Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Up

We're doing our first family fun day tommorow! I'm so excited!

Menu:
Hot Dogs
French Fries
Chocolate Bars
Grape soda in glass bottles

Decorations:
Balloons of course!

Game:
Find the squirrel - We have a stuffed squirrel that we will take turns hiding. When you find the squirrel you have to yell, "SQUIRREL!" and then it's your turn to hide it.

Crafts:
Make badges from bottle caps and safety pins
Make adventure books - found template for cover on disney family site. Laminated at Office Depot. Will add blank pages and staple together. Then we will color, add pics from magazines, etc about all the places and things we want to see in life. My hubby really excited about this.

Then we'll watch the movie.

I love all the ideas on this thread. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Great Plans for the UP! Movie Night. Sounds like a lot of fun.:thumbsup2

So, Ponyo is coming out on DVD Next Week (March 2)

I am drawing a blank about what food to serve.

Anyone have any great ideas for a Ponyo Movie Night? We saw the movie in the Theater and loved it.:goodvibes

Anybody made these elephant ears? I'm confused. Any pics??? I am a visual person:) LOL

Oops... I meant these elephant ears:) :rolleyes1

OOPS! Forget to include it in the last post!

1/4 C butter, melted
1 C flour
2 T sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 C milk
3 T sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
sugar

(Did I mention sugar?)

Stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir in milk and 3 T melted butter until dough forms. Knead 10 times on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a rectangle, 9x5 inches. Brush with remaining butter, using a pastry brush. Sprinkle with mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Roll up tightly, beginning at narrow end. Pinch edges of dought into roll to seal. Cut into 4 equal pieces. Place cut sides up on cookie sheet. Pat into 6 inch circles. Sprinkle with more sugar. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Makes 4 elephant ears.

Any ideas for Sleeping Beauty? I didn't see it listed and it's my girls fav (at the moment)!
Thanks,
Jodie

We just did our first movie night last night and it was a HUGE hit:cool1: We did Peter Pan and had an absolute blast. I have DS who's almost 3 and DD who is 4 and they both really got into it. Here's what we did...

-First, we folded paper pirate hats out of newspapers. Then the kids colored cardboard swords and sails for their pirate ship pizzas. We made fruit swords and played follow the leader. I had the soundtrack playing in the background and when "We can fly" came on, DD insisted on dad flying her around the room! Then we made our pizzas, ate and had a wonderful treasure hunt. I left our first clue at our backdoor and rang the doorbell. There was a treasure map inside as well as two telescopes to help with the hunt. I hid picture clues all around the house, showing them where to go for the next clue. At the end, they found their treasure in the linen closet! After all of that excitement, we settled down to watch the movie and eat ice cream cannon balls (ie: ice cream rolled in crushed up oreos). It really was a blast and I cannot wait until next week for Cinderella! Thanks so much for these wonderful ideas and wonderful memories:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Here are some pics from our night!

Decorating sails...
PeterPan25.jpg

Fruit swords...
PeterPan14.jpg

Following the leader...
PeterPan46.jpg

We can fly!
PeterPan60.jpg

Dinner!
PeterPan65.jpg

Centerpiece and treasure map...
PeterPan98.jpg

The booty!
PeterPan7.jpg

Ok, I could post more but I'll resist. Hope this isn't too many!

OMG!!! I LOVE IT!! My kids FAVORITE BY FAR is Peter Pan!! We are definitely going to do this. How did you do the newspaper hats?

Our tenth pre-Disney night was a princess inspired “Royal Tea Party.”

CopyofPrincessInvitation.png

Mickey served as our prince. (I cut out a crown and let my nephew decorate it.)
abbb-1.jpg

bb-1.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

For our meal we had finger sandwiches (turkey, ham, roast beef, chicken salad & egg salad), some tuna on crackers, blueberry bagels, an assortment of mini muffins,
IMG_0553.jpg

cocktail sausages, cheese log with crackers & grapes, sugar cookies, and pineapple (we used cookie cutters to make flowers and hearts).
IMG_0548.jpg

Our craft was Lumiere (we watched Beauty and the Beast as our movie). http://family.go.com/entertainment/...cipes/craft-585077-tissue-tube-candelabrum-t/
Copyofff.jpg

We also played Yahtzee Jr. Enchanted Tales Edition after the movie.
Copyofg.jpg

My niece loved this night the best I think. She dressed up as Snow White and when she saw the table she oouuued and ahhhhed more than Christmas morning! :cloud9:
Only 2 more months until we’re off to Disney! :yay::woohoo::banana:

So cute!!! I am going to have to do a tea party themed one, maybe more like a lunch with just me, her and her dolls, DD is really into that.
Was thinking of either Alice in Wonderland or Mary Poppins, what do you think? DD hasn't seen either of them actually.
Thinking of Egg Salad Sandwich and ham and cheese.....hmmm what else? DD is allergic to peanuts.
Oh and where can I find cheap cookie cutters to cut our the sandwiches in cool shapes?

"Here’s the link to the Disney Family website where I got the gravestones for the brownies and the Hitchhiking Ghosts cutouts.
http://family.go.com/holidays/pkg-d...les/?CMP=NLC-Insider_HauntedMansionPrintables"

The Disney site no longer has the tombstone printable. Does anyone happen to have one?

I don’t know why the tombstone printable link isn’t working. :confused: I just checked my computer and I’m sorry but I never saved it. I must have just opened it up and printed it without saving the page. If you are still interested in them, maybe you could send DisneyFamily.com an e-mail and they can fix it. (support@disneyfamily.com) I know they’ve had to fix problems with links before.

Any ideas for Sleeping Beauty? I didn't see it listed and it's my girls fav (at the moment)!
Thanks,
Jodie

I’ve never seen sleeping beauty :rolleyes1(How can I even call myself a Disney fan?), but here are some links that may be helpful.
Aurora’s crown - http://family.go.com/entertainment/pkg-princess-crafts-and-recipes/craft-585070-auroras-crown-t/

Pom Pom Songbirds - http://family.go.com/entertainment/...nd-recipes/craft-585069-pom-pom-song-birds-t/

Sleeping Beauty Party - http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/sleeping_beauty_parties_1.html

So cute!!! I am going to have to do a tea party themed one, maybe more like a lunch with just me, her and her dolls, DD is really into that.
Was thinking of either Alice in Wonderland or Mary Poppins, what do you think? DD hasn't seen either of them actually.
Thinking of Egg Salad Sandwich and ham and cheese.....hmmm what else? DD is allergic to peanuts.
Oh and where can I find cheap cookie cutters to cut our the sandwiches in cool shapes?

There are some great tea party posts on here, some with Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins themes. Post #152 on pg. 11, #469 on pg. 32, and #56 on pg. 40.
I know there were heart and flower shape cookie cutters at the Dollar Tree right before Valentine’s Day. They may still have some sort of flower ones with Easter coming up.

I don’t know why the tombstone printable link isn’t working. :confused: I just checked my computer and I’m sorry but I never saved it. I must have just opened it up and printed it without saving the page. If you are still interested in them, maybe you could send DisneyFamily.com an e-mail and they can fix it. (support@disneyfamily.com) I know they’ve had to fix problems with links before.

I’ve never seen sleeping beauty :rolleyes1(How can I even call myself a Disney fan?), but here are some links that may be helpful.
Aurora’s crown - http://family.go.com/entertainment/pkg-princess-crafts-and-recipes/craft-585070-auroras-crown-t/

Pom Pom Songbirds - http://family.go.com/entertainment/...nd-recipes/craft-585069-pom-pom-song-birds-t/

Sleeping Beauty Party - http://www.birthdaypartyideas.com/html/sleeping_beauty_parties_1.html

There are some great tea party posts on here, some with Alice in Wonderland and Mary Poppins themes. Post #152 on pg. 11, #469 on pg. 32, and #56 on pg. 40.
I know there were heart and flower shape cookie cutters at the Dollar Tree right before Valentine’s Day. They may still have some sort of flower ones with Easter coming up.

Thanks, I have to get there, there's a few things that I need from Dollar Tree. We've been pretty much snowed in the whole month of Feb. and it is driving me nuts, I am going to crack soon :rotfl:
I am going to check those posts too, thanks a lot.

OMG!!! I LOVE IT!! My kids FAVORITE BY FAR is Peter Pan!! We are definitely going to do this. How did you do the newspaper hats?

Hey girl, I followed your link from Facebook. I love this thread. I can't believe I didn't find this before. Thanks for posting the link. I love you peter pan night soooooooooooooooooo cute.

Hahaha! I knew you were talking to me:lmao: Peter Pan was a blast.

We did Dumbo last night and it was so much fun. Thanks everyone for all of the wonderful ideas! Pics to come:thumbsup2

Hahaha! I knew you were talking to me:lmao: Peter Pan was a blast.

We did Dumbo last night and it was so much fun. Thanks everyone for all of the wonderful ideas! Pics to come:thumbsup2

Do you plan this one night a week ? When are you going back ? We were going in November but Courtney can't come because of college so we are gonna go next Mardi Gras. It is one year away and I will do a them night once a month.

We watched Peter Pan and Return to Never Land during the week. Then on Saturday we had our little party. DD wore her fairy wings! DS has a pirate hat, but didn't feel like wearing it!
For our craft DS make a telescope out of a paper towel tube and DD made a fairy wand. We had pizza with the pirate masts and salad. I made cannon balls for desert (ice cream that I formed into a ball and rolled in rainbow sprinkles for the kids and crushed oreo cookies for the adults. Yum!). After dinner we thought of our happy thought and then DD sprinkled us with fairy dust (a shaker with a tiny bit of glitter in it - we did this in the kitchen for easier clean up!) and then we flew away to never land. I made a clothespin game turning a milk bottle into the croc's mouth. I put little clock faces on the clothespins and DD practiced telling time while she and DS dropped the "clocks" into the croc's mouth. I did a treasure hunt, too, and put flashlights in the treasure chest as their prize. I got a book on shadow puppets from the library and with our new flashlights practiced making all kinds of shadow animals. Lots of fun!

Next week is Lion King. I think I'm going to go more low key with this next one!

We had a mad tea party & watched Alice in Wonderland in honor of the new movie coming out on Friday. For anyone interested, there are a ton of pics and description of how we decorated the table in my PreTripReport below. If you look in the index on my first post you will find the MAD TEA PARTY post with the pics! :) (there's other movie days listed there as well)

we had a mad tea party & watched alice in wonderland in honor of the new movie coming out on friday. For anyone interested, there are a ton of pics and description of how we decorated the table in my pretripreport below. If you look in the index on my first post you will find the mad tea party post with the pics! :) (there's other movie days listed there as well)

omgggggggggggg you did a fantasic job!!!!!!!!!!
The pictures are great!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Right now, we're counting down with this:

DSC07619.jpg

Brooklynn pulls off a Mickey head to reveal a picture from one of our past trips.

As you can see, we're getting close!

That is an AWESOME idea. This might be a silly question but how did you get all those Mickey heads perfect? (I'm a newbie here so don't mind me ;) )

I LOVE all these ideas. Love them. :cheer2:

We had a mad tea party & watched Alice in Wonderland in honor of the new movie coming out on Friday. For anyone interested, there are a ton of pics and description of how we decorated the table in my PreTripReport below. If you look in the index on my first post you will find the MAD TEA PARTY post with the pics! :) (there's other movie days listed there as well)

omg, I love those little card men, they look easy to do too, thanks!!

I asked daughter to pick the next movie night and she decided to ask her dad to chose the next night and he decided on Sleeping Beauty?!?!?! (He thinks its the shortest Disney movie so he won't have to sit thru it for that long).
I will have to search the boards for ideas for this one. :sad2:
I have accumulated some things for upcoming parties though, a bunch of laua decorations for Lilo and Stitch from Dollar Tree
And Mardi Gras stuff for Princess and the frog, although we'll have to wait til it comes out to do that one.
I love dollar tree! :love:
OH and i did find the cookie cutters there too :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter