48" x 72" blanket or two (2) 36" x 36" blankets. No exceptions. NO-SEW FLEECE BLANKET: All no-sew fleece blankets must be double layers. You will use two
complimentary pieces of fleece and tie the blankets together along the fringed edges. These blankets go to children ages 0-18 that may be homeless, sleeping in cars, or in homes without heat. Even if the instructions below display using only one layer, you MUST use two layers of
fleece to qualify for Disney tickets. Right now, the biggest need is for blankets for older children, the 48” x 60”, in patterns appropriate for teens.

Hope this helps!

We got ours done in one evening. Our local chapter required 2 single layer blankets for each volunteer. I did the cutting and three boys, (ok, young men 19, 20, 21) did the tying.

Great deal for everyone.

I also got my fabric at JoAnn's for 50% off yesterday.

danabalana1

All of your blankets are so cute! This project is wonderful...we are making blankets this weekend and I'm getting my supplies tomorrow when I travel to the city. Is all the fleece on sale or is it the blanket kits? Do you have to have a coupon or is it just 50% off without a coupon?

Thanks!

All of your blankets are so cute! This project is wonderful...we are making blankets this weekend and I'm getting my supplies tomorrow when I travel to the city. Is all the fleece on sale or is it the blanket kits? Do you have to have a coupon or is it just 50% off without a coupon?

Thanks!

All the fleece and fleece kits are 50% off. (I think a few embroidered fleece might be only 30% off, but they were in a different section). This is a sale price, no coupon needed.

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter