• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post-trip news

Alice28

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I'm Doombah Fricki
Wow...as if I could have even dreamt this....

My mom calls last night and says, "Hey, there is a conference I could go to in Orlando in October....would you want to meet me down there for 4-5 days??" I was like "Oh, no....I couldn't possibly...well, maybe if this happened....and if this happens..." My husband said "Absolutely go for it...I will watch the boys so you and your mom can have a good time." I'm not totally committed yet, but I could easily be talked into it! I think we're getting a free airline ticket soon, and if Mom and I split the cost of the room...well, you all know how it goes! Once the magic hits, you'll do anything to go back! I just thought it would be 2-3 years from now, not 6 months!! We're thinking if we can get a good code, we'll stay at the Wilderness Lodge. If not, then maybe Port Orleans. :Pinkbounc

And the other good news....that mysterious shopping my parents did the last morning at the MK....the Fed Ex man delivered me a package yesterday. Inside was the coolest snow globe- it has all the characters around the base (which is Cinderella's Castle), and has Mickey and his gang in the bottom globe, and Dumbo spinning to the music on the top. I love it! It was so sweet and thoughtful of my parents to do that. They know how much I love Disney, and were really appreciative of all the time I spent planning our days, time on the phone making our dinner reservations, etc. I am a lucky girl!!!

Great news! Enjoy both the snow globe and the trip. Let us know how the trip goes.

Go for the second trip, You only live once! ( I always use that one to justify my vacations lol) Enjoyed your trip reports!

What a great gift. If only someone would invite me down!

It's only my opinion, but if
DH says "Go!", then you
need to commit! I believe
things happen for a reason
and if it's meant for you to
go, then it will all work out!
Enjoy the time with your
Mom, I miss mine terribly!
Patty

I have just read all of your trip reports, and then I read your post trip report and almost cried. That was so special of your parents to send you your globe. I truly wish in my heart that I could have been in your shoes and spent that kind of time with my parents. Even though I am in my late 30's (holding on), my dad is 81 and in ill health, and mom won't leave him. We live three hours away and I don't see them unless I go. So, you had a truly special time that I know you will never forget, and to spend all of that time with your DH and DS's was incredible. I truly enjoyed your reports. It brought back a lot of memories, as we went for 7 days in February!! It was me, DH and my two DS, age 12 and 7. I learned a lot from your posts on different restaurants, when we went we were really unsure of the restaurants, and did only one PS for breakfast, the rest was counter or food court. Now I have a better idea, when we go back in about two years! (according to DH). If I were you, go with your Mom!!!! You won't regret it. Thanks for the time in posting your trip reports. Here's to the Magic!

YAY!!! I reserved the room today....5 nights at the Contemporary again. I found out I can get the Shades of Green rate as my husband's dependant. I just have to go get my military ID card. So I requested the days, it was available and wa-la, the trip is set. Mom said her company is paying for her flight, and she has two free SW airlines tickets and I can have one!!!!!!!!!!! WOW! Thanks mom!!!!!! So I only have to pay probably around $500 for the trip- well, that's before we go shopping! :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter