Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I emailed them last night. It said I’ll hear back within 10 days. I’d cancel and rebook on my own, but then I’ll lose my EBCI, won’t I? Hopefully once someone reaches out to me they’ll be able to help.
I would try FB messenger. I usually hear back in less than an hour

What is happening to all the non stop flights with Southwest? I spent a lot of time yesterday evening on the phone with Sunshine Flyer Bus line changing our pickup at MCO due to our early NON STOP flight being cancelled. Southwest now has us booked to fly from Buffalo to Baltimore/Washington. Then from Bal to MCO extra 2 hours plus we need to now be at the airport around 4:00am. To make matters worse I also had to change my daughter and granddaughters bus information also as they were flying on the same flight as us.

Well I just checked my email and now I received another email stating our NON STOP flight from MCO to BUF has been cancelled. The put us on another flight later in the day. Anyone know what is happening. I also noticed other people posting their flights are being cancelled also. This is all happening last week of June thru the July holiday week. I know it cannot be due to lack of bookings. These are the flights we usually take and they are always booked solid. Now it looks like I have to call Sunshine Flyer again once I hear from my daughter if she got the same email. She is currently on a trip to Washington DC with her family so I will not hear from her until tomorrow.

I have nonstop Southwest flights booked for later this month, BUF to MCO. These were already significantly altered by Southwest some time ago (I was able to eventually grab decent times, even though not what I wanted), but no recent changes.
Are they still cancelling April flights the day before/ day of the flight, or is that calming down after the craziness of a week or so ago?
TIA!!!

What is happening to all the non stop flights with Southwest? I spent a lot of time yesterday evening on the phone with Sunshine Flyer Bus line changing our pickup at MCO due to our early NON STOP flight being cancelled. Southwest now has us booked to fly from Buffalo to Baltimore/Washington. Then from Bal to MCO extra 2 hours plus we need to now be at the airport around 4:00am. To make matters worse I also had to change my daughter and granddaughters bus information also as they were flying on the same flight as us.

Well I just checked my email and now I received another email stating our NON STOP flight from MCO to BUF has been cancelled. The put us on another flight later in the day. Anyone know what is happening. I also noticed other people posting their flights are being cancelled also. This is all happening last week of June thru the July holiday week. I know it cannot be due to lack of bookings. These are the flights we usually take and they are always booked solid. Now it looks like I have to call Sunshine Flyer again once I hear from my daughter if she got the same email. She is currently on a trip to Washington DC with her family so I will not hear from her until tomorrow.
It's been a rolling month to month adjustment recently with SWA. Many of us on this thread had March, then April, then May and now June and July schedule changes. Sometimes it's the flights getting canceled completely, some are just minor flight time adjustment and some are major flight time adjustments.

Take note it hasn't been on this scale before the sheer amount of things going on.

No it's about a year away (so they say lol) with an anticipated opening of March 2023 but they have been giving periodic updates to the construction. According a news story last month they were about 80% complete. I just hope they really really really stuck with the feature us locals loved the most---being dropped off at the curb and inside through security within a short time frame. There's so many airports out there where you're walking and walking and walking before you get to security and KCI was never like that it's a glorious thing. Supposedly they were intent on keeping some key features that locals liked with the new airport just seeing how it will pan out. The only reason the airport passed in the first place was because the taxpayers didn't have to pay for it, it had been voted down time and time and time again when the taxpayers had to pay. Us on the KS side do not get a say though.

They are putting a lot of stuff in it though from an airplane simulation room (to help kids and others get used to airplane travel and is supposed to even have a simulated cabin), a muli-sensory room designed mainly for kids and adults with autism, dementia, or sensory processing disorders. Then a mediation room, better restroom facilities (which admittedly once you're past security they do suck presently) and more encompassing restroom facilities like adult assist changing rooms, and more.

I've always loved MCI. Before 9/11 you went curb to gate in about 2 minutes. Even after I moved away, I would sometimes schedule a long layover and have a meal with my dad because going in and out was so easy.

The sensory room is awesome too. I took my son to the play area at Dallas Love and we left after we got enough dirty looks because of his noises.

Same here… both non stops from providence to MCO and back home during the same time have both been cancelled and replaced with layovers… hoping this is the final change 🤷🏼‍♀️

What is happening to all the non stop flights with Southwest?

SW has been screwing with their flight schedules all year. Like the PP, my Buffalo- MCO nonstops for late April/ early May were deleted a few months ago. Moved to horribly timed connecting flights. We have a companion pass & almost 300,000 points. I was so disgusted in how SW was changing things I cancelled my new flights & booked Jetblue. And within a week of them doing all that screwing around, they added a new nonstop. There is now a 2nd nonstop on my dates. But I’m sticking with my Jetblue flights.

I did book SW for an early September trip when they opened the schedules. But I’m prepared to cancel & book JB if they do the same thing again. All airlines are having issues, but SW seems to be worse than everyone else. They used to say “we know you have choices in airlines“. I think they forgot that bit of info. I’m not rewarding them for this nonsense.

Even after I moved away, I would sometimes schedule a long layover and have a meal with my dad because going in and out was so easy.
I feel like you're the only person I've ever heard who purposefully booked a long layover here lol but I'll take it haha

The sensory room is awesome too.
I think it is too. Airports can be so noisy and big and well everything. It's nice that if they are going to build a new terminal that they try and include multiple features that bring it up to more current understanding of people's needs.

Our July NS time changed but so far it's still NS.

We're flying with SW thru their vacation entity in May and I haven't received any changes with those flights - hopefully their TA will let us know it there've been changes. This will be the last vacation we can fly RT NS with SW. The July vacation I have to book a one-way home with another provider. Our October trip is mid-week to mid-week so it will have to be booked with another provider. Our December vacation will be - hopefully - SW departure from FL and another provider for the arrival. Hopefully SW will get themselves together or hopefully I can used our points before they completely stop flying NS into Philly.

Our nonstop flight from SYR-MCO changed from 12:10pm to 2:45p. Thankfully we could change to the 6:30AM(with a stop in BWI) and will arrive in Orlando at 12:20p. Downside is no nonstop and editing stroller rental and bus with Sunshine Flyer. Upside is earlier arrival to Disney and no change fee.

Currently scheduled to fly on an early morning NS out of BWI in July. I'm seeing that the flight times have been adjusted for the week before ours so I figure it's coming. There are NS flights available on the new schedule but they are at slightly different times. For those who have been affected, did SW reassign you to a NS if you already had one or did you suddenly have a layover?

Currently scheduled to fly on an early morning NS out of BWI in July. I'm seeing that the flight times have been adjusted for the week before ours so I figure it's coming. There are NS flights available on the new schedule but they are at slightly different times. For those who have been affected, did SW reassign you to a NS if you already had one or did you suddenly have a layover?
They just changed the flight time on my NS. I didn't like the new time so used the free change to get a new flight time.

We were changed from a mid morning NS out of Providence to a 6:00 am layover… we changed it to a mid morning layover because the 1 NS for the entire day was at 5am and that doesn’t work for our party of 7

Also flying BWI to MCO in July on an early morning flight. Flight time was originally 7:35AM, now changed to 7:40AM (still nonstop). Fingers crossed that's the only change for us and yours is similar, if any at all!

Also really curious if these last minute changes have settled down. I’m flying in mid May and had my flights already changed by several hours from BUF/ ROC to MCO. Was originally going to fly out of BUF but changed to ROC after the new flight times.

How do I use the 2 free EBCI I get with my premier card? We are taking a trip and bringing two friends and I want to get their tickets with points in case their plans change. My family has CP and TF and im A list so I want them to board as close to us as possible!!!

Also - is there a way to link our reservations since the friends are 14? I know SWA has an easy policy for traveling minors but I want to have everything run smoothly!! Thx!

Last edited:
How do I use the 2 free EBCI I get with my premier card? We are taking a trip and bringing two friends and I want to get their tickets with points in case their plans change. My family has CP and TF and im A list so I want them to board as close to us as possible!!!

Also - is there a way to link our reservations since the friends are 14? I know SWA has an easy policy for traveling minors but I want to have everything run smoothly!! Thx!

Pay for the EBCI with that card. The charge will drop off on the next statement. Easy peasy.

I *think* I may have a referral link for 50,000 point sign up bonus. Let me check and see. I could totally be mistaking this for another card…
We only have the CSP with 105,000 points. Just looking to get enough points to purchase the flights the cheapest way.
Do you have a spouse that you can refer the CSP to? Then when they get it they could get their sign up bonus points, and you’ll have more than enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter