Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

EDIT: I just checked it and now, there is NO option to upgrade to WGA+ or Anytime. The only option is the Business Select, for another 12K points. Is this any indication of how full the flight is? We are scheduled on the first flight out of GRR (to MDW) and then the third non-stop flight from MDW to MCO.

I usually see only Business Select left just before the flight sells out. But of course, there are only 15 BS spots, so if those 15 get sold quickly, I would expect Anytime fares to be left. You can get a bit of an idea if the flight is close to sold out by trying to make a mock booking & see how many passengers you can search for before the system shows no seats. You can search for up to 8 passengers at a time. If it gives you a price for 8 passengers, you know there are at least that many seats open. If you don’t get a price for 8, decrease the number of passengers until you get a price & you’ll know how many seats are available. You could try your 2 flights separately, it might be just 1 leg of your trip that is full.

I usually see only Business Select left just before the flight sells out. But of course, there are only 15 BS spots, so if those 15 get sold quickly, I would expect Anytime fares to be left. You can get a bit of an idea if the flight is close to sold out by trying to make a mock booking & see how many passengers you can search for before the system shows no seats. You can search for up to 8 passengers at a time. If it gives you a price for 8 passengers, you know there are at least that many seats open. If you don’t get a price for 8, decrease the number of passengers until you get a price & you’ll know how many seats are available. You could try your 2 flights separately, it might be just 1 leg of your trip that is full.
I can get 8 seats on both legs, but on the first leg, only Anytime and BS are available for 8.

Wow . Todays wow deal hit and I was able to rebook my family flight (4) to Orlando and saved almost 6000 more points. This is the third time since my original booking Ive done this. So what was once anout 44k points is now costing only 16k for the 4 of us. Really the only thing I worry about is my early bird on these seats. Crossing my fingers that the rebook does not lose our original place in line

Wow . Todays wow deal hit and I was able to rebook my family flight (4) to Orlando and saved almost 6000 more points. This is the third time since my original booking Ive done this. So what was once anout 44k points is now costing only 16k for the 4 of us. Really the only thing I worry about is my early bird on these seats. Crossing my fingers that the rebook does not lose our original place in line
Thanks!! I just saved points too. The flight is now less than half of the original price.

How do you know which flights are “select”? And I don’t see where to put promo code?
The promo code was automatically applied when I searched this morning. You could see which flights were on sale because there was a points value crossed out and then a lower value displaying. Those that aren't part of the promo don't have the crossed out points/dollars.

Was just coming to post the WOW50 sale, I just saved another $54, down to $117 roundtrip, which is fantastic! And I think I have enough points for another free flight for my next trip.

Just an FYI, I ended up having to call to have the change made because my current flight choices had the times change, and when I went to try and change to the cheaper fares, it would not work because of that, it would only give me other flights on the same days.

Great savings on this new sale! $55 non stop from Albany NY to Orlando is a crazy nice price. To bad the return flight is the start of a holiday week so no discount.

I’m very happy for those who were able to get discounts, but MCO isn’t even an option for the sale from my city! And our November flights have jumped up so much over the past week.

I'm traveling TO MCO on 11/15 and my cost went down (got 5k pts back for 2 tickets). However the return from MCO on 11/17 was not on sale.

I tried to book with the sale for our complete party (5 people), mid-booking was alerted that the fare had increased, canceled that process, tried again with just one family unit (3 people; sale fare supposedly available), made it all the way through--then the email receipt was at the regular fare price. I didn't screenshot anything so am not sure if I missed the fare increase alert again or if it literally went up right before I clicked the final buy button. Canceled those flights; the sale flights were less preferred times anyway. We still have 5 months so will wait a bit longer I guess.

Did you have to cancel current flights and rebook to use WOW50 promo?

I just hit CHANGE on the existing reservation and then searched the same date and the list of times showed up with the old points with a strike thru and the new pts needed. Reselected the same flight and it shows the amount of points it was refunding me.

Using CHANGE retains our Early Bird check in as well.

I just hit CHANGE on the existing reservation and then searched the same date and the list of times showed up with the old points with a strike thru and the new pts needed. Reselected the same flight and it shows the amount of points it was refunding me.

Using CHANGE retains our Early Bird check in as well.
Yep that’s what I did. the WOW50 promo does only apply to new reservations however the fares had dropped when I checked and it was easy to just change and get points refunded.

Yep that’s what I did. the WOW50 promo does only apply to new reservations however the fares had dropped when I checked and it was easy to just change and get points refunded.

When I hit CHANGE, the new cost was shown with the old cost still showing above it with a a strikethrough. That’s exactly how it looks when I search a new reservation. I’m pretty sure it’s the sale price. It’s exactly 50% less than the original. At least that’s the case for my departure city to MCO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter