Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Wow! It's been a while since I've been on here... Such wonderful ideas from everyone! Is the most updated list still #1991? I'll be posting new ideas on here again soon, but if you want to see some that I've already done you can always check them out on my blog. Here's the link to my Disney themed lunches
I love your ideas, I have pinned many of you last posts. I can't wait to see your new ideas. Thanks for sharing.

We just had a Lilo and Stitch/Ohana's night last week. I'm not sure if these were already posted, but this is what we had!

We had Hawaiian chicken for dinner. I buy a lawry's marinade but I also add maraschino cherries and pineapple slices on top of the chicken. I also pour in some of the juice from both into the marinade. I think had cut up pineapple, a can of tropical fruit, more maraschino cherries, mandarin oranges, blueberries, and grapes for a fruit salad (I put these on top of spinach leaves with feta cheese to have a real salad but my daughter doesn't really like lettuce or leaves.....). We also had rice that I poured a little pineapple juice into for flavoring. For dessert I attempted to make dole whips (from the recipes on the internet). My daughter loved hers... me not so much..... We had planned on watching lilo and Stitch but actually didn't have time due to school projects. We did listen to Hawaiian music while eating (my daughter typed Hawaiian music into Pandora) and she did a hula dance for a bit afterwards for the "entertainment". We aren't able to put as much thought into our theme nights as some of those that I've read, I wish we could, but Haylie really loved having it, and we're trying to do one every Tuesday until we go to Disney.

For Tomorrow I'm trying to come up with a theme we can have chicken and dumplings with. We're supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow and I live in Mobile, Al where it NEVER snows. We're going to want warm comfort food tomorrow!

I haven't posted pictures in a while, but we have had two movie night since last time I updated. Star Wars Movie Weekend was in December.

Invitation:

We raided DS's toybox for decorations:

I got the food ideas and recipes from here:

http://blogs.disney.com/insider/articles/2013/07/30/celebrate-disney-fandom-with-star-wars-snacks/

Our Tie Fighter Ties, did NOT look kid friendly!! :rotfl2: But they tasted fine! :thumbsup2

Death Star Popcorn Balls:

Wookie Cookies:

Tatooine Blue Milk:

The activity was a BIG one! That is why we made this a movie WEEKEND!

And a very tired DH with the finished product:

Our January movie night was Hercules. We have some IRL friends who are also Disers...who are also going on a Disney cruise with us in October. They will be joining us for many movie nights this year.

The invitation:

Food and Decorations:

Activity:

DD14 made the Bakalava...and it was SO. GOOD!!!

Finished Torches:

DS was pouting about something and did not want to get his picture made...so DH "helped" him! :lmao:

I can't believe I haven't been on here in ages. Slipping on movie nights too. Life is busy! So far we've done Toy Story, Mulan, 101 Dalmatians and Harry Potter. Here's our last movie night Ratatouille. We had brie, french bread and red grapes. Grape juice in wine glasses. Paper chef hats I found on Amazon. I found Chicken cordon bleu at my grocery store and made green bean almondine. For dessert chocolate croissants. Yum!

1453343_10201571408500962_1357487591_n.jpg

1457648_10201571408820970_1989894031_n.jpg

1463940_10201571410221005_766099677_n.jpg

1003902_10201571410541013_264058001_n.jpg

Next movie night 2/8 :
Aladdin-Movie-Poster.jpg

I haven't done these in soooo long time to get motivated!i think I will print out pictures of some of the movies we have and let the girls pick one a week until our trip in December! Thanks for the inspiration.

We hosted out first Disney movie night last night! We have an only, our daughter who is 3, so we invited friends who have an only, a five year old girl. We picked Lilo and Stitch because having a "winter luau" seemed like a nice break from the miserable weather we've been having.

I found copycat recipes for 'Ohana's sticky wings and salad dressing and I made both of those, and kept the wings warm in a crockpot. They were both very good. I made some frozen lo mein -- which was not very good, so if anybody knows of a good brand I'd like to hear it! I made Velveeta shells and cheese for the kids. I also had Hawaiian rolls that I bought and an orange honey butter. We ordered a Hawaiian specialty pizza and I also made banana bread pudding which I made in the crockpot. I made some warm caramel sauce for it and served it with vanilla bean ice cream and a box of coconut macaroons.

The girls played for an hour before dinner and were excited to eat in the dining room. I had printed out Lilo and Stitch coloring pages for them but totally forgot to get them out! We watched the movie after dinner but we talked quite a bit through it. Maybe next time we will pay more attention to the movie. lol

My friend said she'd host a Frozen movie night when it comes out next month. Hope we can do that, it would be very fun!

Last week we had our Lady and the Tramp movie night. Our IRL friends who are going on the cruise with us joined us for movie night again.

Invitation:

Decor:

The food photos are a bit dark since we dined by candlelight. I forgot to get a picture of the Italian Wedding Soup. :sad2:

Caesar Salad:

Spaghetti and Meatballs:

Italian Cream Cake:

Activity was homemade plaster and "paw" prints:

Platypus Day is this Saturday & for the first time ever since the very first Platypus Day, we won't be able to celebrate at Disneyland. So instead we would like to have a celebration at home... I looked back through the ideas on here using the index, but was wondering if anyone had any other great Phineas & Ferb ideas to add.

So far, this is what we're planning on eating:
Corn dogs from Mr. Slushy Dog
Phineas & Ferb mac & cheese (if I can find it)
The biggest ice cream sundae in the world (well, as big as we care to eat)

We'll probably build something, but I don't know what yet...

I could create s'winter somehow, only we would do it backwards because we are wanting summer in winter instead of the other way around. My brain is still working on that one...

Also, we may play pin the hat on Perry. You know, to make him become Agent P instead of Perry...

Seriously though, we love Phineas & ferb and there are so many different angles I could take on this movie day because there are so many different episodes that I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to just a few things!

So... Whatcha thiiiiinkin'? (in my best Isabella impression)

Platypus Day is this Saturday & for the first time ever since the very first Platypus Day, we won't be able to celebrate at Disneyland. So instead we would like to have a celebration at home... I looked back through the ideas on here using the index, but was wondering if anyone had any other great Phineas & Ferb ideas to add.

So far, this is what we're planning on eating:
Corn dogs from Mr. Slushy Dog
Phineas & Ferb mac & cheese (if I can find it)
The biggest ice cream sundae in the world (well, as big as we care to eat)

We'll probably build something, but I don't know what yet...

I could create s'winter somehow, only we would do it backwards because we are wanting summer in winter instead of the other way around. My brain is still working on that one...

Also, we may play pin the hat on Perry. You know, to make him become Agent P instead of Perry...

Seriously though, we love Phineas & ferb and there are so many different angles I could take on this movie day because there are so many different episodes that I'm having a hard time narrowing it down to just a few things!

So... Whatcha thiiiiinkin'? (in my best Isabella impression)

You gotta do something Ducky Mo Mo !!!!

Any ideas for a Frozen night as the movie is going to be released soon? Thanks!

Any ideas for a Frozen night as the movie is going to be released soon? Thanks!

We just had a Frozen birthday party. This is what we did.

For food, we had Swedish meatballs and called them rock trolls, Olaf's noses (carrots), reindeer food (Chex mix), Finish-eachother's-sandwiches, glacier punch (blue Hawaiian punch, 7-up and vanilla ice cream) and melted snowmen (water). After the party we learned that the giant ice monster's name was Marshmallow, so we could have used those too.

For crafts, we made snow globes which were mason jars filled with water and glitter and attached figurines to the lid with tacky squares. We also made foam crowns for the girls and reindeer antlers for the boys.

For food, we had Swedish meatballs and called them rock trolls, Olaf's noses (carrots), reindeer food (Chex mix), Finish-eachother's-sandwiches, glacier punch (blue Hawaiian punch, 7-up and vanilla ice cream) and melted snowmen (water). After the party we learned that the giant ice monster's name was Marshmallow, so we could have used those too.

For crafts, we made snow globes which were mason jars filled with water and glitter and attached figurines to the lid with tacky squares. We also made foam crowns for the girls and reindeer antlers for the boys.

Awesome, thank you!

Did you find Frozen character figurines? My daughter's birthday is in April and she wants a Frozen theme, I love that craft idea since my daughter loves snow globes!

I'm so glad I found this thread!!! It's giving me many more ideas for my next set of Disney Dinner and a Movie nights for my kiddos!!! Here are a few that we did before our last DL trip... the kids LOVED it!!!

Cars 2 -
On the Menu:
- Lightning McQueen Race-car Sub-sandwiches.
- Mack-aroni Salad.
- Filmore's Traffic Lights (Rice Krispy Treats with Black Icing and M&M's.)
- Luigi's Leaning Tower of Tires (Chocolate Covered Doughnuts.)
- Car Oil Punch (Grape Juice.)

Next, on our DD&M list was LADY & THE TRAMP!!!
On the Menu:
- Bella Notte Spaghetti & Meatballs.
- Trusty's Caesar Salad.
- Aunt Sarah's Famous Garlic Bread.
- Tony's Italian Sodas.
- Spaghetti & Meatball Cupcakes.

Week three on the list, MULAN!!!
On the Menu:
- Mulan's Orange Chicken.
- Captain Shang's Chow Mein.
- Chien-Po's Fried Rice.
- Shan Yu's Pot Stickers.
- Mushu Rice Krispy Treats (Rice Krispy Treats wrapped in Fruit by the Foot.)
- The Emperor's Iced Green Tea.

Week four on the list, TOY STORY 3!!!
On the Menu:
- Pizza Planet Pizza.
- Ken & Barbie Mac & Cheese.
- Sarge's Caesar Salad.
- Lotso Strawberries (Get it... cause he smells like Strawberries... LOL... I thought it was clever!!!)
- Bullseye Bread.
- Mr. Pricklepants Cupcakes.
- Green Alien Milkshakes.

Week five on our DD&M list, LILO & STITCH
On the Menu:

~ Lilo's Hawaiian Pineapple Salmon.
~ Jumba's Steamed Rice.
~ Stitch's Lemon Pepper Veggies.
~ Pleakley's Frozen Mocktails.
~ Nani's Fruit Kabobs.
~ Gantu's Chocolate Lava Cakes.

Hope you enjoyed the pics!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter