Post Disney Depression.

bxccah

Ch-Ch-Ch-ChipnDale!
Hello all. I'm posting this from my villa at Saratoga. I return to England on Thursday and I'm severely depressed. Also injured my foot getting out of test track last week and touring the parks is agonising, which makes it worse as I could be at Magic Kingdom right now! :(

Anyway, I know when I get back I'm going to be depressed. Very depressed. I don't mean just sad, either- I have a pre-existing psychiatric disorder and so will start slipping into depression (already am!)

How can I cure PDD short term? We won't be booking another WDW trip for at least three years.

Hello all. I'm posting this from my villa at Saratoga. I return to England on Thursday and I'm severely depressed. Also injured my foot getting out of test track last week and touring the parks is agonising, which makes it worse as I could be at Magic Kingdom right now! :(

Anyway, I know when I get back I'm going to be depressed. Very depressed. I don't mean just sad, either- I have a pre-existing psychiatric disorder and so will start slipping into depression (already am!)

How can I cure PDD short term? We won't be booking another WDW trip for at least three years.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope your injury isn't too severe either.

I don't get clinically depressed but I do get the 'itch' to be back at the happiest place on earth. We go for 2 to 3 year stretches in between visits as well. These discussion boards certainly help. It turns out there are many others who feel the same way and it feels good letting it all out and chat about it.

You can also try making scrap books. You don't need to be crafty in the least. You get to go through all your amazing memories and the work you put into it keeps you very occupied. It can get addicting.

Hope this helps...:earsgirl:

Love the scrap book suggestion! I have a scrapbook for each trip that we have taken (to any location). When I get those out and flip through them, I just feel so good remembering all the fun times. Maybe pick up some Disney memorabilia as well that you can display at home--or a special Disney shirt to wear. And I also visit the DISboards frequently. We just got back a few weeks ago and here I am!

Take lots of pictures! You are at the Flower festivel now, when you go home do some flower gardening. Try and get ideas from the flower show and implement them for yourself and compare!
Finally, look at all the details that Disney creates and when you go home look at all the details in your surrounding location.
Remember, just about everything is art so see the beauty in everything.

I get Disney withdrawals myself! We just got back from a week long trip to Disneyland and I already want to be back there. We go to Disneyland every year but decided we want to do WDW so in order to save money for the trip we have to take next year off from Disney.

So I started work on making a photo video of our trip and I am working on a WDW planning binder. These will keep me busy planning for the trip even though it seems so long off and it makes the itch to be at the parks a little easier to deal with.

One thing I do every year when planning our Disneyland trips is learn something new about the parks or something we can do to mix it up a bit and that seems to help pass the time planning that. Like maybe a list of new restaurants to check out and get reviews on or research a tour.

Hope your foot gets better!

I am so glad that I am not the only one who gets sad when leaving. I have been going to WDW about twice a year for the last 2 and a half years but I know I will have to slow down at some point and even the thought of going a year or more makes me sad. I read up about new things at the parks on various blogs and try to look into other trips. We have collected art work from the parks that I enjoy looking at in between trips as well.
My first trip I injured my knee..... take advantage of the wheel chairs and don't let an injury ruin the end of your trip!

I am seasonal pass holder. My sister & I usually try to go as often as possible when our passes are valid. During the summer season however are passes are blacked out. Its the worst, I go through Disney withdrawal like crazy, so I usually start planning our next trip & look at past Disney pictures, it helps somewhat.

can you look in to an ecv? i'm sorry to hear you hurt yourself near track :worried: but if you can get one and the price isn't too bad, do a bit of touring in that!

Totally depressed that our trip is over. We've been home for two weeks and I still can't get it out of my mind! :sad2::(

Same here, I find talking about the memories and the future plans makes things a lot better. We have gotten some art that I have put up from the animation studio place in downtown disney, made scrapbooks even editing home movies makes it so much easier and a ton of fun to beat out those blues

Sorry to hear about the depression. My husband says I am unbearable when we get back from WDW. He is so sick of going to WDW that now I am planning our first vacation to DL. The easiest way I know to get over the depression is to start a countdown, and start packing things for your next trip (new toothbrushes, qtips, things that don't go bad).

Good luck, I know it is very hard to get over leaving WDW. I can always be seen crying in the airport.

I hope your foot gets better quickly.

I do it too. I go every 6 months too. I'm constantly thinking of being there. I listen to pandora, imaginearing radio, and have an app on my phone for music. I get on these boards. I fall asleep thinking of disney. It might be a problem.

One day I want to move close to disney and work there. Plan your next trip and hang in there. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter