Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I think it's air travel in general, but Southwest seems to have its share of troubles.
Yeah news stories from Friday reflect Delta and AA had the highest cancellations that day. Sometimes it's SWA, other times it's Delta, AA, Frontier, etc A lot of us are complaining about SWA which of course this is the SWA thread but apparently Delta pilots have been for several months warning Delta their schedule isn't feasible with the amount of pilots they have, it's like how we've been talking about SWA releasing flights only to change, or cancel those later on.

Yeah news stories from Friday reflect Delta and AA had the highest cancellations that day. Sometimes it's SWA, other times it's Delta, AA, Frontier, etc A lot of us are complaining about SWA which of course this is the SWA thread but apparently Delta pilots have been for several months warning Delta their schedule isn't feasible with the amount of pilots they have, it's like how we've been talking about SWA releasing flights only to change, or cancel those later on.
Long-term trends for the airlines aren't good. I've read that their primary source of pilots, the military, isn't producing as many pilots. Airlines will need to perhaps train their own pilots and, I suspect, extend the age a pilot can fly.

Long-term trends for the airlines aren't good. I've read that their primary source of pilots, the military, isn't producing as many pilots. Airlines will need to perhaps train their own pilots and, I suspect, extend the age a pilot can fly.
How old are pilots able to fly?

I'm so bummed Baltimore has 8 or so non stop flights to Orlando on Sunday Nov 27 but Phila has one and for a return flight on Dec 11, they have none.

I'm so bummed Baltimore has 8 or so non stop flights to Orlando on Sunday Nov 27 but Phila has one and for a return flight on Dec 11, they have none.
Baltimore is their hub. They’re deleting nonstops from other cities & making us change planes in Baltimore. I wouldn’t be flying SW anymore if I had to change in BWI & then stop somewhere else too.

Baltimore is their hub. They’re deleting nonstops from other cities & making us change planes in Baltimore. I wouldn’t be flying SW anymore if I had to change in BWI & then stop somewhere else too.
I didn't know that.

I really don't like switching planes. We bring a rollator for gate checking, so we would need to wait for that and then move to next gate.

Unfortunately it's not up to the airlines. It's an FAA rule, and an international rule.

Flying in the day before for a DCL cruise and nervous. I chose Delta a few months ago because
at that time it seemed other lines were bad. Flying home from MCO with Southwest and that
makes me really nervous because it is on weekend.

I didn't know that.

I really don't like switching planes. We bring a rollator for gate checking, so we would need to wait for that and then move to next gate.
Baltimore isnt that large of an airport. All the Southwest gates are in A/B/C and are all fairly easy to get to. If you have more than 30 minutes connection time, you should be fine

Baltimore isnt that large of an airport. All the Southwest gates are in A/B/C and are all fairly easy to get to. If you have more than 30 minutes connection time, you should be fine
That's good to hear considering we have a 45 min layover there in August.

Question about prescription medications on flights. Both my husband and I have a total of 9 prescriptions along with Arthritis pain pills and 4 types of vitamins. We both have a variety of health issues. Can we use the pill boxes for our weeks' worth of pills? Or will we have to bring our medications in their original scrip bottles? On my last trip the zip travel bag was pretty intense with all the bottles, and I read somewhere they must be in the original bottles. To think I used to think my MIL's medications were bad as she kept everything in a plastic shoe box on her kitchen table. :scared:

Question about prescription medications on flights. Both my husband and I have a total of 9 prescriptions along with Arthritis pain pills and 4 types of vitamins. We both have a variety of health issues. Can we use the pill boxes for our weeks' worth of pills? Or will we have to bring our medications in their original scrip bottles? On my last trip the zip travel bag was pretty intense with all the bottles, and I read somewhere they must be in the original bottles. To think I used to think my MIL's medications were bad as she kept everything in a plastic shoe box on her kitchen table. :scared:
something our daughter was able to get for her prescriptions for traveling was a print out of her prescriptions including the number so she carried that along with her travel box of pills. there are certain ones that need to be in original bottles I would ask when you pick up if you have any of those

I was very happy with the flight release last week. My expectations were very low based off scoping out the flights for the weeks before our trip. We (4 adults, 1 toddler, 1 infant) are flying out of BDL (Hartford CT) to MCO Nov 12 and coming back from MCO to BDL on Nov 19. There were 3 nonstop options on the 12th. We went with the 5am flight for arrival of 8am. Yes, it's early and yes the small kids, yada yada. They will be fine. There were other options with layovers, but those turned a 3 hour trip into 5 or 6. Then the next nonstop was to arrive at 5:45. Departing on the 19th we are leaving at 8:15pm and again, that was one of 3 nonstop options. I feel bad for everyone who didn't have as good of options, but still hope everyone enjoys themselves!

I always take a pill box with everything in it. Never had an issue. They are more worried about weapons than my allergy and arthritis sleep meds

My DH takes 10 pills, a few several times a day. He takes three pill boxes. Morning, evening, and then an extra 3 or 4 days in case we get stuck there for some reason. He puts a heavy duty rubber band around each box to make sure the litte sections stay closed.

I've never had a problem with my prescription medications being in a pill case. Including my insulin and the requisite needles that I'm sure look weird on the xray. As long as you're travelling domestically it shouldn't be a problem, if flying internationally I would have them in original prescription containers.

I think it’s more of a problem if the medications are controlled substances. We always travel with those in their prescription bottles (our kids have ADHD and the methylphenidate is controlled). If they’re not a controlled substance, I don’t think there’s a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter