Post Your Cozumel Questions Here

What is your take on the Dolphin Encounter or Swim? Is it worth the money? Is one alot more better than the other? I have 2 girls that want to do the swim, but then that means I have to do it along with them, because of their ages. Not sure if it's worth $350. HELP!

we are booked for the dolphin swim at 3:30pm (thanks for the info on it :D )

My question is what to do before? Are there any good family beaches that we might enjoy before the swim? We're already planning on golf after;)
Thanks again for all you valuable info!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

ccruiser: How old are your girls? If they are very young, you may want to consider doing the swim in a couple of years. It's totally up to you, but $350 is alot of money to me. It IS a wonderful experience, but perhaps better savored when the girls are a little older?

Nurseb: My understanding is that you will have to meet at the ship at a certain time to go to Chankanaab for your dolphin swim. Once you are on board, inquire as to whether or not you can go to Chankanaab early and meet your excursion there. If not, there are many beaches to choose from. With kids I recommend Mr Sancho's. There's no entry fee, the beach is beautiful, it's not crowded and there are kid things to do.

Hope that helps,

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

GenieDana: I stopped by the Foundation of Parks and Museums yesterday to check on Chankanaab prices. Entrance to Chankanaab is $10 per person for 8 year olds and older, free for 7 year olds and younger. I'm still working on Playa Sol for you.

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

My hubby wanted to do Wave Runners... so I went along... We went to Playa Sol... because no one could tell us for sure if Mr. Sanchos had them there. Playa Sol was beautiful... and my hubby and ds enjoyed their ride very much.

HOWEVER, my friends did come visit you... Thanks to me;) . They knew that I wanted to come and I told them all about your Mini-golf. You may remember them... They were there last wednesday a group of 10 (4 Adults, 3 teens, 2 pre-teens, 1 six year old girl). They said that they told you a friend had told them about your wonderful place.

I am so sorry I missed it! I guess I will just have to go to Cozumel again sometime soon!!!

:Pinkbounc

Thank you so much for sending your friends here. I absolutely remember the group of ten last Wednesday from the Magic. I've been keeping track of players from the Magic since I started posting on this board so that I can watch the numbers grow! It was a real treat to have them on our course. Did they have a good time?

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Can little kids swim with the dolphins at Chankanaab? A friend recently told me that another friend of hers is doing this. She said the kids stand on some kind of platform and the dolphins swim up to them, do tricks and they can feed them. It was about $35/kid but the kids never actually got into the water w/ the dolphins. They are traveling on RCL. Could this be something the cruise line arranges independently? It sounds perfect for my kids ages 3 and 6! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi Sally. I have been reading this thread trying to catch up on all of your information. Thank you!

My question concerns your CD collection. Do you have any Muddy Waters, B.B. King, Blind Lemon Jefferson or other Blues? Janis Joplin also qualifies - lol.

My son and I will definitely stop in for a round of Mini-Golf either before or after our Wild Tours ATV adventure. I think DM will also come along, but she'll probably forgo a golf club for a club soda - and, I am sure, a handful of those apple oatmeal raisin cookies from the Cafe!

Buckaroo's Dad: You can always bring CD's with you and we will be happy to play them on the course! That said, in our collection we do have B.B. King and Janis Joplin, as well as the Jeff Healy Band, Robert Cray, Johnny Lang, Kenny Wayne Sheppard, Eric Clapton ("Unplugged" is Bluesy), Stevie Ray Vaughn and Coco Montoya. Scott has these all categorized as Blues, so if you disagree... he's the one to talk to. In addition, it's been ages since he went through the collection for the purposes of categorization, so I'm sure we have more.

For everyone else, we also have classic rock, jazz, country, reggae, salsa and what I call "beach music". No rap, sorry. did I miss anything?

kangaroodle: I have not heard of this program. It could well be something RCL has put together. Are you certain your friend did this in Cozumel?

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Kangaroodle - DCL offers the shore excursion you are interested in experiencing. It is called the Dolphin Discovery Cozumel at Chankanaab National Park. Anyone 10 years and older is $105. Children ages 3 to 9 are $90. On another web site, this same interaction is offered by an independent tour company. However, it states only available on Saturdays and children must be at least 4-feet tall. Their cost is significantly less. I believe $65. Hope this helps...

Sally - you would only have to apologize if you HAD rap!

YES Sally, my friends did enjoy their time at your course. They said it was just a beautiful as the pictures on your web-site. I can't wait to see their pictures.

Thanks for the info about the dolphins. I will check into it! I think my kids would enjoy that...just have to justify the cost!;)

Sally ...

Is there any easy way to get back and forth to Isla Mujeres in a day? I know it's a distance, but we have our reasons for wanting to go if possible. I'm prepared for disappointment so don't worry about saying "can't be done".

To get to Isla Mujeres you would need to take the 10am ferry to Playa del Carmen, arriving at 10:40 or so, then walk 3 blocks to the bus station, take a bus to Cancun (they run every 15 minutes) and arrive 1 hour 15 minutes later. Then a taxi to where you catch the ferry to Isla. I'm sorry, I don't have the schedule for that ferry. It can be done, I'm sure, but involves some planning and patience. Also, you have to gauge whether or not it will be worth the time spent in transport.

If you are still interested, let me know and I'll work on getting that ferry schedule for Isla to you...

Never mind, found it! There are two ferries. One ferry to Isla departs at 9:45am, 11:30am, 2:30pm and 5:15pm. Return trips at 1:30pm, 4:30 and 7pm. The other departs at 9:30am, 11am, 12:30pm, 1:15pm and2:30pm. Return trips at noon, 3:30pm and 5pm.

The ferry from Playa del Carmen back to Cozumel runs at (I'll limit to afternoon/evening times here) 3pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm, 9pm and 11pm.

Hope that helps!

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Speaking of PLaya........My DH and I LOVE Playa del Carmen. We try to go at least every other year for a 4 to 5 day trip to one of the all inclusive resorts. It is so laid back, non-commercial, beautiful!

It is one of Mexico's best kept secrets. I have never been somewhere soooooooo beautiful in my life. We do the opposite and took the ferry to Cozumel for the day to snorkel. The ferry is very nice, it looks like a small cruise ship. Get there early because a line forms for the ferry because a lot of workers commute I believe.

The shopping is the same you find in Cozumel just on a much smaller scale. On the Playa side by the ferry is a Senor Frogs which is fun to hang out at and wait for the ferry. It is right on the water and has the soft white sand beach leading up to it. There is also a public beach right off the ferry area where you can swim or just hang out on the Playa side. Playas beaches are very soft, no rocks and the water is usually calm.

Have fun!

GenieDana: I have more information for you. As I posted before, Chankanaab charges $10 per person, free to 7 year olds and younger. I stopped briefly at Playa Sol yesterday to check their prices for you. Playa Sol charges $8 per person, free to 5 year olds and younger. That's right, if your child is 6 years old, expect to pay $8 to get him/her in! Yowza! Go someplace else!

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

Hi Sally!
well, we are at 11 days and counting...just popped in to say Hi! Just wondering, should we bring our Ricky CD, or can we just use yours? LOL!
Looking forward to our Cozumel experience!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter