• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post Closing Question???

MIDISNEY243

MI Disney Family
Once closed….

How long does it take Disney to send member information?

-Timeshare store said 14-28 anyone have a current timing… like they got theirs in 16 days.
-----We are really hoping to get it before the 30th to take advantage of Annual pass discount. Closed on the 9th so we are right in the middle of the 14-28 days.

-When Disney does send out the information do they send it USPS or something like UPS or Fedex.
----Everyday I check my mail excited, but today I realized it might not even be coming that way.

Thanks for the help.:simba:

Mine came regular mail. Don't know the recent timelines, except that they're slower than they were just a couple years ago.

It is possible for your membership number to be assigned several days before you receive the paperwork by USPS. I called and was able to get my number and sign in over the phone a week before I received anything in the mail.

Our friends purchased resale in Jan and called for their member number 6 days after deed recording and got it. We called today (day 8 after recording) and nothing yet.

If i remember correctly, once we seen it on the orange county deed website (or whatever its called) we called up member services asked if our account was made, answered a few questions and they gave us our member number over the phone...

The package in the mail took a couple weeks but we could set up our account and such already because we had our member number.

What is the website and how do you check the deed?

Orange County comptroller is linked in the sixth post of the DVC resource center sticky thread. I'd suggest you search by both yours and the seller's name for best chance to see your contract correctly. It's a big database.

So if I found my recorded deed, what does that mean as far a timing to get my account number?

Should I be calling?

:confused3 Thanks for the help.

Note the day it was recorded. Many posted being able to get their number a few business days after the deed was recorded. You'd call member accounting rather than MS. Call on Monday, doesn't hurt to try. Good luck!

Edited to add: Points load into the account a few days after that. I don't think you'll need your points loaded to buy the tickets. Once you have your number, I'd call the general ticketing number and buy it through there rather than DVC. Honestly, I can't imagine Disney turning away your money :)

Thanks. Deed recorded. Yeah. What is the next process?

Next will be a completely unnecessary (IMO) delay on the part of DVC, setting up your membership and loading the points.

This should take no more than a couple days, but several recent posts indicate it is taking 2-4 weeks. Other than having someone to continue paying the dues on the preexisting contract, DVC has no motivation to make the resale/member setup process quick for the resale buyer.

Rest assured, it is well worth it to save the huge money over direct purchase. But unfortunately it might be weeks after the deed is recorded before you can book future travel. I hope it goes quickly for you...

This really doesn't make too much business sense to me. The accommodations of DVC are really a fraction of the cost of a Disney vacation as we all know. I'm waiting for my member number and there are points expiring at the end of May. I could book a short trip with those points but if they wait too long, I won't be able to and Disney will miss out on that extra profit from me. In general, I would think that those who sell aren't going as frequently but a new buyer would be eager to start using the points, maybe even catch a case of direct addonitis while there. I think that they're losing more profit over the years by delaying the process.

Thanks everyone for the help. Once I found the deed I had some leverage when I called. I was able to get my member number, buy tickets, and wait list for wine and dine weekend. Now I just have to hope that the wait list comes through.

Thanks.

FYI - the post about not talking to DVC but instead the accounts/ finance division is correct. If you want to skip over the few day wait that your member number is in the mail those are the people to talk to. Just keep in mind they are doing you a favor so be nice even if the first person you ask says they can't give you any information without a membership number.

Hey all,

I am similar position to OP - our closing is this Friday, and we have points we need to use on the account before December, so am eager to get the opportunity to book - as I am worried we won't be able to get anything in the fall (NOT wine & dine weekend). Hope that based on the timing we can see the points before the end of May.

I see the process here pretty clear...I even checked out the Orange County web-site, but obviously our deed wouldn't be there yet. But when it is, where do you find the number to call member accounting/finance?

It's all phone tree options under the same main DVC number. I would recommend you give it at least ten business days after you see the deed recorded date before you even try calling. Otherwise you'll just frustrate yourself.

Fall is high demand but you will get something even a couple months out, as long as you are totally flexible to resorts and don't mind bouncing around on split stays if necessary. Good luck!

It's all phone tree options under the same main DVC number. I would recommend you give it at least ten business days after you see the deed recorded date before you even try calling. Otherwise you'll just frustrate yourself.

Fall is high demand but you will get something even a couple months out, as long as you are totally flexible to resorts and don't mind bouncing around on split stays if necessary. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback. We are totally flexible on the room. We are getting some "Freebie" points on our purchase that we didn't have to pay maintenance fees on but expire Dec 1st, so we decided to pop down for a quick "Adults only" trip. We intend to go for 4 nights Oct 16-20 so the dates are firm (not a race or a holiday weekend), but have enough points for a studio anywhere on property or even a 1 bedroom at SSR or OKW. We don't care where we are staying, and even would be willing to split the stay, so I am really hoping we can find something.

It's funny, I laughed at everone's impatience on the boards with resale and getting their points, but now that we are about 2 months into our purchase process and approaching the closing, I see why people get antsy. Knowing we might have another month to wait after the closing is starting to get to me. :hyper: :faint:

Our closing docs were registered 4/23, so I called up yesterday to see where we are at (we are also existing owners).

They explained that there are reveal steps in the Disney process after closing.

Basically, they have to check they have all the funds in their account department, they register the new contract to your account, then a few days later the points get transferred.

They also will only deal with it I. The order they received them.

Yesterday they were dealing with closures from 4/11.

I hope this helps you.

If it helps. Ours was recorded with the county on 4/16. We called today (4/30) and we were able to get our member ID and login info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter