POST YOUR DISNEY DREAM TIPS/MUST do'S!

ladies -
i hope i'm remembering this right (given that we visited each of the adult bar areas for an adult beverage before our palos ressie!) but do visit the facilities, f you pardon my french, outside palos/meridien/remys? they were beautiful!! kind of small-ish but super gorgeous venetian mirrors!! too die!

i will just be a tacky tourist and take lots of pics next time!!! a CM in there to straighten up affirmed tons of ladies had been in and out just to oogle the place! :rotfl:

I agree! All the public restrooms on the Dream are beautiful.

Do you have to wait in separate lines for each princess like in the park, or do you get to see them all once you get to the front of the line?

They are talking about the Princess Gathering where there is one line and you start at one princess then go to the next and the next like the Character connection at Epcot.

This is not the only time to see the princesses though. They are out other times where you get in line for that one princess. Check the navigator for where and when.

I don't know if this has been discussed but they use facial recognition (sp) software to sort the pictures in Shutters, then your pictures go into a book specifically for your stateroom. That is why it is important to have the picture taken right before boarding the ship with the big backdrop. We didn't have that 'Welcome" picture taken and the CM at Shutters said it would be harder for them to sort out our pictures.

I don't know if this has been discussed but they use facial recognition (sp) software to sort the pictures in Shutters, then your pictures go into a book specifically for your stateroom. That is why it is important to have the picture taken right before boarding the ship with the big backdrop. We didn't have that 'Welcome" picture taken and the CM at Shutters said it would be harder for them to sort out our pictures.

When you do a back 2 back cruise do they do a Welcome picture before the second cruise?

When you do a back 2 back cruise do they do a Welcome picture before the second cruise?

I believe I read a trip report that said the photographers weren't there for the ones going back on for the back 2 back because of course they board earlier then the rest.

As far as the kids clubs go, do you sign them up after you board or can that be done, on line, when you do your final on line check in?

Thanks,
Karen

As far as the kids clubs go, do you sign them up after you board or can that be done, on line, when you do your final on line check in?

Thanks,
Karen

Much faster if you sign them up on line. Then at the terminal they have a place to go get the wristbands put on. It is another line on the right hand side , across from check in. You give them your name they have all the info. so all they have to do is put one on. If you don't you have to give them all your information and that takes longer. The only thing they ask you if you did it on line is your password your going to use to get them out.

You can also wait and do it when you get on board after veiwing the areas. Totally up to you.

We parked on level 3 of the parking garage - at 9:30 AM. At 10 AM we walked across the bridge - through security and right into the terminal - no line whatsoever - there was a line of people coming in below (and you don't have to park in the garage to use the bridge - just go up to level three and hang around until 10 - bring a morning paper). We had boarding group number 2 - our cruise was the one with computer issues - so ordinarily would have been boarding ship around 11:45 (per CM) but it was 1:30 when we got on board. But we were glad we got there early - since we were boarding group 2 still got on early in comparison - lots of Aquaduck rides - no lines....

Another good time to ride Aquaduck is on Castaway Cay day in the AM - especialyl if you aren'ty in a hurry to get onto the island. Sea day - of course - very long lines.

Adult beach wasn't crowded at all.

Large deck area on Deck 13 forward.....lots of deck chairs - very quiet. Part is an 18 and over area as well. (And for the nosy ones among us, you can stare in to the concierge deck area!)

Be sure and enjoy all the interactive art. Each picture does at least two "videos" so after you see one - hang around for the other. And some of the pictures "change" - so in the AM it might be a "Bahamas" travel poster and in the evening it a "Russia travel poster" (this was is in the deck 8 forward elevator obby for example). Loved these.

The hair dryer works better in the plug-in out by the desk - but my wife thought that a little inconvenient - but that expalins why the hair dryer is in one of the drawers out by the desk (at least this was the case in the inside cabins).

We never had a probelm getting seat for live shows - and arrived about 10 minutes before. We did the matinee of Disney Believe on Sea Day and it wasn't very crowded.

Had dinner once in Cabanas - very nice and the servers were very helpful (we were having dinner later in Palo - so daughter ate in Cabana then went on to Edge - we went along for an appetizer). It was nice she could have some of the same choices she would have had in the dining room.

She loved Edge (11-13) - at first I thoguht it was just going to be "hanging out" but she did lots of activities (called several times for help on a couple of scavenger hunts around the ship, for example).

If kids want to be interviewed "on the red carpet" before the Golden Mickeys -our daughter loves this - get there early.

The interactive detective agency is a must for kids (and I enjoyed it too).

Palo and Remy are both wonderful (and if you are going to splurge on Remy and like good wine - go ahead and splurge on the wine pairings - wonderful - we had an Alsation Gerwurtraminer that I will remember for a long time). Also, you can meet with the wine sommelier - my wife went (per the invite) - no one else showed up but ehr - she and he had a nice time chatting about wine - but the wine pairing is a better deal than buying an epxensive bottle if you do the tasting menu. Now if you don't intend to do the tasting menu and order a la carte (which you can do) then you might just want a bottle of wine - and they have some wonderful wine to choose from that you can 't get elsewhere on the ship.

Pink had the best wine by the glass choices (albeit the more expensive ones as well).

Missed the piano bar with the large portholes (on Magic and Wonder) - never really found a bar we espeically liked for a cocktail before dinner - Meridian was OK (which again, has a nice wine by the glass list but not quite as nice as Pink) - but there was no piano in Meridian (and I had thought Meridian was only open to people dining at Remy or Palo but that did not seem to be the case). We tried Outlook once as well - very small but good view. The piano bar - the D Lounge - didn't do much for me - no views outside really (and it wasn't a real piano but that's the prejudice of an oldfashioned musician). There is some outdoor seating that is "attached" to the district that would allow you to take you drinks outside.

Palo and Remy are both wonderful (and if you are going to splurge on Remy and like good wine - go ahead and splurge on the wine pairings - wonderful - we had an Alsation Gerwurtraminer that I will remember for a long time). Also, you can meet with the wine sommelier - my wife went (per the invite) - no one else showed up but ehr - she and he had a nice time chatting about wine - but the wine pairing is a better deal than buying an epxensive bottle if you do the tasting menu. Now if you don't intend to do the tasting menu and order a la carte (which you can do) then you might just want a bottle of wine - and they have some wonderful wine to choose from that you can 't get elsewhere on the ship.

Thanks for the impressions! Two Remy questions:

1. I've seen it suggested that a couple split a single-portion wine pairing (evidently the servers are happy to pour half glasses for each wine). Does this seem viable to you, based on the total quantity of wine poured? (i.e., does the pairing set add up to a half bottle? a bottle? a large bottle?)

2. Does the $75 fee include a tip, or did you tip on top of it?

Thanks for the impressions! Two Remy questions:

2. Does the $75 fee include a tip, or did you tip on top of it?

Didn't know the answer to the first one, but I email DCL with this question. Here is the response. We will leave an additional gratuity, but according to DCL, it is included.

Thank you for your interest in a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to assist you.

The Palo Dining Option of $20.00 per person and the Remy Dining Option
of $75.00 per person
is automatically added to the Guests' shipboard account.

The gratuity is included in the Palo or Remy Dining Option; however,
guests may leave an additional gratuity. Price is subject to change
without notice.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further
assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

Kaye
Reservations Department
Disney Cruise Line

You register and get a detective card and a clue booklet. You go around to the different pieces of animated artwork and they give you clues. On our cruise there were two to choose from--the puppy caper and the case of the missing artwork.

Where do you register? Thanks.

My son will be 14 when we cruise with my nephews next year. Will they let him by in the Oceaneers lab with my nephews? He is not one to make friends easily and will be happier with his cousins.

This is YEARS ago, but when my daughter was that age she had the same problem -- she did not want to go to the teen club (very shy) and we got permission for her to stay in the Oceaneers lab and she had a great time.

We did this in Barcelona on our b2b in 2007. We made a special effort to exit the ship just to get our pictures taken as we had special shirts to wear for the second cruise (we always get special tees for each embarkation pic).

My son will be 14 when we cruise with my nephews next year. Will they let him by in the Oceaneers lab with my nephews? He is not one to make friends easily and will be happier with his cousins.

My son just turned 11, and was allowed to visit his sisters in the Oceaneers rooms any time he wanted (the lab and club are one big area). This was on the latest Dream cruise.

This is such a helpful thread! A question about carry-ons--when we took a cruise on another cruise-line (not Disney), we found that we couldn't have the nice dinner the first night because we boarded in shorts and T-shirts and didn't receive our suitcases in our stateroom until after dinner started. I was thinking we should bring a nice dinner outfit and bathing suits in our carry-ons to avoid that problem this time. Has anyone run into this problem on the Dream, or did you get your suitcases quickly enough to change for dinner?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter