• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post Cruise Help + Transfers

tambo3

Earning My Ears
Traveling on Disney Magic 1-8-05. On our return at end of cruise, our flight does not leave until 6:30 pm...any ideas on what to do with all that ground time ( including our luggage and 3 boys, ages 1-4-6???)

What transporation do you reccommend? I have 3 adults, 3 kids? Need cheapest option that gets me to ship early!

Thanks for your advice!

Originally posted by tambo3
Traveling on Disney Magic 1-8-05. On our return at end of cruise, our flight does not leave until 6:30 pm...any ideas on what to do with all that ground time ( including our luggage and 3 boys, ages 1-4-6???)

What transporation do you reccommend? I have 3 adults, 3 kids? Need cheapest option that gets me to ship early!

Thanks for your advice!
One option would be a day reservation at MCO Hyatt,allowing you to relax,shower,eat use the pool,fitness room,sauna etc. Day rates are usually reasonable!

Great advice...what does MCO stand for? I will look it up and check out ressies. Any more advice, let me know!:bounce:

MCO is the airline code for Orlando International Airport.

Like LAX is Los Angeles International.

I see. I would love to find a hotel with a great pool for kids that have "day reservations"...do you know of any others?

We liked the Hyatt because it was right in the terminal,2 minutes to the ticket counter.

With that big of a group, I think your cheapest transportation option is renting a day car. We did a day rental through Budget Rent-A-Car. When you get off the cruise, the baggage people will help you move the bags to the line for Budget (and other rental shuttle pickup areas). Budget was there when we walked up. And their office is very close to the port.

We also had a huge amount of time between getting off the boat, and flying home. However when we got to Budget, we called our airline and found out that if we made it, we could get on a 11:45 a.m. flight! This was at 10:20 a.m. We drove quickly from Budget to the airport (45 miles), switched tickets, checked in our luggage, returned rental car, made our way through security, and pretty much ran to the terminal. lol We made it just in time.

Our original plan for spending the day was to go to the Kennedy Space Center which is near the port. We were so pooped out though when we got off the cruise, that we were more focused on getting home at that point. We were happy to be able to get on that earlier flight.

Have fun!!!

Great advice. I will see how much Budget is....can't change flights though since we are using mileage and you now how limited the availability is for using points and flight options.

FYI...

MCO stands for McCoy Airfield, which is (was?) the official name of the Orlando International Airport. Currently it is address as OIA when local speak of airports, but in airline listings it is MCO. Confusing, confusing :confused:

tambo
welcome to the boards. I too am going on the 1-8-05 cruise. Come over to the cruise meets boards, to the January 8th cruise and join in on the conversation going on with your fellow cruisers. Also, we have the same situation as you. We are 3 adults and 3 children. We are planning on renting a mini-van from budget and heading back to MCO. You can get a room at the hyatt through priceline.com. Go to biddingfortravel.com and see what the going rate is right now. Looking forward to our cruise. We'll have a DIS meet, we just have not decided where and when. I guess I better start figuring that one out.
Staci

You can get a room at the hyatt through priceline.com.

Priceline never lets you know the hotel you will get when bidding, unless you know a way to do it.....please let us know if that is the case.

I use Priceline quite a bit and have never been offered the hotel before I bid. The whole point of booking on Priceline is to be happy with a certain star rating in a certain area, but not know the hotel you get until your price is accepted.

I just did not want people to think that bidding on Priceline in the Orlando airport area would automatically get them the Hyatt.

Actually, some have posted recently that the MCO Hyatt is not even offered anymore as one of the hotels thru Priceline.

MJ

Originally posted by CaribGirl
FYI...

MCO stands for McCoy Airfield, which is (was?) the official name of the Orlando International Airport. Currently it is address as OIA when local speak of airports, but in airline listings it is MCO. Confusing, confusing :confused:

OIA is the official abbrev for Ontario International Airport in Ontario, California. So Orlando can never become OIA

JJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter