Post your best organizational, space saving and trip making secrets here!!

-collapsible fabric bins (dollar store) to corral all of the daily use stuff like lanyards, phones, wallets, cameras etc. Just grab the contents of your bins and go. No wasting time looking for precious objects.

LOVE this tip! I just saw some of the collapsible bins at Dollar Tree, I'll have to go pick some up.

One more thing, I always restock/repack my park bag each night. I hate wasting morning time refilling a mini bottle of sunscreen, or ensuring we have enough wipes.

We do this too but it is just an extension of what we do at home. Before bed:

1. Look at the plan for tomorrow.
2. Set out clothes (kids and grownups)
3. Pack bags and restock
4. Set out all items that need to come with us in one location

Then in the morning, we just get up shower, dress, eat a quick breakfast and go!

I am loving this thread! I'm not all the way through it yet, but I plan on making my way through every page :)

One thing that I want to add, that I don't think has been mention yet, is if you're looking for a good snack to bring to the parks with you, those pouches that have fruit purees are FANTASTIC! They don't break in your bag, and an easy and clean snack for kids. My kids are both way past the baby food stage, and they both love having one of those as a snack when we're out.

I preprint a few labels with family members names, handy for sticking on refillable mugs!

I LOVE this thread!!!! But I'm only on Page 18! LOL I wonder if I'll get through the entire 64 pages before our trip in Nov./Dec.!:lmao:

We went thru may handi-wipes at the park. I buy the individually wrapped ones - they hardly take up any room.

I would pull some out of my messenger bag each time we stopped to eat.

I did not bring enough last time. Giant sells them in a box of 24 - -I thought 1 box would be enough....wrong!

I'm bringing 3 next time for our 9 day trip.

Pick up the huge bag at BJ's and you'll have plenty!:banana:

We went thru may handi-wipes at the park. I buy the individually wrapped ones - they hardly take up any room.

I would pull some out of my messenger bag each time we stopped to eat.

I did not bring enough last time. Giant sells them in a box of 24 - -I thought 1 box would be enough....wrong!

I'm bringing 3 next time for our 9 day trip.

Pick up the huge bag at BJ's Wholesale Club and you'll have plenty!:banana:

I LOVE this thread!!!! But I'm only on Page 18! LOL I wonder if I'll get through the entire 64 pages before our trip in Nov./Dec.!:lmao:

I've been through a few of the threads on here and I find it's easier to start at the end and go backwards. I love all of the info, but really want to get to the most current info. :)

We did the Disneyland/MR cruise and Yellowstone and all places in between trip last Christmas so we really had to travel light - very hard to pack for boiling hot and freezing cold weather on the same trip.

We took a collapsible mesh laundry hamper with us that I bought at home (way more expensive than in the U.S - ce la vie). I also bought a hanging shoe hanger for the cruise. I bought two large and two slightly smaller suitcases for our trip from Australia so that way we could store the smaller suitcases inside the larger ones at places where we stayed for a while and there were drawers/robes to utilise.

I saved samples of washing powder and liquid before we left to bring over. For little things like undies and socks I washed them in the shower with me (stomping and swishing as I washed my hair) and then hung them over backs of chairs or on coat hangers to dry). I don't use fabric softener at home and we don't have a clothes dryer so that wasn't a bother. But I did buy the fabric softener sheets at a dollar store in San Pedro to put in the suitcases to keep them smelling nice and to use in hotel dryers.

We bought cheap seasonal winter clothing that we could use then donate to charity before we flew home.

The only things I would do different when we come over next (we're going to WDW next year) would be to pack way less clothes than we did last time so I can take advantage of your cheaper prices, and not eat too much and buy new clothes in the U.S early in the trip. I put on 5 kilograms and was so dejected about it I refused to shop for myself. Your sizings are different to ours so I couldn't buy something without trying it on first.

I've also started a tips-mark2 document for the next trip. It'll be interesting to go back through the last one and see what worked and didn't and what I used or didn't bother with, then compare it with the next one.

Purex 3 in 1 for laundry

Snacks for kids in park(pringles,goldfish,fruit buddies,granola bars,drink packets,etc)

Take and toss sippy cups (for my 1yo)

Pump hand soap for bathroom

Hand wipes

Draw strip laundry bags (dollar store) that way dirty clothes are already packet. This keeps the room neat and we just toss them in the car when leaving.

Rain ponchos from previous trips

Coloring supplies/mcdonald type toys in back pack for times when you are waiting. The twist-able crayons are great for this no breaking.

Small flashlights and headphones

Batteries and a universal small tool (to get to the batteries)

I use receiving blankets for changing pads and bring one for each day.

That is all I can think of at the moment

JK

This thread is great. I have copied so much info.
I am only on page 40, so I dont know if this one has been mentioned yet. I have never actually been to DW, only DL once and then going again in a few weeks. We have a bag that DH got when he coached a kids soccer team that folds up about the size of a folded t-shirt. It was $10 at walmart. I will be packing that in one of our suit cases so we have extra room when we return for all the extra stuff we will probably be buying.
We also just put baby wipes in zip lock bags rather than buying individual wrapped wipes.

Buy the $6 refill pack of baby wipes. Keep the refill pack sealed and it will last a long time.

Carry a travel sized amount in a ziplock bag. ;)

I have a collection of pants hangers with clips. I have also kept/requested the kids hangers from department stores with clips. I use these to hang wet clothes and swimsuits over the shower rod. They dry faster that way and you can just push them out of the way to take a shower.

Fab idea! I have plenty of those!

We use our own beach towel as a blanket and seat cover for the road trip to FL.
we rent two vans to travel from TX to FL and we leave at 4 a.m. in order to reach FL early enough for a nice dinner and night rest. South TX is too hot to travel w/o air conditioning and not everyone agrees on what is the perfect temperature. We also don't worry about spills, etc.

Same here! Beach towel is a wonderful thing!

A couple of suggestions:

Bring a distinctive antenna topper for the rental car so it's easier to find in the parking lot.

Bring the powerstrip, and leave the chargers plugged into it; it's easier to get all the chargers home if they are in the strip.

Freeze half-full water bottles overnight. Then top up in the morning and wrap in a washcloth. You will have cold water all day.

I bought a thin, insulated lunch bag at the dollar store to keep the frozen water bottles in while we are in the parks.

Don't forget that chocolate, marshmallow, etc. will melt as it sits in your pack waiting to be eaten. Messy in line!

I always bring a bathroom deodorizer of can of spray purchased from the dollar store; it's always appreciated :rolleyes1

Not only do we buy multiple glow sticks (the thin, bracelet type that come 6 or 12 to a pack) to share while waiting for evening shows- we use them in the hotel room as night lights, hung around the towel rack in the bathroom.

Great idea! We are always triple checking to make sure we got all the cords!

Water bottles with insulated holders are a must here in Miami. Frozen or ice filled bottles start to sweat immediately and turn into quite a mess. We have a small insulated bad that can be worn over the shoulder. A good purse lunchbag would also work well.

Love a product called Camp Suds. Its a small bottle of all purpose soap.

" This all-purpose, biodegradable soap in a compact bottle works in hot, cold or salt water to wash just about anything.

Just a few drops gives quick, effective suds

Use sparingly in water to clean hands, face, hair, clothing, dishes and anything else that's washable" (REI website)

Started using it when my boys were babies for cleaning bottles when we were traveling...then awesome for rinsing out sippy cups. Never was without it in the diaper bag!
Now it great for the refillable resort mugs, and just about anything else. I do not use it for hair, but it is great for dishes, hands, and a quick wash for a shirt. It really does just take a drop and rinses really easy.

You can find it at any camp store, online, or outdoor store.

No affiliation...just love the product and find it super convenient!

~amy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter