Post Photos of Hotels Here...DLH, HoJo, BWPPI, DI&S, CCI...etc.

It was a very large room in building 2. Some say the decor in the rooms is outdated, but I don't think it is so bad. The most important thing is that the room is clean, and I have never stayed in a dirty room at Hojo Anaheim! The bathroom was quite large; in building one, sometimes the bathrooms are smaller.

010.jpg

View of the Hojo sign from the parking lot-parking is free

023.jpg

Pretty grounds make the entire experience even better!

024.jpg

026.jpg

One thing that is nice about an older property is the rooms are bigger. I like Hojo's because of the indoor hallways. The grounds do look nice.

Here are some of the pool, which you can view from many of the rooms in building 2.

130.jpg

View straight down from our balcony-pool umbrellas

130.jpg

Pool

128.jpg

View down Harbor from Hojo's-many food places within walking distance

121.jpg

View from our balcony in 2011

halloweendisneylandwalysonsmom430.jpg

halloweendisneylandwalysonsmom431.jpg

This funny building is the top of the lobby.

halloweendisneylandwalysonsmom429.jpg

They have a nice big tree and quite a few sweet decorations around the property. Unfortunately we didn't take many pics of the landscape.

Christmas2011DL010.jpg

Here is our room in 2011, building 2 again. They did away with the old comforters and moved to a newer style of comforter/duvet so you know you get a fresh blanket every time.

Christmas2011DL005.jpg

Here is a pic in building one at Halloween time-enjoying the fantasmic picnic from our room

halloweendisneylandwalysonsmom455.jpg

Best Western Park Place Inn: January 2012
Room 163: King Room

Couch and bed from the door.
ry%3D480

Bed from the vanity
ry%3D480

TV, desk, fridge, & microwave
ry%3D480

Vanity outside the bathroom
ry%3D480

Disneyland Hotel: January 2012
Adventure Tower: Room 2636
Corner King room

I was one of the 40 winners of the Disney Parks Blog one night stay at the DLH. Upon check in we were given an upgrade to a corner view room in the Adventure Tower! I have to say the renovation of the hotel is beautiful!

King Bed
ry%3D480

Lights above the bed
ry%3D480

Desk, TV, & daybed
ry%3D480

Comfy chair by the window!
ry%3D480

Double vanity
ry%3D480

Shower
(Notice any hidden Mickeys on the tile?)
ry%3D480

View
ry%3D480

We just returned from staying at Super 8 on Katella, so I wanted to put my thoughts into words to help others looking for more information.

Initial impression of the outside: doesn't look like much, but it's clean! Definitely looks "dated".

The room:
Beds: Two seriously comfortable Queen beds. They don't have a comforter/quilt/duvet. The bedding is a fitted sheet, a flat sheet, a blanket, and another flat sheet, with 2 extra blankets in the chest of drawers. There is a decorative fabric at the foot of the bed. The sheets looked clean (ie, white, no stains), and were very soft. Oh, and 4 HUGE, fluffy/fat pillows per bed. LOVED that! I can never have enough pillows!

Furniture:
Table with 2 chairs. Great for piling high with crap you'll have to repack later :) A nightstand. The alarm clock didn't work, which made for a bit of a rush on check-out/catch-a-plane day! :scared1: The chest of drawers/wardrobe was clean, and the drawers slid well. The TV was on the dresser side. Overall, nicely furnished. It all matched well.

Bathroom/vanity:
Basic, long vanity area with a mirror in good repair. The sink didn't drain as fast I expected, but not slow enough to complain, if that makes sense. The bathroom was tiny--smaller than most hotel bathrooms I've been in! The tub/shower was okay. It had a multiple option shower spray head, with good pressure. The chrome on the tub drain was chipping, and the drain plug (one of those "push down to engage it, push down again and it pops up") wasn't functional. It drained well. The only issue here was the temperature of the water. Showering before heading to DLR resulted in a tepid shower, usually. It was better in the evening. I assume this means they just don't have enough hot water heaters or such?... But, it's not bad enough to make me stay elsewhere.

Service:
Quick check-in. A little more friendly than I cared for, but I had been traveling with a ADHD 8yo for the past 5 hours... all I wanted was a key and a bed at that point, not questions on our plans, if we had bought tickets to local attractions, etc.! .... Maid service was good. I left the "do not disturb" sign on the door several days (3 out of 7 maybe?) and received a note taped to the door that apologized for not cleaning the room, explaining that they didn't want to interrupt since the "Do Not Disturb" sign was out, along with the hours and services available from the front desk (new towels, etc). Nice that they took the time to acknowledge that they didn't clean my room, if that makes sense. Check-out seemed slow when it started (just basic friendliness, but we were running really late!), but the moment I said "we're running late" they sped things up, stopped chatting, and had us checked out in less than 90 seconds. Not great about directions ("catch the bus on the corner of Harbor and Katella", but couldn't tell me *which* corner--the corner we were closest to? or across one of the streets?).

Overall, not bad! I was initially worried about the walk to Disneyland, but it was very doable. It took us 15 minutes or so each way, not counting the morning stop at 7-11! There are a million restaurants nearby. We did IHOP (sooo spendy, until they pointed out the "kids eat free" during certain hours) and McDonald's when we weren't in the park... oh, and 7-11 for random snacks.

Other notes:
Soundproofing here sucks. I could hear every conversation outside, and when my neighbors were to drunk to figure out how the key-card works for the door, well, I could have recorded the conversation very clearly. We ran the fan 24/7 because of this. Not many emergency sirens heard/noticed with the fan on. The TV is a flat-screen, and had multiple lines running through the middle. Not sure if this is a sign of a cheap TV, or an annoying "anti-theft" idea :)

Overall thoughts:
We'll stay here again next time, more than likely. Water temp was definitely annoying, but for under $45/night, it was an easy way to make DLR more affordable for us!

I didn't take pictures (oops) because (1) I forgot, and (2) usually the room was such a mess that I would have been embarrassed anyway!

Last month my DH and I stayed at the Ayres Hotel on Katella. We absolutely loved it. The staff is amazing. They serve a full breakfast and it was rather good.

081.jpg

080.jpg

079.jpg

078.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

075.jpg

074.jpg

Our stay couldn't have been nicer. They have beer, juice, wine and sodas Monday thru Thursday at 6:30. We normally wouldn't have been back to the hotel this early but it rained so hard on one of our days and I was pretty miserably wet. It is a little further away but I like that at the end of a busy day at the parks. The ART is so convenient it stops in the parking lot right in front of the door. It is the second stop after the Amtrak station going to the park. The bus was empty with the exception of one morning and there was only 2 people on the bus. For the trip back there is one stop before you get back from the park. All in all it was a great experience.

041-1.jpg

We were met with a nice surprise. It was a gift for our 20th anniversary.

2012-02-14085004.jpg

This was what I had for breakfast the first day. But they had a lot more food choices. Including pancakes and I noticed that the chef made a Mickey pancake for a child one morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter