Post College Possible?

mickin

Starlight, Starbright, first star I see tonight
Hi, Fiance and I just grad from college and hope to be married within a few years. She will be around 24 or 5 and I will be 25 or 6. Just wondering if there are any other post college young couples who have been married recently at disney and how you began to plan for your wedding and if it is possible for a young couple?

Thanks-

Our DD graduated from University of Central Florida in May 2007 and she and her Fiancee will be getting married on the Disney Wonder November 2009!!

Look at all of the possibilities of where you can do it within Disney are you set on WDW or is the Cruisline an option for you? There is a huge thread on Cruiseline weddings with pictures and so on have a look at that, and I will be posting in a few more months have fun planning....

Well we both graduated college at 21 and waited until we were 26 to get married because immediately after college we had no money and moved back in with our respective parents. If we didn't wait we never would have been able to have the wedding we did.

Honestly, I don't think 25-26 is that young to get married. It really depends on how much money you make and how long it will take to save up for the wedding you want.

We are, and will, be 24 when we get married, and we are in grad school (so I am going on my 6th year of university). We also haven't lived with our parents since we have been 18. If you budget right, and have help, you can do it. I guess it may be different for us, since as grad students we are lucky enough to make money while in school. I really beleive if you want something you should just do it....you never know what can happen in the future!! (but do whatever makes you feel comfortable:goodvibes)

I'm 24 and my fiance is 22, and I only graduated two years ago. He's still in the Navy to top it all off, but that's what makes it financially possible (although he might only be allowed leave for a couple of days....). At least with a DFTW you have a more exact number as a goal for saving, rather than trying to guess how much things could add up to. My cousin is the same age and is getting married in the spring (back in Indiana though) and is spending more than I am!

DFi just graduated last fall. I didn't go to college...it just wasn't for me. We're planning a Wishes wedding for next Labor Day. I'll be 24 and DFi will be 25.

My dad is paying for the wedding, so I'm lucky there. Disney has always been my dream wedding since I was a little girl. About two weeks after we got engaged we called DFTW and started the process.

Yes! Me and my finacee are still in school. I am doing my post-undergrad studies as a pastry chef and I finish in late Sept. She does not graduate from her Masters program until May 2010. We are getting married in Jan 2010...we're crazy!
My family is paying for everything for us, though...it's easy enough for us that way. If you have help, I'm sure it'll be easy.
My biggest worry at this point (and this far) is finding a dress!

We originally had planned getting married the September after I graduated college, but decided to wait another year to really save while both working full time in order to afford the extras we wanted. My parents are paying for our wedding up to a certain extent. Whether or not you are able to do it depends on your budget and what you want to do. Guest count is always a major factor when guessing the budget!

Overall, I will say that had we had our wedding back where we live it would have been just as expensive. The only additional costs that made Disney more expensive was the park tickets, hotel, and flight tix. Disney works with people on a tight budget all the time, so I'd definitely say it's doable :thumbsup2

DH and I are 23 and 25......we got married a little over a year ago....neither of us is done with college yet- both still in the process. It's definitely possible- we had help paying for our wedding but could have done it without- just on a smaller scale.

I'm 24, and DF is 25. We're getting married in Oct. 2010 so I'll be 25, and he'll be 26. I graduated in 07, and him in dec. 06. We're teachers and worked last year on leaves, and this year we were hired on tenure track. We both still live at home, and plan to move out next summer. We're very lucky that my parents are being traditionalists and are paying for the wedding. But I certainly don't feel too young to be getting married and I think it's very possible. If money is an issue, you can always do an escape wedding.

I'm 22 and my DF is 21. I just graduated with my bachelor's and will be starting up for my master's in Sept 2010. DF is still in school part-time and should graduate around Aug 2010.

We're getting married in May 2010 with an escape wedding. I admit it's a tight stretch budget wise as our parents are helping very little, but a little debt never hurt anyone, right? :rotfl2:

We are very young, but we've been together for 4 years so it just seems right.

DH and I are both young (23 for me, 28 for him) and had both just graduated when we were engaged. We paid for our wedding on our own and have not regretted it one bit. Its possible, you just have to be willing to compromise. A lot of our wedding was DIY and we put in a lot of time crafting to make it perfect. :)

I am 25 and DF is 28. We both graduated several years ago. But we are paying for this wedding ourselves,and trying to do it on a budget. I would say it is very easy to get swept up in all of the upgrades that Disney has to offer. I think it's important to stay focused. Even a modest Disney wedding can be BEAUTIFUL!!!! Like OceanGdss said, do a lot of DIY and really shop around for your best deals!

I was 24 and DH was 23 when we were married at Disney. That said, there is no way we could have had the wedding there if my parents hadn't paid for it. I very much appreciate they were able to do that for us, but we just couldn't have pulled it off. There are many ways to make your Disney dream happen on whatever budget you have though. Just keep your mind open to all the options and try not to get swept up in all of the grandeur that Disney has to offer :) You don't need to have EVERY detail to have a spectacular event. This board will help you make sure you get the most bang for your buck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter