Post pics of your bag you carry into park

Ok got the baggellini...came to 24.70 all said and done and since i was looking at a used one on ebay that is going for that i had to break down and buy it. I got it in Khaki color wanted a fun girlie color but figured better go with nuetral never know if hubbykins will acutally carry it

I soooo love this thread! I've read each and every post, clicked on every link and researched just about every bag that was suggested. And more than a few that weren't, LOL.

I ended up ordering four of them...

1. Heys Travelmate: LOVED this bag. The zebra print is adorable, and perfect for someone like me, who dresses in some variation of black and white 90% of the time. And the fact that it was a steal at $12.95 from HSN made it even better. Unfortunately, I didn't factor in that I'd be carrying around DH's inflatable back pillow, and the Travelmate wasn't roomy enough for that. To add insult to injury, by the time I'd made that realization, the HSN return period had elapsed, so now I'm stuck with it. Hopefully, I'll have the opportunity to use it another time.

P11520243.jpg

2. Travelon Flap-Front Messenger: This might have been THE bag, if I hadn't found the one I'm ultimately going to use. The quilting dresses it up a bit and the zippered top was a big plus versus the usual flap that most messenger bags have. I also really liked the pretty, pale blue lining. *I have this 'thing' about linings. Weird, I know.* There is no exterior bottle holder, but the interior was roomy enough to hold a regular bottle of water, no problem. I paid $31.99 on eBags for it (a 20% discount).

SHOES_I1EC1117805.JPG
travelon.jpg

3. eBags Kayla Town Square: Great features, but man...this bag was HUGE! More like an airline carry-on than a park bag. Next time I'll pay more attention to the dimensions before I buy, LOL. This was $47.99...the most expensive of the four bags.

51eNer25TAL._AA280_.jpg
kayla.jpg

4. Baggalini Eco Messenger: After all I'd read about the Baggalini, figured I'd at least give it a look see. Ordered the Eco version, versus the rip stop or the crinkled nylon, because the price was right...$23.99. And I'm a basic black kinda gal, so the color selection didn't really bother me. It was a good size, definitely functional - although I wasn't crazy about that zippered phone pouch on the strap. I could see why it's popular, though.

113500_1_1
emes160_1.gif

I sent all of them back today. ('Cept for the Heys Travelmate, of course.)

It cracks me up that after hitting up every Marshall's, TJ Maxx, Target and Kohl's on Long Island, and scouring the internet for months, I ultimately found the PERFECT bag (for me, anyway) right under my nose...in my local Macy's.

Where I work! :laughing: *Go ahead and laugh. I'll wait.*

This is it. The Nine West In The Bag Cross-Body Hobo. In black, of course.

ninewest.jpg
41EtnVv3XlL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The sale price was $36.75, but I paid a bit less, as an employee. Pockets galore, tons of room, comfy strap. And did I mention the lining is to die for! :love: *Couldn't find a pic of the lining, but the exterior of the second bag is what the interior of my bag looks like*

Sorry this was so long-winded. It's hard for me to contain myself when talking about a subject near and dear to my heart. :cheer2:

Happy shopping, everyone!

4. Baggalini Eco Messenger: After all I'd read about the Baggalini, figured I'd at least give it a look see. Ordered the Eco version, versus the rip stop or the crinkled nylon, because the price was right...$23.99. And I'm a basic black kinda gal, so the color selection didn't really bother me. It was a good size, definitely functional - although I wasn't crazy about that zippered phone pouch on the strap. I could see why it's popular, though.

If there was an "overpackers anonymous" I would be the president. I think the easiest thing to do is post what I plan to take in the park & get some feedback on what bag you guys think will work best for me. Here goes: sunscreen, wipes, germx, tylenol, camera (w/extra battery & mem. card), cash, 2 extra shirts (for the kids), bandaids, a few snacks, a couple bottles of water. I also may end up carrying my 2 kids autograph books, lanyards, & sharpies. I just feel like I need a huge suitcase to carry in!! Please help me decide what bag to use.

So here's how I used the baggallini...
I didn't actually use that pouch on the strap for a phone, I used it for our KTTW and photopass cards. I used the phone pouch on the side for my lip gloss, hand sanitizer, and itinerary/park maps because they were easily accessible and what I needed most often. I used the water bottle holder mostly for water bottles, but it had an occasional can of sunscreen spray in it. I bought my husband a bottle strap and made him carry the water most of the time. And yes a Dasani bottle of water purchased in the park will fit into the mesh bottle holder on the side. Someone a while back was asking because the pocket looked smallish...it fits and does not fall out.

Inside the bag in the big pocket, I had:
A change of clothes for my 5.5 yo son squashed into a quart size ziploc bag with the air squeezed out (which I did not once in 8 days ever need, but I'm sure that had I left it out of the bag, he would have needed it for something)

Another quart size ziploc bag that had a small travel size tube of sunscreen, travel size deodorant, a travel size lysol spray, a travel size hand lotion, the back-up hand sanitizer, and shout wipes. Used about 5 of the 7 items.

My (small point and shoot) camera and extra film cards in its case.

A small travel size first aid kit which had a bandaids, neosporin, sterile wipes, advil, and pepto tablets...almost all of which were used during the course of the week, so I was glad to have it with me.

In the middle pocket (where all the little organizer pockets are) I had a few crystal light packets, a comb and a hair elastic, my i-pod nano, 1-2 granola bars or a bag of goldfish crackers, and my (very) small wallet that had cash, drivers license, ins cards, etc.

In the very front mesh pocket, I had the case for my glasses/sunglasses and my cell phone. And in the very back zipper pocket I had my sons autograph book and pen and 1-2 travel-size packets of baby wipes.

Now that I listed it all, it sounds like a lot. But honestly, at one point or another, we used nearly everything in there.

Does anyone know if the baggallini would fit an SLR (not in a case)? I don't carry extra lenses or flashes. I'm trying to decide if I should buy the heys travelmate and a separate camera bag or if I could fit it all in the baggallini. Thanks!

I am trying to figure out what to do with my dslr aslo. What do people do with these great bags when you are on a ride like rock n roller coaster? What about splash? This is our first year travelling without a stroller to stast things in.

Heather

Here is a picture of the bag I use:
http://www.patagonia.com/tsimages?TSimg=/tszoom/flash/zoommx.swf&svr=www.patagonia.com&img=tsimages/48257_155.fpx&w=600&h=600&bgc=FFFFFF&rgn=0.21,0.104,0.579,0.583&mz=2,2&ui=1&nv=1&end=swf

I took it with my to Disney World and on the Panama Canal cruise, and it POURED on us a few times. It has waterproof zippers, and here is the blurb from the page:
The three-point Atom combines the support of a daypack with the convenience of a courier bag. Its teardrop shape positions the load behind your shoulder and the single-strap design makes getting to the goods simple – just spin it around front. The large zippered main pocket has internal zippered mesh and stretch-woven pockets. A convenient zippered pocket on the shoulder strap is lined to protect valuables. Breathable, moisture-moving 3-D spacer mesh pads the shoulder strap and back panel to keep you cool under pressure. Made from 300-denier double-weave polyester (47% recycled) with a polyurethane coating and DWR (durable water repellent) finish.

I highly recommend this bag, and even my mom bought one and loved it in the rain. It has two pockets, a dmall on for your phone if you like, and also one on the strap in case you want your phone there. I use an iphone, which fits really tightly in the strap pocket, so I prefer to put our passes or other cards in it instead.I also wear it in the front in places I feel like I need to, and it looks great.Mine is last years style, which had a stretch mesh pocket in front, and I got it on clearance for 40% off, which they have a couple of times a year. Everything I have bought from Patagonia I have loved, and has lasted.
Amor4Pooh

Here is a picture of the bag I use:
http://www.patagonia.com/tsimages?TSimg=/tszoom/flash/zoommx.swf&svr=www.patagonia.com&img=tsimages/48257_155.fpx&w=600&h=600&bgc=FFFFFF&rgn=0.21,0.104,0.579,0.583&mz=2,2&ui=1&nv=1&end=swf

I took it with my to Disney World and on the Panama Canal cruise, and it POURED on us a few times. It has waterproof zippers, and here is the blurb from the page:
The three-point Atom combines the support of a daypack with the convenience of a courier bag. Its teardrop shape positions the load behind your shoulder and the single-strap design makes getting to the goods simple – just spin it around front. The large zippered main pocket has internal zippered mesh and stretch-woven pockets. A convenient zippered pocket on the shoulder strap is lined to protect valuables. Breathable, moisture-moving 3-D spacer mesh pads the shoulder strap and back panel to keep you cool under pressure. Made from 300-denier double-weave polyester (47% recycled) with a polyurethane coating and DWR (durable water repellent) finish.

I highly recommend this bag, and even my mom bought one and loved it in the rain. It has two pockets, a dmall on for your phone if you like, and also one on the strap in case you want your phone there. I use an iphone, which fits really tightly in the strap pocket, so I prefer to put our passes or other cards in it instead.I also wear it in the front in places I feel like I need to, and it looks great.Mine is last years style, which had a stretch mesh pocket in front, and I got it on clearance for 40% off, which they have a couple of times a year. Everything I have bought from Patagonia I have loved, and has lasted.
Amor4Pooh

I recently bought this bag (the newer style with the compression straps on the front), but I haven't gotten to use it yet. It seems like the strap is "crinkly" (for lack of a better word). It's not very soft (it's very flat and harder), and it crinkles when moved. Does this get better over time with use? I really like the bag but I'm worried about the strap. Sorry I can't explain it better!

Ok after reading this post over and over I have finally decided to order a travelmate. Any advice on color. I usually tend to go with black but am concerned it is not a good idea for Florida in July. What colors do you have and are you happy?

I'm in the market for a new bag and have found this thread helpful. Haven't read through its entirety but am on page 16...

In current lead is the Overland Equipment Donner. The measurements sound like this may be too big. Any thoughts? Our trips generally include just my husband and myself. Occasionally friends or family may join us. Our children are grown adults.

On previous trips I've already used:
1) Coach Signature Stripe Camera Bag - brass zippers are horrible on your hands
2) Coach Heritage Stripe Flight Bag - too small
3) Ameribag Rifton - Nice size but magnets de-activated my pass and the strap didn't stay put.
4) Ameribag Tech Bag - Too Large and heavy
5) Medium Ameribag goes with me every trip but is too large for daily park use

The Vera Bradley's don't appeal to me
I like the Derek Alexander Leather North/South Bag but it appears there is no back slip pocket only a vertical zippered pocket. I really need that back slip pocket.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

At first my strap was stiff, but it gets softer over time. Also, since it has poured on me several times with it, the water and washings have softened it up. I really like it because I've had incidents where my things inside my other bags have been soaked in WDW and on other vacations, and this bag is waterproof. There is no where for the water to get in, not in the back, the strap, or the zippers. It's also durable, so it won't start coming unstitched at the strap, or in the pockets like so many other cute bags do. If it really bothers you, just throw it in the wash- but not the dryer. It is made with suitcase quality material, so it will hold up to the wear and tear, and washing it won't damage the waterproofing (only drying it in a dryer will). It will soften it up a bit. The pocket on the strap is where you will find the most stiffness, since it is made of cushioning material for your phone, and unfortunately that will only get soft with time and use. Hope this helps.
Amor4Pooh

At first my strap was stiff, but it gets softer over time. Also, since it has poured on me several times with it, the water and washings have softened it up. I really like it because I've had incidents where my things inside my other bags have been soaked in WDW and on other vacations, and this bag is waterproof. There is no where for the water to get in, not in the back, the strap, or the zippers. It's also durable, so it won't start coming unstitched at the strap, or in the pockets like so many other cute bags do. If it really bothers you, just throw it in the wash- but not the dryer. It is made with suitcase quality material, so it will hold up to the wear and tear, and washing it won't damage the waterproofing (only drying it in a dryer will). It will soften it up a bit. The pocket on the strap is where you will find the most stiffness, since it is made of cushioning material for your phone, and unfortunately that will only get soft with time and use. Hope this helps.
Amor4Pooh

Great! Thanks for the response. I figured it would get better over time, but I was worried about trying to use it, and not have it get softer, and then being mad that I spent the money on it! Patagonia is a great brand for outdoor stuff, so I have no qualms about the quality of the bag itself. Here's hoping the strap gets softer :goodvibes

Such enablers! ;) I thought I was just going to use my old leather backpack, but no, I had to look at some new bags! I found a sherpani backpack on clearance for $29.99 and I couldn't say no. I like to carry my slr camera in my backpack and I think this will work wonderfully. Thanks to all for sharing tips!:goodvibes

Okay, after trying so many new bags on so many trips, I am finally sold on the Piazza Day Bag from eBags. It was exactly what I needed. It held everything for the day and was very comfortable on my shoulder. My hubby didn't mind holding it as well if I was on a ride or in the ladies room, etc. The only minor (and I mean minor) was the fact that the water bottle holder fit the bottles at Disney, but you did have to squeeze them in. They didn't go in easy, but forcefully they would stay in. I would carry: Video Camera, sunglasses for the 3 of us, wipes, hand sanitizer, pen, autograph book, gum, park maps, Advil, bandaids and sometimes my son's pin lanyard. I loved the cross shoulder part. It stayed well on my shoulder and didn't dig in even with all of the things I was holding. I have a picture of me with the bag.
IMG_2610.jpg

Okay, after trying so many new bags on so many trips, I am finally sold on the Piazza Day Bag from eBags. It was exactly what I needed. It held everything for the day and was very comfortable on my shoulder. My hubby didn't mind holding it as well if I was on a ride or in the ladies room, etc. The only minor (and I mean minor) was the fact that the water bottle holder fit the bottles at Disney, but you did have to squeeze them in. They didn't go in easy, but forcefully they would stay in. I would carry: Video Camera, sunglasses for the 3 of us, wipes, hand sanitizer, pen, autograph book, gum, park maps, Advil, bandaids and sometimes my son's pin lanyard. I loved the cross shoulder part. It stayed well on my shoulder and didn't dig in even with all of the things I was holding.
I totally agree! I've got 6 or 7 bags I've gone through, trying to replace my Eagle Creek bag that finally gave up the ghost. I, also, have decided on the Piazza bag from eBags as my go forward Travel bag.

The Heys Travelmate was too deep, and while it held a lot, the access to the stuff in it wasn't good; I'd practically have to empty it out to get at what was in it.

I got a Travelon that was very close in design to the Travelmate, and it was just too heavy, and just didn't hold that much.

I got a Travelon PacSafe bag that I *really* liked, but the ends of the security cable started to poke out of the strap (REALLY sharp!) and couldn't be repaired, so Travelon sent me the "improved" model which is way to stiff & awkward-shaped. I'll probably hold onto it for when/if I go to Europe, because it *is* a wonderfully secure bag.

I bought a Baggellini Town bag, but it was another one that the contents got lost in, it was way too wide, and was uncomfortable to carry, especially cross-shoulder.

The Piazza so far is the winner by leaps & bounds. Roomy, comfortable, well organized, easy to access. A secure pocket on the inside that my camera actually fits completely inside, protecting it from the other contents of the bag. The only complaints I have is, that like you, I found the bottle holder a little small (only held smallish bottles crammed in), putting sunglasses in the front pocket (lined in soft material!) made it bulge oddly, and I found the buckle on the shoulder strap a bit uncomfortable. Did yours come with a shoulder pad, or is that a luggage handle pad I see on yours? The color matches so well, it's hard to say. But that would be an excellent idea!

Sayhello

So glad to see that I am not alone . . . thank you ladies!

For me, every WDW trip requires the start of a new "The Hunt for the Perfect Bag for Disney" - DH just kinda looks at me and says, "I thought you liked the bag you took last time?" Poor guy, there's just no way to explain it . . .

Hopefully we will be able to get to WDW this September/October, so my new search has officially begun! popcorn::

This was a free with purchase offer. I tossed it into my suitcase as almost an afterthought. It was THE BEST bag for the park. Everything I needed fit into it. I carried cross-body and under my poncho.

Baggelliniwalletcrop.jpg

It's a Baggallini Mini Bag, and I got it online from Norm Thompson.

I just got my WDW bag last week!

I looked at loads of different ones but I think this is the best!! It was only £10 but I love it! And it's very funky looking!

Here it is from the front. As you can see it has lots of little pockets, one perfectly camera sized and on top of that pocket is even a zippy up pocket that is exactly KTTW size!!

Bag1.jpg

It has loads of room in the two main pockets!

Bag2.jpg

One of the wierd things is you can take the main strap off and then unzip two bits at the back and straps come out so you can wear it round your waist. Normally I'm like "no way jose" with bum bags/fanny packs but because it's pretty funky looking and that's where the bag naturally sits on your body it might provide my shoulders with a bit of relief!

Bag3.jpg

And the best bit??? It's the perfect size for my planning book!!!!

Bag4.jpg

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered mine but used a code for $10 off from retailmenot and then It was my first order so I got another 10% off. My bag cost only $24.70. Not to bad at all:cheer2:

Thanks to you both! Ordered mine last night from ebags.com and retailmenot had a free SHIPPING CODE- I got it for $24.29. I love these boards, and had no idea about retailmenot. I found several online coupons from some of my favorite sites.:woohoo:

ONLY 20 DAYS LEFT!!!

I totally agree! I've got 6 or 7 bags I've gone through, trying to replace my Eagle Creek bag that finally gave up the ghost. I, also, have decided on the Piazza bag from eBags as my go forward Travel bag.

The Heys Travelmate was too deep, and while it held a lot, the access to the stuff in it wasn't good; I'd practically have to empty it out to get at what was in it.

I got a Travelon that was very close in design to the Travelmate, and it was just too heavy, and just didn't hold that much.

I got a Travelon PacSafe bag that I *really* liked, but the ends of the security cable started to poke out of the strap (REALLY sharp!) and couldn't be repaired, so Travelon sent me the "improved" model which is way to stiff & awkward-shaped. I'll probably hold onto it for when/if I go to Europe, because it *is* a wonderfully secure bag.

I bought a Baggellini Town bag, but it was another one that the contents got lost in, it was way too wide, and was uncomfortable to carry, especially cross-shoulder.

The Piazza so far is the winner by leaps & bounds. Roomy, comfortable, well organized, easy to access. A secure pocket on the inside that my camera actually fits completely inside, protecting it from the other contents of the bag. The only complaints I have is, that like you, I found the bottle holder a little small (only held smallish bottles crammed in), putting sunglasses in the front pocket (lined in soft material!) made it bulge oddly, and I found the buckle on the shoulder strap a bit uncomfortable. Did yours come with a shoulder pad, or is that a luggage handle pad I see on yours? The color matches so well, it's hard to say. But that would be an excellent idea!

Sayhello

Mine did not come with the shoulder pad. That actually came from the Kayla Town Square Bag by eBags as well. The colors are the same. I bought them together to have a "set". That one I use as a carry-on for the plane because it holds all of my DH and DS books, etc so we only have to bring one bag on the plane. And I actually only used that shoulder strap the one day and I thought it uncomfortable. So every day after that, I did not use it and it was fine. I really do love this bag and I can't wait to use it again at Disney. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter