• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post Your Cozumel Questions Here

Hi, Sally!
I was wondering if you could tell me the difference in between the two excursions to the ruins? One is much more $$, wondering if it is worth it? Sorry, if you replied to this before, I couldn't find my post. :( Thanks in advance for the info.

Sorry, since I live here in Cozumel, I am not familiar with the Disney excursions. Every cruiseline runs their own tours. I was hoping someone else would answer for you!

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Sally, WOW! You are an angel for helping so much........I will make an extra trip to see you to thank you in person, along with drink beer and play golf! We will be in Cozumel this April on the RCL Enchantment and then in NOV on the Magic! I am thinking of going to Chankanaab in April, we will have our 15 month old baby, my late 20's brother and girlfriend and my 60+ parents. It sounds like a peacful relaxing place! In aprevious post you mentioned a nice wade in area where I can take my little girl, but it also supposedly has great snorkleing for my brother and I! Is this true? They also mention ruins, are these real or replicas. I assume there is food and bevs there too? Do they have waverunners etc. for rent there too? THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!

A wade in area for your little one, yes, snorkeling, yes, food and drink, yes, the ruins are replicas (sorry) and no wave runners, as it is a protected portion of the national park.

We look forward to seeing you here!

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Sally, We have little ones that love the water, maybe too much, I am wondering if life jackets are available for them at Paradise Beach or any other beach area.

The "ruines" at Chakanaab is a little area in the trees with a reproduction of how the people lived. They lived in wood and palm frond homes so nothing of their villages would have survived the decades in the jungles. The stone buildings are monuments to their gods and locations for sacrifices. Give me the reconstructed homestead any day. Those people lived in fear that they would be the next one designated to give their all for the gods, I would rather see how they lived.

We loved Chakanaab. Great snorkeling, food and beach!

Jan :earsgirl:

Sally;
I tried to see if you answered this, but tired of retreating back in the thread. We are going to Cozumel in two weeks and wanted to do a snorkel combo beach day with three kids 2,10 and 12. We are told by Disney they will not allow the 2yr old on their excursion which uses Fury. I contacted Fury and they are so booked through cruise line (busy season) that they we not sure if they could accept outside reservations. Any thoughts on other outfits which would snorkel like Fury?

Thanks.

For a great snorkel trip, contact Eagle Ray Divers at

www.eagleraydivers.com

The Fury snorkel trip is as much about drinking as it is about snorkeling. It might not be the best choice for your children anyway.

Life vests are available at snorkel locations, because some people like to rent them while snorkeling. The white sandy beaches typically do not have them. I'm not 100% sure about Paradise beach; they seem to have eveything, but I wouldn't count on it. They do however, have free floating mats to have nearby.

Hope that helps,

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Sally,

Are these snorkel vests or regular life vests? We want our kids to play on the water stuff without having to worry about them too much.

In looking at a map of Cozumel :
http://gocozumel.com/island-map.htm
This was one of the better ones I could quickly find, I was not sure where paradise beach is ?

Is it up near DZUL HA or South east by the bob marley bar.

Also where would I find Mr. Sanchos beach on that map.

Or any other map you have which is better.

and
Thanks for your info.

These are snorkel vests. If you need something more sturdy, you'll need to bring your own.

Paradise Beach is immediately south of San Francisco Beach. It opened recently so it does not appear on some maps. Mr. Sancho's is a mile or two further south.

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

We are sailing on the Magic on May 8th and will be in Cozumel. Of course we want to come play mini-golf at your facility. Please pm me with rates. While we are at Cozumel, we also want to go swim with the dolphins at Chankanaab Park @ either 11, 1 or 3 o'clock. Our ship docks at 10 o'clock. What advice can you give us for our schedule? Golf or dolphins first? And is it possible to do the dolphins at 11 when we dock at 10? Thanks in advance!

Hi Sally:

This is Joe from Connecticut. I met you last Wednesday, 1/21, with my family and other fellow cruisers. We all had a great time playing mini-golf on your beautiful course. We will continue to recommend you to anyone who is visiting Cozumel. Thanks again. Also, thanks for all of the valuable information that you provide on this board.

P.S. We hope to cruise again on the Western Magic next January, and we'll stop by again if we do so. Take care and good luck with everything!

Thank you! It was a pleasure meeting you, your family and your friends. We look forward to seeing you again on your next cruise...

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Hi Sally,

We'll be visiting you soon and just wanted to know the price per round of minigolf (I'm assuming it is 18-holes). Thanks for all the additional advice you have already posted!

Hi Sally,

Opps! One more question: which is the absolute best spot for snorkelling. And does it supply the snorkel gear?

Thanks, again!

A challenging round of 18 holes is $7 per adult and $5 per child 11 years old and under. Toddlers playing with plastic putters are only $3.

Dzul Ha has the best snorkeling and they have rental equipment available. There's no entry fee and it's just a $7 cab ride for up to 4 passengers.

Hope that helps, and thanks for the bump, Dave!

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

We're coming in next week on the magic. Do you know what the cab charge to Mr Sanchos (2 adults, 2 children) would be? Also, my husband wants to rent a waverunner/jet ski - do they have them there at Mr Sanchos? I wanted to try the new Paradise area, but it seems as though they definitely don't have waverunners. Thanks so much - I hope we can find time in the afternoon to make it over your way...Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter