Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

This past weekend my family had our Disney Family Fun Day and this time it was Pirates of the Caribbean. I hadn't seen this movie since my son was about 6 or 7 so it has been about 10 years (wow!!). Most of my family hadn't seen it either so we were all in for a treat. :thumbsup2

This time around we decided to dress like pirates pirate: -- we looked a little crazy walking to my mom's, but it was fun!

We had "Fish and Chips" for our movie snack

For our meal we enjoyed a pirates bounty of Pirates Teeth, Pirate Ship Pizza, Pirates Brew, Caribbean Coleslaw, Fruit Swords...

... and Pirate Ship Cake -- complete with gummy bear pirates, Rolo cannons, Whopper cannonballs, Rootbeer Barrel kegs, someone walking the plank, and our peg leg captain!

After our meal we had the boys do a treasure hunt with 10 clues that were used to create a map and the last clue. They had a lot of fun finding the treasure chest full of candy!

We always have so much fun doing these Disney Days! I am so glad that I found this board and have gleaned so much inspiration from everyone's movie nights! :cheer2:

We are going to do something on Sunday to celebrate Cingo de Mayo. I was thinking Three Caballeros but I don't have movie so I hope the library does. I have never seen it before. If we can't find that we can always do Beverly Hills Chiuahau as we have all of those movies (my dd loves dog movies). Is there any other Disney movie that would fit this theme?

Up next we did Lady & the Tramp.

Someone grabbed a cupcake before I got my picture:furious::rotfl2:and as usual DS was hiding behind the bottle, another sneak shot I was trying:lmao:.

Next up is Pocahantas...

I had soaked some pinto beans over night and after putting my DD10 on the school bus I rinsed them and put them in the crockpot with some smoked turkey wings and a little seasoning. On tv I heard it was Earth Day so said What the heck, let's knock Pocahontas off the list. It was a weekday so I tried to keep it simple and have it all complete by 6 pm. Here's what it turned out to be...

We ate on my Disney Dinnerwear.

They made Indian hats & watched the movie. DS loved those Pilgrim hat cookie things. He actually stole one while I was setting up:rotfl2:.

Now for our 100 Days Until WDW Celebration!!!!

As I mentioned, we are at our 100 day celebration date:cool1::cool1:.I'm all set up, I put the cake in the oven and we have a 2hr power outage:sad2:!!!! So once it came back on, I was working in overdrive. Here's how it turned out...
[URL=http://s248.photobucket.com/user/disneychick2/media/Disney%20Parties%202013/Dumbo/IMG_2576.jpg.html]
IMG_2568.jpg
[/URL] DD,DS & the best friend E decided they would do the funnel cake:stir:. It tasted like funnel cake but it looked like hay or something! Silly kids!

I hung this on the tv!!!

I love this thread! I have wanted to do this for a long time and now FINALLY I'm going to start!!!
We have 21 weeks until our next vacation and Friday nights used to be dinner and a movie night, now they will be Disney theme nights to help countdown to our vacation!!

I'm WAY TOO excited! Tonight is my first one and its DUMBO night!!
I'll post pics tomorrow! :)

You ladies are awesome!

Well our 1st theme night was a huge success!! I was exhausted by the end of it!! :) The girls loved it though!

We played games- keep the balloon up, ring toss, jump through the ring of fire, pin the feather on dumbo, some little activity books, phew!
IMG_1835_zps3249b33a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Iparty had a bunch of carnival themed stuff so I bought this thing and it was a huge hit!
IMG_1836_zps1ffd6402.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

For eats we had PB&J & cheesy crackers
popcorn, peanut m&m's and peanut butter blossoms! and then we enjoyed the movie!

It was a great night! Thanks to everyone who has posted ideas here!
IMG_1837_zps8876bda7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yes they will tire you out but they are so much fun.

Great Dumbo night Starbound! Love the photos of you in the cut-outs!

Dsnycrzy - your nights are all great as always! The photo of you guys on the tightrope was so cute! And those Radcliffe hats were perfect!

MiniMelissa - love the pirate cake!
:thumbsup2

This is one my favorites and its my husband favorite princess except for Merida-the fighting and the war might have something to do with that:)

The Menu:
Mushu's Spicy Soup (incredible recipe with so many veggies and my kids loved it!
Fried Rice
Sweet Rice (Rice Krispie Treats)
Wontons(which I've never had, nor do I know how to work with...I used crescent rolls with chocolate chips folded inside)
Tea

We made paper fans in lovely Asian prints with scrapbook paper and I gave the girls a lesson in holding and using fans. We also made the last set of Mickey Mouse heads to use for our countdown-only 36 days left!

After watching the movie we looked up every picture and blog post we could find about the China Pavilion at EPCOT.

Disney Movie Night:
Cars

Menu:
Bacon, lettuce, and MATER sandwiches
MACKaroni Salad
LIGHTNING and SALLY Veggie Slices
LUIGI’S Leaning Tower of Tires

Disney Movie Night:
Peter Pan

Menu:
Peter Pan Seared Shrimp
Steamed Pixie Dust (Rice)
Neverland Trees (Broccoli)
Butterscotch Captain Hooks (Pretzels dipped in butterscotch)

Disney Movie Night:
Incredibles

Menu:
Colby JACK JACK Hero Subs
DASH Fast Fries
VIOLET’S Forcefield Fruit Salad
FROZONE Yogurt

Hi ladies

I'm doing winnie the pooh this week and found some great ideas for crafts and activities but I'm having trouble with food

what would you suggest for the main food item
sides are easy for rabbits veggies
and curly fries I was thinking for Tiggers tail
but I'm stuck on a main food idea? oh for picky eaters too :)

Thanks!

Oh I'll take dessert ideas too :) I'm thinking of doing a honey cake but not sure if my girls will like it :confused3

Hi ladies

I'm doing winnie the pooh this week and found some great ideas for crafts and activities but I'm having trouble with food

what would you suggest for the main food item
sides are easy for rabbits veggies
and curly fries I was thinking for Tiggers tail
but I'm stuck on a main food idea? oh for picky eaters too :)

Thanks!

Oh I'll take dessert ideas too :) I'm thinking of doing a honey cake but not sure if my girls will like it :confused3

Peanut butter and honey sandwiches
Honey chicken
Chicken tenders with honey mustard dipping sauce

For dessert, maybe a pink cake or cupcakes with Piglet's stripes.

Another entree idea would be pigs in blankets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter