Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Last night we had another family movie night.

It was DS's turn to pick the movie, and he picked...

The Incredibles!!

011-1.jpg

I don't know what it is with us, but I am so over picking movies that are hard to find decorations for! Next time I'm going to pick an easy one! No local stores had any Incredibles themed decor, so I had to make my own up. Although, I do think that what I came up with turned out great and it was fairly expensive too-WOOT!

More of the decor:

014.jpg

Notice the red, black and yellow stars hanging from the chandelier!

010.jpg

Dash made an appearance...

001.jpg

...and so did his sister, Violet (I had to make a mask for DD).

013.jpg

And it wouldn't be an INCREDIBLE night without a picture of their best superhero pose!

021-1.jpg

Dinner was HERO subs and Dash's FAST fries :)...

025.jpg

...Dessert was make your own FROZONE sundaes!

032-1.jpg

037.jpg

Had a great night and of course, enjoyed the movie!

Last night we had another family movie night.

It was DS's turn to pick the movie, and he picked...

The Incredibles!!

011-1.jpg

I don't know what it is with us, but I am so over picking movies that are hard to find decorations for! Next time I'm going to pick an easy one! No local stores had any Incredibles themed decor, so I had to make my own up. Although, I do think that what I came up with turned out great and it was fairly expensive too-WOOT!

More of the decor:

014.jpg

Notice the red, black and yellow stars hanging from the chandelier!

010.jpg

Dash made an appearance...

001.jpg

...and so did his sister, Violet (I had to make a mask for DD).

013.jpg

And it wouldn't be an INCREDIBLE night without a picture of their best superhero pose!

021-1.jpg

Dinner was HERO subs and Dash's FAST fries :)...

025.jpg

...Dessert was make your own FROZONE sundaes!

032-1.jpg

037.jpg

Had a great night and of course, enjoyed the movie!

That looks fantastic. I can't believe how great that looks. We've done something similar with a couple of the less popular stuff out there.

Does anyone have any ideas I can do for Beverly Hills Chichaua 2? My dd is begging for this movie and so I was going to get it for her for Valentines day and wanted to do a theme around it. I was thinking maybe finger foods that are small since the dogs are small -like the little smoke sausages. I have no clue what craft to do.

We are going to do Mulan tonight and have Chinese Food for dinner to celebrate the Chinese New Year. I have dragon masks the kids are going to decorate as well.

My son asked if I would request the movie Robin Hood from our library since he had never seen it, but had been seeing the characters from the movie while playing a lot of our Disney games. The kids don't know that we have actually gone ahead and booked our trip for November. But this was our first official Disney movie night countdown, even if they don't know that yet. ;)

RobinHoodMovieNight-Table-Feb2011.jpg

I made the Sherwood Forest backdrop out of a large cardboard box and a green plastic tablecloth.
RobinHoodMovieNight-SherwoodForest-Feb2011.jpg

RobinHoodMovieNight-SetUp-Feb2011.jpg

The menu for our meal was: Sheriff of Nottingham Stew
RobinHoodMovieNight-Stew-Feb2011.jpg

Sherwood Forest Salad
RobinHoodMovieNight-Salad-Feb2011.jpg

Robin Hood Rolls
RobinHoodMovieNight-Rolls-Feb2011.jpg

Maid Marian Milk (yes, I know the label is mispelled. :rolleyes:)
RobinHoodMovieNight-Milk-Feb2011.jpg

Hidden Coin Custard (with fake coins buried inside)
RobinHoodMovieNight-Custard-Feb2011.jpg

RobinHoodMovieNight-TableCloseUp-Feb2011.jpg

The kids both received Robin Hood hats to wear, along with a simple Robin Hood outfit.
RobinHoodMovieNight-Natasha41-2Xavier71-2--Feb2011.jpg

After dinner and the movie we played a couple of games. The first was an archery shootout in Sherwood Forest. The kids threw the arrows (wooden dowels with paper feathers/flights glued to one end) through three different metal hoops hanging from the forest.
RobinHoodMovieNight-Natasha41-2-Arrows-Feb2011.jpg

RobinHoodMovieNight-Xavier71-2-Arrows-Feb2011.jpg

Then we had multiple coin hunts. One person would hide ten coins for each person throughout the living room. The other players had to find them and then turn them into Prince John to pay their taxes. (Ornery Prince John, wearing his crown of course, would make sure each player paid the correct amount of taxes.)

The kids also colored pictures of Robin Hood.
RobinHoodMovieNight-Natasha41-2-Feb2011.jpg

We had a fun night and are looking forward to our next Disney movie night!
RobinHoodMovieNight-Natasha41-2Xavier71-2-Feb2011.jpg

Our latest movie night was my DD's favorite Cinderella. Decor was done by Emily, she gathered a few of her Cinderella books and toys to place about the room. The menu was Royal flank steak, Regal mashed potatoes and Charming green beans. Dessert was Cinderella's pearl cupcakes. As always we watched the movie first, then while dinner was finishing up the kids did some coloring pages. After dinner we played Disneys Sing It which is always a blast. Sam's choices of songs always make me smile, what other boy chooses Mary Poppins and Lady and the Tramp as his first songs? My love of all things Disney has definately been passed down to my kids. We ended the night with a Cinderella puzzle. It was a very fun night, next up I think is A Bugs Life, we had a vote last night and it was a tie with The Incredibles but mom has the deciding vote and I haven't seen A Bugs Life in forever so that's what we're going with;)

028-4.jpg

035-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

038-2.jpg

043-1.jpg

047-1.jpg

060.jpg

049-1.jpg

053-1.jpg

056.jpg

Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I got a book from the library I thought you all might be interested in. The Disney Party Handbook.
It has ideas for:
Winnie the Pooh
101 Dalmations
Lion King
Peter Pan
Little mermaid
Cinderella
Alice wonderland (unbirthday tea party)
Beauty & Beast
Aladdin
Toy Story
Pocahontas
Sleeping Beauty
Hunchback
Hercules

It has food ideas and stuff you can copy out of it like invitations etc.

I've been a silent watch of this thread and LOVE the ideas out here. We thought we'd do Lion King, but then saw Snow White was playing on ABC Family. So we worked really hard to come up with a great meal.

Snow White -

Tonight we had mini bratz and saurkrat like we had at Germany in Epcot - why that goes with Snow White I'll never know.

Baked apples or Poison apples - w/brown sugar, cinnamon and mini marshmellows.
poisonedapple.jpg

Then we made jello gems! red Rubies, yellow diamonds, blue sapphires, green emeralds, and orange garnets.
jellogems.jpg

DD11 made a poison apple and DD8 made a pick ax as centerpieces.
pickaxandapplecraft.jpg

It was a lot of fun! Thank you so much for creating this thread! This will help keep Disney in our lives while we wait 2 more years until our next trip!

We just had the meatball recipe from Post 88, and it was so delicious! I have never had meatballs I liked as much as that!

Painted a puppy face and watched Lady and the Tramp. Very fun night! I love this thread!

We will be having our 100 days 'til Disney party next weekend. I'm trying to base the menus off of favorite rides. (The 3 of us are the only ones going on the trip. But, we invited 3 friends for dinner that just returned from their trip. We'll watch their videos, look at photos, and maybe play a Disney game.)

Expedition Everest- Yeti Spaghetti (fettucini alfredo)
Toy Story Midway Mania- Pizza Planet pizza (order in- put Pizza Planet label on it)
Splash Mountain- Splash logs (breadsticks) that can be splashed into marinara
Tower of Terror- Bellhop bowtie pasta salad (which, I don't think the bellhops actually wear bowties, but I don't want another dessert)

Test Track- stoplight cookies from this thread
Haunted Mansion- brownies with gravestone markers from this thread
Soarin'- Oranges (unless I find a yummy recipe for an orange flavored dessert)

I will attempt to post pictures after the party.

We just had a finding nemo night on friday and had a ball. the girls made paper plate dory's nemo's and jelly fish. we also ate mac and cheese with gold fish and blue jello. It was a real fun night:cool1:

We just had our first family movie night with Lady and the Tramp. We used the fine china, even the crystal glasses with sparkling grape juice...the kids thought they were hot stuff...we had spaghetti and meatballs...bread-sticks...we made yarn spaghetti on plates with pom/pom meatballs...kids had a ball...they don't know that they are going to Disney yet...;) Thanks for the inspiration.. anyone have ideas for Secretariate...we bought the movie for DD6 for Valentines day..it is what she wanted...I have not seen it or even really know what it is about:confused3 I love these ideas and the pictures you all have shared..I've been reading these posts for the past couple of weeks...

me:cutie:dh:earsboy:ds9pirate:dd6:cheer2:dd3princess:

We did a Mickey themed Valentines dinner. Dinner was a heart shaped meatloaf for my younger children, steaks for DH, older DS and I, mashed potatoes, corn and mac and cheese. Dessert was strawberry cupcakes! After dinner the kids did a Mickey Valentines Day picture frame craft that we got at the Disney store.

004-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-5.jpg

011-4.jpg

010-6.jpg

012-3.jpg

Becc1: You are the disney theme night queen! :worship:

You go girl!! :laughing:

Thank you :goodvibes

I don't know what I'm going to do once our trip is over, I have a feeling we'll be keeping up with these theme nights, my kids (and me) are enjoying them too much! I must say it is keeping me from obsessing over my trip planning!

The second movie night we did was for Lady & The Tramp. This movie fit very well with Valentine's Day and we used it to celebrate that also.

Here is the main set-up. (Before food had been added.)
LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Table-Feb2011.jpg

This is the Tony's Town Square Restaurant sign I made from posterboard & red cardstock. I used my Cricut (die cutting machine) to cut out the letters and corner designs.
LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Sign2-Feb2011.jpg

LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Sign-Feb2011.jpg

Here is Lady & The Tramp (closest stuffed dogs we had that resembled them) enjoying their spaghetti and meatballs (yellow yarn, red yarn, brown pom-poms).
LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Dogs-Feb2011.jpg

Framed picture of the famous scene, surrounded by candlelight.
LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Frame-Feb2011.jpg

Dinner was of course spaghetti and meatballs.
LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Spaghetti-Feb2011.jpg

Breadsticks
LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Breadsticks-Feb2011.jpg

Sparkling wine(juice)
LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Wine-Feb2011.jpg

Dessert was heart shaped brownies pierced with cupids arrow (made from red felt and sucker stick) atop vanilla ice cream.
LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Dessert-Feb2011.jpg

More pictures and info in next post (sorry this got so long)!

Here our some pics of the kids. They dressed up for the occasion and donned doggy ears and had a black nose painted on (even my DH).
Xavier75LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Feb2011.jpg

Tasha45LadyTheTrampMovieNight-noodle-Feb2011.jpg

Xavier75LadyTheTrampMovieNight-eating-Feb2011.jpg

Tasha45LadyTheTrampMovieNight-eating-Feb2011.jpg

Xavier75LadyTheTrampMovieNight-dessert-Feb2011.jpg

Tasha45LadyTheTrampMovieNight-dessert-Feb2011.jpg

After dinner and the movie they colored a picture.
Xavier75LadyTheTrampMovieNight-coloring-Feb2011.jpg

Tasha45LadyTheTrampMovieNight-coloringpage-Feb2011.jpg

Then we played two games. The first was "Toss The Meatballs". We used the pom-poms meatballs and yarn spaghetti for this game.
LadyTheTrampMovieNight-Game-Feb2011.jpg

The second game was a dog bone hunt. I cut bone shapes from white cardstock and used new dog bowls to collect them in. We took turns hiding them over and over again throughout the family room. (I didn't take any pictures of this).

We had another great Disney movie night. Now to decide which movie next, hmmm.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter