• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post Photos of Hotels Here...DLH, HoJo, BWPPI, DI&S, CCI...etc.

Based on the descriptions on this thread, I just booked the Fairfield Inn for our December trip! Wowza! It's really starting to feel real!

LoveThatMouse, thank you for starting such a needed and informative thread! And by the way, it finally does have a sticky! :woohoo: It's on this page, post #2 under "DISER REVIEWS AND PICTURES OF DISNEYLAND RESORT AND GOOD NEIGHBOR HOTELS" It's in the very top sticky that Mary Jo started to compile everything in one place. :cool1: ETA: it's in the FAQ sticky w/ Hydroguy's tips...

Ooooooo! Ooooooooo!
That's such GOOD NEWS! Thanks Mary Jo for sticky-ing it!
and again, THANK YOU to everyone who contributed such amazing photos and information!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

We just got back from 5 days at the Disneyland Hotel. We were in the Wonder Tower and got upgraded to a 10th floor water view! I think it was because when we checked in at 3 pm, we had to wait and wait and wait (for an hour and a half) for our room to be ready and no real instructions about what to do other than to keep calling back to see if our room was ready. (They wouldn't tell us the room number either) Finally a CM took pity on our plight and moved heaven and earth to get us IN a room!

Anyway, I didn't get any INSIDE pictures, but I got some of the grounds, which were lovely as always!

Our view from our "balcony."

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1904.jpg

The waterfall outside our room:

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1907.jpg

And along my favorite pathway (the area behind the Dreams Tower on the DTD side)

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

nice pictures! Did you see any construction going on for the renovation they are doing? I'm hoping at least one building will be done for a trip in December/January coming up.

nice pictures! Did you see any construction going on for the renovation they are doing? I'm hoping at least one building will be done for a trip in December/January coming up.

The only construction we saw going on was on the roof of the conference center building. Other than that, we saw nothing other than what was going on over at the Grand Californian. They NEED to renovate, though... The rooms/hallways are really getting tired and run-down, particularly in the Wonder Tower. In fact, the carpet in our hallway looked absolutely HORRIBLE when we arrived. They cleaned it midweek, and that helped some. :thumbsup2

There was a nice granite countertop in the bathroom, but other than that, the room looked just like it did when I stayed there in 2001.

We just got home yesterday and we stayed in the kids suite at HOJO, we were in room 1702, top floor of building one. It was facing the freeway but with the air on all night long we didn't really even hear it. We were right next to the elevator but also never heard that. It was SUPER nice and we could not have been happier with our stay!

There is one thing I think they should change though. You can access the balcony from the kids room and the adult room but there is no lock on the door. The kids can just go out there anytime they please and since you are staying in the other room you may not hear it. They probably need to install a lock near the top of the door.

Also, they are currently in the process of replacing all the toilets to energy savers I believe.

I have attached some pictures of our room, please excuse DH's shorts on the floor:sad2:

DSC_01292.jpg

DSC_01302.jpg

DSC_01312.jpg

DSC_01322.jpg

DSC_01332.jpg

DSC_01342.jpg

All of these pictures are great, they were really helpful for planning our stay. We're going to be at the PPH in October, I'll have to remember to take pics of the hotel and post them here.

We just got home yesterday and we stayed in the kids suite at HOJO, we were in room 1702, top floor of building one. It was facing the freeway but with the air on all night long we didn't really even hear it. We were right next to the elevator but also never heard that. It was SUPER nice and we could not have been happier with our stay!

There is one thing I think they should change though. You can access the balcony from the kids room and the adult room but there is no lock on the door. The kids can just go out there anytime they please and since you are staying in the other room you may not hear it. They probably need to install a lock near the top of the door.

Also, they are currently in the process of replacing all the toilets to energy savers I believe.

I have attached some pictures of our room, please excuse DH's shorts on the floor:sad2:

Did you have hangars in your side of the room where the adult's bed was? it doesn't look like you did... Also, is that a 1 cup coffemaker or is that a 4 cup? It looks like a single serving size coffemaker.
Thanks!

DI used to be our preferred hotel when we visit Dl, but I prefer HOJO as long as I can get the ent rate these days. If it's regular price, we'll do DI just to save some time on the walk. I have some of Anaheim Plaza too but they are apprently on a CD at home somewhere as they are not loaded into photobucket or saved on this laptop.

These were taken in May of 07. We had a standard 2 queen room back by the "atrium" area.

DesertInn.jpg

DesertInn4.jpg

DesertInn2.jpg

DesertInnbathroom.jpg

Hey Everybody!

Putting locks on the doors that lead out to the balcony in the Kids Room is a really good idea! It was such a good idea that I forwarded a link to this post to our General Manager, and he let me know that they are already in the process of getting that done. :thumbsup2

I just wanted to pass on the good news, and to thank you all again for being so willing to let us know what we can do better! :goodvibes

Happy Monday!
Lorealle

Just back from a family (my parents, sister & I) trip to Disneyland! We've liked to stay at Stovall's since I was little, when it still looked like this! :

innoftomorrow.jpg

stovalls1.jpg

Our room at Stovall's...the beds/pillows were so comfortable!

stovalls2.jpg

Sink/vanity/fridge area of the room.

stovalls3.jpg

Topiary Loch Ness Monster! Reminds me of the topiary dragon by it's a small world.

stovalls4.jpg

More topiary animals...these are all over the place, and really add to the charm of the hotel!

stovalls5.jpg

Jacuzzi and pool house. The pool house was originally a silver geodesic dome, but it's still pretty cool looking. There are 2 jacuzzis, a kiddie pool, a heated pool, and a cold pool (which is really nice on a hot day!). Fun fact: the cold pool (original pool) is shaped like an Apollo space capsule.

stovalls6.jpg

This is left over from the "Inn of Tomorrow" theme that Stovall's originally had. It's by the pool.

You're very welcome!

The rooms have been recently updated, and are very nice, especially for a moderate-rate hotel. The beds are soooooooooooo comfortable, and there's a refrigerator *and* microwave in every room!

Stovals BW looks so retro & cool.....makes me want to pull out my 8 track tapes. :hippie:

Thanks for posting this SpaceMermaid.

Where is Stovals BW located.....is it walking distance?

It's retro (but comfortable)...the best of both worlds!

Stovall's is located on the corner of Katella and Disneyland Drive, so you can walk down Disneyland Drive & cut through the Grand Californian lobby to the Park!

They're running a great special where if you stay 3 or more nights and one of the nights is your birthday, you get the room free for one day.

It's retro (but comfortable)...the best of both worlds!

Stovall's is located on the corner of Katella and Disneyland Drive, so you can walk down Disneyland Drive & cut through the Grand Californian lobby to the Park!

They're running a great special where if you stay 3 or more nights and one of the nights is your birthday, you get the room free for one day.

Thanks spacemermaid!

Since you've done the walk, I'm guessing that one could walk & get to the GCH from the BW Stovall (& i guess the Annabella) in about 3-5 minutes? Would that be about right?

Thanks spacemermaid!

Since you've done the walk, I'm guessing that one could walk & get to the GCH from the BW Stovall (& i guess the Annabella) in about 3-5 minutes? Would that be about right?

Yep, it's about a 3 to 5 minute walk from Stovall's to the Grand Californian! Though it'll seem much longer when you're walking back tired from being in the Park all day. :laughing: Seriously, though, the walk isn't bad at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter