Post Here - Your Experience Upgrading 4/3 Tickets

All this talk made me a little nervouse.

So I canceled my 4/3 pkg today and made a reservation w/the room only Special Offer they have now & ordered tickets through UCT w/MS discount.

Hopefully I won't encounter any problems upgrading those.
Keepping my fingers crosssed till Memorial Day.

Nobody has posted any problems doing the an AP upgrade except ONE PERSON that I know of.

I keep waiting to hear from the throngs of guests being disappointed by the refusal of their plans for an upgrade, but none have come forward.

weeeell truthfully,

Our DVC waitlist came through making us short only 2 days.
So the special offer was a better deal for us.

But I was getting nervous, but I'm a worrier anyway.
Like now I'm gonna fret until the tickets get here.

but I'm a worrier anyway.
Like now I'm gonna fret until the tickets get here.

There, there, now...

Relax.

Listen to the soothing sounds of the ticking of the clock.

Think of your happy place.

Nice deep breaths...

Easy deeeep breaths...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Okay, I am really confused by this entire post. :confused3 Sorry!

My question is... I have the 4/3 deal booked for June and I want to upgrade the tickets to include the Water Parks Fun & More option. Am I going to be able to do this or not? My whole itinerary will be messed up if not. I'm one of those Type A worrying freaks. :(

My question is... I have the 4/3 deal booked for June and I want to upgrade the tickets to include the Water Parks Fun & More option. Am I going to be able to do this or not?

Yes.
Without question, you can do that.

This thread is ONLY about the method of upgrading a 4/3 ticket to an
AP, and how much "value" you will get in exchange for the "3 Free days."

There is no affect on Hopper or Water Park upgrades, in any way.
Still can be done. Still $50 per ticket.

There, there, now...

Relax.

Listen to the soothing sounds of the ticking of the clock.

Think of your happy place.

Nice deep breaths...

Easy deeeep breaths...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LOL, Robo! So . . . from this thread, I have gleaned that if I want to upgrade one of my 4/3 tickets (there's 3 of us on the package) when I get to WDW in June ( :banana: ), I can do so and pay the difference from a 4-day PH (added that at reservation time) to an AP. Correct?

Sorry -- I have to have pictures drawn for me. ;)

Edited to add -- and can I purchase a TIW card at the same time to use in June?

LOL, Robo! So . . . from this thread, I have gleaned that if I want to upgrade one of my 4/3 tickets (there's 3 of us on the package) when I get to WDW in June ( :banana: ), I can do so and pay the difference from a 4-day PH (added that at reservation time) to an AP. Correct?

Nope.

You can get MORE VALUE than that.
You will get the value of the SEVEN Day PH.
(Disney will "pay for" the last 3 days.)

If you want the BEST VALUE...
Upgrade NOW (before your trip) to a
9 or 10 day NON-Expiring MYW ticket and that way
Disney will "pay for" the last 3 days on the tickets,
and the last 3 days of a NON-expiring ticket are worth more
than an expiring ticket (by far.)

Again (are you ready?)
You must then USE the ticket at least once BEFORE
you upgrade to the AP.

Actually, the idea is that you pay the difference between a 7-day PH (because you got three free days) and an AP. Of course, the difference is only $9. :)

The OPs question has more to do with those who used the No-Expire option, where the cost savings of those three free days is far more significant (around $100).

Actually, the idea is that you pay the difference between a 7-day PH (because you got three free days) and an AP. Of course, the difference is only $9. :)

Type faster!
;)

Nope.

You can get MORE VALUE than that.
You will get the value of the SEVEN Day PH.
(Disney will "pay for" the last 3 days.)

If you want the BEST VALUE...
Upgrade NOW (before your trip) to a
9 or 10 day NON-Expiring MYW ticket and that way
Disney will "pay for" the last 3 days on the tickets,
and the last 3 days of a NON-expiring ticket are worth more
than an expiring ticket (by far.)

Again (are you ready?)
You must then USE the ticket at least once BEFORE
you upgrade to the AP.

Ok this was totally confusing me until i got to this post and NOW I GET IT!!! FINALLY! Thank you Robo! Right before I found this thread, I had just got off the phone with a CM upgrading my 1-day MYW tickets to 10-day NE PH. It was an extra $666 :eek: to upgrade 2 adult tickets with the 4/3 plan. So now I will go to Disney World, use the tickets once and upgrade them to AP's! WHEW! I hope I'm doing this right! I prefer to use guest services in DTD instead of the parks. I don't like dealing with guest services and it cutting into my commando style park day.

Ok here's yet another question I hope someone hasn't asked. :sad2: If I go to the parks and upgrade my "used 1 time" 10 day NE PH ticket to an AP, is it only good from that date forward 365 days or is it good from the day I use it as an AP 365 days forward. In other words if I upgrade it to an AP and choose not to use it until October, would the expiration process start from October or from the date I upgraded it?

Anyone have a link to what the benefits of being an AP holder are? This is my first time.

Oh and thank you all for the help. I love people that help me get the most for my dollar!:lovestruc

Ok here's yet another question I hope someone hasn't asked. :sad2: If I go to the parks and upgrade my "used 1 time" 10 day NE PH ticket to an AP, is it only good from that date forward 365 days or is it good from the day I use it as an AP 365 days forward. In other words if I upgrade it to an AP and choose not to use it until October, would the expiration process start from October or from the date I upgraded it?

Anyone have a link to what the benefits of being an AP holder are? This is my first time.

See if I can type this fast :)

It is good 1 year from the date of first use of the original ticket.

Here is a general page for AP discounts. The most accurate one is the WDW Passholder page, but you can't access that until you have an AP (or at least a voucher):

http://www.wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-ap.htm#Current

Gah, I think I cursed myself...I just got scheduled for a meeting in the head honcho's office for 4pm :(

Gah, I think I cursed myself...I just got scheduled for a meeting in the head honcho's office for 4pm :(

Now that is just WRONG! (Hope you have a great trip anyway!)

Thanks Robo and everybody for the info.

To recap (I told you I needed pictures) --

I should upgrade one of my three, 7-day package PH tickets NOW to a 10-day PH No Expire. Then use it to enter a park my first day. Then, upgrade to AP and purchase the TIW card.

(OCD much on my part?) I need the relaxation post again I think.

I have a feeling I would just mess this all up if I tried....

we currently have 8 day, non park hopper regular tickets. If I just upgrade to AP...how much does it save me $$$ to take the convoluted route of first getting non expiring 10 day tickets and then going to the AP upgrade after that??

And can I only upgrade some of the tickets? DH won't need the upgrade...doubt it would get used to be worth it. But me and the two kids will!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter