Post pics of your bag you carry into park

Way back when this thread started, I bought the Overland Donner bag as many had recommended. We go to WDW once or twice a year, so my Donner has been well used! However, I am growing a little weary of slinging it across my shoulder and feeling weighed down on one side. So I think I am ready to down size and do the unthinkable...get a fanny pack. I know, they are not exactly fashionable, but I would so love to get rid of the bulge on my hip...and put it infront of my stomach instead LOL! You know, WDW vistors aren't known as a fashionable bunch. We long time serious DISers know we need to dress for comfort to get through the long day of huffing it around the parks. So, I'm getting the fanny pack.Actually, they are called a waist pack now. I found one that looks pretty good at Eddie Bauer!

http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/Bags--Gear/Wallets/index.cat

I think the smallest one(on sale!) will do. Does anyone else use a "waist pack" or got one from Eddie Bauer? thoughts? I will miss carrying a water, but thought perhaps I could fit in one of those small "chubby" bottles.

The last two trips my family used the Baggallini Messenger back, which of course is slung to one side also. I was determined to carry as much as possible to avoid spending a lot of money, so we rented a locker for water and lunch stuff, then carried water and snacks with us. By the end of this last trip I was so envious of the women wearing fanny packs. People went on and on on the disboards about how unfashionable they were, but those were the people who looked the most comfortable. They didn't have anything digging into their necks, pulling on their shoulders. I kept fantasizing about how amazing it would be to be totally free of the boulder hanging from my body. This next trip I will save extra money and get all of our snacks and water at the park, and get a fanny pack for my money, camera, and a few essentials. I want to feel free!! I saw TONS of people wearing fanny packs, and most of them seemed like fairly fashionable people to me! ;) If you get one of the Eddie Bauer ones, please let us know how it works for you.

My Baggallini On the Town bag arrived. My first impression was that it was too small because it was shipped very flat! But let me give you detail on what I think now that I've used it for a couple days:

- The overall construction is nice. It feels a tad 'heavy' but it's still lighter than my last canvas purse.

- The water resistant part is going to be cool!! But it's not so obvious that the material is nylon. It looks really nice and even chic with the silver zips and such.

- The arm strap adjusts so I can wear it on one shoulder or lengthens to go across my body. It has plenty of room to lengthen and I like that. But there is no padding on the strap. I like that because it LOOKS better but we will see how I FEEL after wearing it in the parks. So far, it's felt great and even better than my last purse because it is lighter.

- It has a back zipper pocket. I thought I would prefer an open one (like my last bag) but then silly me realized I didn't HAVE to zip it up :laughing: I like to drop my keys in here quickly. But the zip is nice because I can guarantee they won't fall out! The back zipper pocket covers the whole length and heigth of the purse so it will fit a lot more in it!

- It has two side tiny pockets. In the teeny-tiny days of cell phones, it may have fit that but there is no way my iphone will fit in these. I am using the pockets for tiny items I might not access a lot - lotion, bandaids, aspirin, etc.

- The front has a zip pocket that has two pen holders, credit card holders, an inside zip pocket, and a somewhat extendable pocket. I don't carry credit cards outside of my wallet but this is nice to put things into 'slots' like my husbands business cards, frequent shopper cards, gum, and my blotting papers.

- The pen holders in the front pocket and in the main pocket are way too big to hold regular pens. I tried anyway but noticed that I kept knocking into the pens as I tried to get deeper into the purse. So they probably won't serve any function ever for me.

- The large inside pocket has another zip pocket in it, an attached 6 inch length of material with a clip (you could put your keys on it) and another attached 6 inch length of material with a zip "wallet". The zip wallet has a front see through pocket to hold a drivers license and the wallet itself is fairly large. I'm using it to hold my make up (I like to have powder, cover up, chapstick, and lipstick with me).

- The large inside pocket holds my wallet, iphone, travel kleenex, sunglasses + case, digital camera, and has room to spare. I could fit a water bottle in here but it would be tight - it would fit fine if I stood it up and left the top unzipped. This is my only complaint about the purse. I would have preferred it a tad larger to hold the water bottle but I'm going to think about getting those water bottle hooks. Or just carrying it my hand. Or DH can just put it in his cargo shorts' pockets ;)

All in all, I'm glad I purchased it. No matter what, it's definitely my new weekend purse! (My weekday purse is my laptop bag.) And I will definitely take it to the parks! All the zip pockets will help tremendously at organizing my little things.

Thanks for all the help!

Hi all, been reading through this thread after several bad experiences with my VB Hipster and repeated rides on Kali River Rapids...so I think I'm ready for the Baggallini :goodvibes

Anyway, short search today provided a find of 26% off using both the ebates portal (6% cashback) and then Ebags 20% free shipping sale-today only I believe (yes ending 11:00 pm PDT). I know Baggalini's are to be had cheaper than the $31.99 before the ebates rebate but ebags has a rainbow assortment of colors including pink and turquoise both of which are on my radar! :yay:

donna

Why does everyone rave over Baggallini? :confused3 the only thing that I have heard as an advantage is that its water proof. Any bag can be water proof if you spray it with "camp dry"

Way back when this thread started, I bought the Overland Donner bag as many had recommended. We go to WDW once or twice a year, so my Donner has been well used! However, I am growing a little weary of slinging it across my shoulder and feeling weighed down on one side. So I think I am ready to down size and do the unthinkable...get a fanny pack. I know, they are not exactly fashionable, but I would so love to get rid of the bulge on my hip...and put it infront of my stomach instead LOL! You know, WDW vistors aren't known as a fashionable bunch. We long time serious DISers know we need to dress for comfort to get through the long day of huffing it around the parks. So, I'm getting the fanny pack.Actually, they are called a waist pack now. I found one that looks pretty good at Eddie Bauer!

http://www.eddiebauer.com/EB/Bags--Gear/Wallets/index.cat[/

I think the smallest one(on sale!) will do. Does anyone else use a "waist pack" or got one from Eddie Bauer? thoughts? I will miss carrying a water, but thought perhaps I could fit in one of those small "chubby" bottles.

Yes, Carol, I do. I like my arms free, and like you, nothing on hip, shoulder, etc. Lopsided gets uncomfortable for me. I like to carry a water bottle too, but mostly just get a large free ice water from CS, drink it, and am quenched for awhile. I like not having the weight of it in my bag. I've never really been far enough away from water at WDW that is was a problem.
I have several waist packs, my favorites having small front zipper for KTTW and AP and fastpasses, and the usual top zipper to the larger area for sunglasses, reading glasses, snacks, comb & hairties, wallet, etc. Works really well for me.:cool2:
My daughter prefers the look of an over the shoulder:snooty:, but sometimes breaksdown and wears the waist pack for the ease and comfort and convenience can't be beat.

Have any of you ladies tried the Sherpani Milli?

http://sherpani.com/sherpani-milli.aspx

I'm thinking it might be a good park bag for us (just me & DH, mid 40's, pretty light "packers") . . . would love to hear anyone's opinions or experiences!

Thanks! :goodvibes

That is the bag I used when DH and I took our trip last October. I bought it specifically for our WDW trip and will take it with me next time we go. It worked really well for us. It's not too big, but you can fit a surprising amount of things in there if needed. (DH has a habit of slipping his phone and wallet into my bag when we travel.) You can also adjust the strap to the length you want. I tried to keep it on the lighter end but I would definitely recommend it.

Thank you for the info, Piglet24! :cheer2:

That's just the kind of info I was looking for - my DH always does the "could you just carry my [fill in the blank] in your bag?" thing too!

Have any of you ladies tried the Sherpani Milli?

I'm thinking it might be a good park bag for us (just me & DH, mid 40's, pretty light "packers") . . . would love to hear anyone's opinions or experiences!

Thanks! :goodvibes

I have the exact same bag and I Love it! I love the side pocket for water bottle option..I use it for outdoor adventures..looks like a great park bag..Amusement parks and National Parks!:thumbsup2

stitchlet-I just got this bag last week off of ebags and I've been using it as my everyday bag. I was looking for a smaller, very lightweight purse since I don't carry a lot everyday and wanted it to double as my Disney bag. I haven't used it at Disney yet, I will in August. I really like the bag so far, seems like the perfect park bag for a light packer. The only negatives I've found are that the closure on the main body of the bag is magnetic and it comes unfastened alot when I wear it, I guess from my arm brushing against it?? I wear it crossbody. Also I prefer a top zipping bag and this has the flap and then a top zipper inside on the body of the bag. You can't get to your stuff quickly. It comes with a wallet you can clip to the inside of the bag. I've found myself throwing my credit card on the outisde pocket so I can pay for things quickly and throwing my keys and phone in their too and it makes that part of the bag look weighed down. I like that there are so many zippers on the bag it keeps my things secure. I think it's a great bag overall and you will really like it.

Thanks so much for the info, yanilat and hcmommy! :goodvibes

Sounds like the Milli may turn out to be my next Disney bag! :thumbsup2

For those of you with the Baggallini messenger, what do you recommend- the crinkle nylon or the ripstop nylon? I can't seem to make up my mind.

I can get either one on sale on eBags. The price difference is about $7 between the two.

TIA:thumbsup2

I used to use a Baggallini messenger when ds was younger and we still needed to carry diapers and wipes.

Now I find it too big!

Looked all over for a new bag for me to use every day and our trips this summer and came across the Chock shoulder bag at REI.

It is just a little bit bigger than my Kindle so I can carry it when not in the parks.

Has enough room for a camera, phone, water bottle and any other small items... without being a fanny pack (it isn't much bigger than one) and it slings across my body for easy access as opposed to a backpack.

I previously had a small backpack and was dreading using it at WDW because I didn't want to keep taking it off for access.

I went to an REI store and compared the Chock to the Overland Donner bags as well as a few others and the Chock was the smallest w/o being too small.

I like the color too... :lovestruc

I purchased a bag from Eddie Bauer before our last trip for a few reasons. First of all, it is collapsable. It zips up into a tiny pouch so you can easily pack it in your suitcase before or after your trip. It worked so well! It had perfect compartments and it was comfortable and you could easily squeeze it on rides!

Here is the link!

http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/product.jsp?ensembleId=36961&&categoryId=24451&categoryName=BACKPACKS--MESSENGERS&pCategoryId=5&pCategoryName=BAGS--GEAR&gpCategoryId=1&gpCategoryName=EB&catPath=~~categoryId=24451~~categoryName=BACKPACKS--MESSENGERS~~pCategoryId=5~~pCategoryName=BAGS--GEAR~~gpCategoryId=1~~gpCategoryName=EB&viewAll=y&pg=

I have been to WDW over twenty times and this is by far my favorite bag I've taken there. It was literally perfect in every way. :woohoo:

Here's one of mine:
overland-equipment-donner-shoulder-bag-07-closeout_551249_175.jpg

I have the Overland Donner in three colors. I love these bags, they rock!:worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter