• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post trip report tree houses/bcv

nolanboys

DIS Veteran
Got back Monday from a great week stay and wanted to relive the trip. We arrived on the 28th. Rain, rain, rain! Not that big of a deal because we were not going to the parks that day. Took the ME to SSR. It was our first trip home. I had done online check in and requested to be near the grandstand section. Disappointed with our treehouse location and talked to the CM. He graciously did a search and got us a great location near the pool and bus stop in room 7057. It was about 1:00 and the room wasn't ready, so we headed to Artist's Palette for lunch. All the food was good, but the wait was ridiculously long. They weren't even busy, so I can't imagine what it would be like when it is more crowded. We got the text at 2:00 that the room was ready and a nice CM drove us out in a cart. The treehouse was spectacular. Beautifully decorated and spotless. We are a family of 6 and it worked out perfectly for us. Loved being able to separate the kids at bedtime and they loved the bunk beds. We unpacked and then went to DTD for a bit. It was still raining heavily, so we only stayed for about an hour. Went back and had dinner at Turf Club. The meal was very good as was the service. We walked back to our treehouse, which only took 12 minutes. We don't mind walking at all and actually enjoyed the grounds. The rain and become a drizzle, so we went for a dip. The quiet pool by the tree houses was small but we loved it. Very secluded and peaceful and the hot tub was actually hot!:goodvibes went back and enjoyed a relaxing evening. I can't say enough about the tree houses. It was so nice to really feel away from it all and not worry about my 4 boys making too much noise and bothering others.:goodvibes
Next up.....MK

Great start. We left the day you arrived. It was thundering early that morning. Wondered if we were going to leave but we left with a slight delay. It was kind of a bumpy flight but we got home safely.

Our family loved our Treehouse stay, and we're hoping the waitlist works for us in October.

Looking foward to reading more from you!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Sounds wonderful! May I ask a question? If you had to stay at the original location in the THV area, would the experience still have been positive?

I need to figure out how to subscribe to a thread-again-if it's still possible? It's been awhile...:D

Can you recommend where I could request to stay? We are there for 7 nights in Feb and would like a villa in a good location but would also like a deck that is in the sun most of the day (can be cooler in Feb and always liked the cabins at the Ft. that had sun on the decks).

Thanks in advance - Denise

Do you have a car on property or are you using Disney transportation? I'm curious how convenient it is from the treehouses since you have to transfer at The Springs or Grandstand? Let us know!

To answer a few questions - we did not have a car and only used the treehouse bus one time when it was raining. The walk to the Grandstand bus stop was only 8 minutes and we liked that we were the first stop and guareenteed to get a seat. The one mistake we made was not realizing that the treehouse bus stops at the Grandstand stop as well as the Springs stop. We road a bus all the way to the Springs stop (last one) and then caught a treehouse bus to only go and stop back at the Grandstand. As far as room requests, we just requested to be near the pool and Grandstand because without a car, some of the other treehouses are too remote. Our room was also very close to the boat dock to DTD, but we were unfortunately never able to use it because of the weather. All the decks are pretty shaded because of tall the trees, so I don't have a specific room to request for that.

On to day 2....MK!
We were at the bus stop early and made it to the park 20 minutes before opening. The show they put on before opening always makes me tear up and it was fun to walk quickly to Space Mountain. We rode it right away and as we walked out met up with good friends from home who were there for the day. It was such a nice treat for my boys to be able to show their friends around and we so enjoyed watching them experience MK for the first time. They were blown away by Splash Mountain and we were very lucky to be able to ride it twice - once with no wait and once with a fast pass. By 1:30, we said our goodbyes to our friends and headed out to enjoy some pool time. We knew the weather was iffy over the next few days and wanted to be able to take in some sunshine. We had to stop at the bakery and get our ice cream sandwiches first. They are so big! We bought 3 and split them and had 3 people ask us about them and then quickly get in line for them. At a little over $4, they are one of the best(and most delicious) things in the park.

Pool time was great. We met so many nice people and DVC's at the pool. They kids had fun at the pool party and we all danced the conga. We went to Epcot in the evening and enjoyed the pretzels in Germany - another great deal. It was our first time at the garden show and were blown away by the topiaries. How they're able to create all those characters is amazing! Oh, how I love Epcot's world showcase on a beautiful evening!:goodvibes

On to Wednesday... Epcot
After hitting most of the rides, we headed over to Le Cellier for lunch at 11:30. We had never eaten there and were very excited to try it. It certainly did not let us down. We were there at opening, and all the servers came up to the reception area and sang O Canada - very memorable! DH, my twins and myself ordered the prefix lunch. Had we known how big the portions were, we would have known to only order 2 of them and split them. All 3 of the appetizers were delicious and we had fun tasting each others. The salad and polenta with sausage were especially good. We all ordered the burger and all agreed it was one of the best burgers we had ever eaten. We unfortunately had a lot left over and since we weren't going back to our room, we couldn't save them.:guilty:Loved my chocolate "moose" - the presentation made us all smile.

Walked over to BWV for Welcome Home Wednesday. It was enjoyable and DVC's daughter was very funny - we noticed later in the week that she is also a judge at the American Idol experience. They really got my kids involved and it was a nice way to relax for an hour. I was surprised that there was no mention of any incentives to purchase more points.

Leisurely strolled back to Epcot and the boys did a Kim Possible mission. Looked up and the sky and thought we better head back. We literally ran to the bus and hopped on one and the sky's opened. It was a torrential downpour - so much that it was splashing up through the back door of the bus. You could see the damage that the storm did back at the tree houses - there was debris everywhere. We were able to swim in the ttreehouse pool around dinner, but it was a mess. A CM did come and try and clean up a little, but the damage the storm had done was too much. We enjoyed a quiet evening in the tree houses. Just cooked frozen pizzas in the oven, kids watched a movie and DH and myself read our books and enjoyed some wine. We had a lot more down time this trip and I loved it. Relaxing more definitely has it's advantages!:goodvibes

Coming up....my son's 6th birthday! Oh, what a happy day!

Thursday - my son's 6th birthday!!!

Woke up to pouring rain. So much for early magic hours at MK. Oh well, new plan. The rain broke a little so we headed to HS. DS is finally tall enough to ride Rock and Roll. He loved it!:thumbsup2Road it twice along with TofT. Rain was picking up so we took a bus to the TS and then took the monorail to Contemporary. A big thank you to all the CM's and guests that kept wishing my son a happy birthday. He was beaming throughout the entire day. Breakfast at Chef Mickeys was very good and our waiter was great. He timed bringing out DS's cake right when the characters were coming in our area and the song came on and everyone was waving their napkins. DS thought everyone was singing for him! Minnie came over while they were lighting the candles and helped my son blow them out - priceless! The cake, which was a choclate MM head, was expensive ($48), but one of the best cakes I have ever eaten. After some fantastic character interaction and pictures, they boxed up our leftover cake and we headed out on the monorail to walk around the Poly and GF. The rain was still crazy so it was our best option. The arcade at the Poly was fun for the kids, but it is a joke at the GF. Oh well, it was something to do and we had fun looking for hidden mickeys around the resorts. Went back to SSR for some pool and then decided to go to the community hall. It was packed because of the rain, but the CM's were making sure everyone was having a fun time. When one CM saw that it was my son's birthday she yelled for everyone's attention and then announced why today was so special and had everyone sing. My son just beamed!:goodvibes

we went back to the room for dinner and to pack up for our resort switch. My son couldn't have asked for a more special day even with all the rain.

Up next - BCV - I must own there...I must own there...:goodvibes

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful vacation. I too love the BCV's!!! Can't wait to hear about your stay their.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter