Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I live 3 hours away from the airport and was not planning to be there until 4:00
ooohhh I gotcha. I always plan for my original flight time. Sometimes they are able to get a different plane for you, sometimes it's an anticipated delay that they can make up throughout the day. But I don't change my plans for a flight delay. I'm so glad you made it though!

ooohhh I gotcha. I always plan for my original flight time. Sometimes they are able to get a different plane for you, sometimes it's an anticipated delay that they can make up throughout the day. But I don't change my plans for a flight delay. I'm so glad you made it though!

I had never had a delay improve like that. Glad it did and now I know.

At 8:00 this morning SWA told me my 2:20 pm flight was delayed until 6:16 pm 😔. At 11:30 am they told me it was ontime.😁 But man did we have to scramble.
We had something similar happen when leaving. I got notice our flight was delayed, then back on time and then delayed again. When we got to the airport and checked our bag, I was given a little lecture that I should always assume that the plane will leave on time. I rolled my eyes after I turned around. I was checking our flight status every 15ish min just in case the time moved up.

Wow, I wonder how many people missed this flight. That’s never happened to me, postponed, then un-postponed. Glad you were able to make it.
Happened to us last summer - never had it happen before. Departure moved ahead several hours but we were already on way to airport so we went - then they moved it back but not to the original time. Numerous people were late and then that held up things because they waited for the stragglers.

Wow, I wonder how many people missed this flight. That’s never happened to me, postponed, then unpostponed. Glad you were able to make it.
We've had it happen enough times either when on vacation or business travel.

I'd often see my husband's flight home from CA when he was there for a work assignment for 9 months or when he was in MD for over 8 months get a delayed and then make up time. Weather would typically play a role (weather in TX was a biggie for that) as storms would cause issues as a domino effect so they'd put out an alert the flight was delayed many hours in advance and then they'd make up the time in the background. They didn't always make up the time but it def. did happen.

We've also had a inbound plane be used for our flight and normally you can tell that when there's a gate change (not always a new plane being used but that can happen) because the plane that was originally scheduled to be yours no longer is and another has taken its place.

This was from 2019 (looking over text messages) but around 3pm my husband had been sent a notification his flight from CA was delayed by several hours (flight delays in Chicago airports and storms elsewhere). Almost 2 hours later it was now only listed as 20mins late then about 2 more hours later it was listed back on time.

I have always been taught to go with the original time (and I don't mean that as a lecture it's just what I've always been taught). Airline travel is unpredictable and changes a lot. I hate to be stranded for hours at the airport over even overnight but what I would hate worse is missing my flight.

Happened to us last summer - never had it happen before. Departure moved ahead several hours but we were already on way to airport so we went - then they moved it back but not to the original time. Numerous people were late and then that held up things because they waited for the stragglers.
Now that would be rather unusual to have a flight pushed up and by several hours day of and would totally make me frustrated especially because for most airports and most times for domestic travel you're advised to be at the airport 90-120 minutes ahead of your flight (you mentioned moved ahead by several hours) although during the pandemic I don't remember if they've advised to be there more than 120 mins or not for a domestic flight.

When they call a delay far in advance it's def. a possibility they can make up time by whatever means in the background but totally different to push up a flight day of. That makes me wonder if they technically canceled your flight but had issues with trying to get people still to their destination and they tried something (like maybe getting another plane) and it failed (pushing the flight later than the new time). That sounds like a cluster that day :faint:

Our flight was cancelled for 5Am tomorrow. Can’t get on new until Tuesday. We’re coming home Wednesday. Already five hours from home at airport hotel. Have you ever gone to the airport and tried to fly standby?

PHEW - our flights home on Friday were ROUGH!!! :faint:

We were scheduled to fly from MCO-BWI-RDU at 10:30am - our flight was pushed by like 15 minutes which was no big deal as we had an almost 2.5 hr layover in BWI to catch our flight home to RDU..

however, once we boarded the plane there were a few issues - apparently we were missing 2 passengers and the self calculating luggage weight system wasn't working so after sitting for about an hour we (1.) found 1 of the 2 missing passengers and (2.) had the luggage manually calculated and we were on our way..or so we thought.. :headache:

as we get to the end of the runway where you turn and then head out, a lady in the back of the plane passed out so we turned around for a medical emergency. We did have 2 medical staff on board and once we arrived back at the gate, the lady (and her entire party) were able to walk off the plane. At this time we had to refuel and therefore sat another hour...

needless to say, in mid-flight our connection for that afternoon was cancelled for us, and we were bumped to a flight on SATURDAY afternoon. Once we landed we raced to a gate agent who was able to get us the last 3 seats on a flight later that Friday evening and we finally made it home late Friday night - without our bags. :scared1:

My husband got on the phone with the local SW luggage folks on Saturday and tried calling over 31 times and they never picked up - at the same time (on his phone) he called the SW 1-800 luggage line and was on hold for over 4.5 hrs and no one ever picked up! I finally got a hold of a person Saturday night at the local office and was told that 2 bags had arrived - mine and my cousins, but my husbands bag was still in Baltimore!!

As of Sunday night it was still in Baltimore...sitting somewhere....:confused3....the agent last nigh said she'd try to send Baltimore a note to put it on the last flight out last night but she couldnt guarantee anything and I can't get a hold of anyone in the office this morning.

SW sent me a $200 voucher via FB messenger when I reached out to them when we couldnt get in touch with anyone in luggage and then the luggage folks sent each one of us $100 voucher for the luggage issues...even though they're not resolved yet...

This was the WORST travel experience so far!! :headache::crazy2:

PHEW - our flights home on Friday were ROUGH!!! :faint:

We were scheduled to fly from MCO-BWI-RDU at 10:30am - our flight was pushed by like 15 minutes which was no big deal as we had an almost 2.5 hr layover in BWI to catch our flight home to RDU..

however, once we boarded the plane there were a few issues - apparently we were missing 2 passengers and the self calculating luggage weight system wasn't working so after sitting for about an hour we (1.) found 1 of the 2 missing passengers and (2.) had the luggage manually calculated and we were on our way..or so we thought.. :headache:

as we get to the end of the runway where you turn and then head out, a lady in the back of the plane passed out so we turned around for a medical emergency. We did have 2 medical staff on board and once we arrived back at the gate, the lady (and her entire party) were able to walk off the plane. At this time we had to refuel and therefore sat another hour...

needless to say, in mid-flight our connection for that afternoon was cancelled for us, and we were bumped to a flight on SATURDAY afternoon. Once we landed we raced to a gate agent who was able to get us the last 3 seats on a flight later that Friday evening and we finally made it home late Friday night - without our bags. :scared1:

My husband got on the phone with the local SW luggage folks on Saturday and tried calling over 31 times and they never picked up - at the same time (on his phone) he called the SW 1-800 luggage line and was on hold for over 4.5 hrs and no one ever picked up! I finally got a hold of a person Saturday night at the local office and was told that 2 bags had arrived - mine and my cousins, but my husbands bag was still in Baltimore!!

As of Sunday night it was still in Baltimore...sitting somewhere....:confused3....the agent last nigh said she'd try to send Baltimore a note to put it on the last flight out last night but she couldnt guarantee anything and I can't get a hold of anyone in the office this morning.

SW sent me a $200 voucher via FB messenger when I reached out to them when we couldnt get in touch with anyone in luggage and then the luggage folks sent each one of us $100 voucher for the luggage issues...even though they're not resolved yet...

This was the WORST travel experience so far!! :headache::crazy2:
oh my gosh...you win! I’m not complaining about my last delay/cancellation experience!

oh my gosh...you win! I’m not complaining about my last delay/cancellation experience!
I think I might have jinxed myself with all the "travel excitement" that day - it seems that you're always reading about disruptive flyers & medical issues on planes lately and I said TO MYSELF (and not even out loud!!) that I had never experienced any of that before and then BAM!!!!..I got all of them at once..

I should have knocked on wood as I thought it.

and here is the funny/ironic part that we realized....IF, we hadn't been delayed because of the missing passenger & baggage weight issue then we would have been in mid-flight if the lady had still passed out and IF that had happened, we probably would have been re-routed to RDU, our home airport.... :crazy2: ...now, if they would have let us off the flight would have been another question...but still..

so many IFs from the Friday fiasco...

I just want SW to go back to offering NS service Sunday thru Friday instead of just Saturday.
SAME!! we love flying out on Sundays...and in fact for our Vegas trip in May we leave on a Sunday and when we go to Disney in October we leave on a Sunday -and I'd LOVE to have a nonstop for both!!

🤞

we were bumped to a flight on SATURDAY afternoon. Once we landed we raced to a gate agent who was able to get us the last 3 seats on a flight later that Friday evening and we finally made it home late Friday night - without our bags. :scared1:
First off my goodness what a rough trip home for sure! Golly I would just be exhausted and drained at that point.

I'm guessing, though I couldn't be positive, that the above quote I pulled out was why your luggage got wonky. Once you got off the plane they may have been internally routed within the airport for the flight you were put on for Saturday afternoon. Obviously though the fact that your luggage and your cousin's were together but your husband's is MIA means they got messed up even further.

I've only called the luggage assist line during the day, does anyone know if there are hours like the SWA luggage counters have? Wondering if that's why they never answered. The last time we used the line was in 2018 in Jamaica when our luggage was damaged and we called (because we accidentally left the airport before going to the SWA counter in Jamaica), sent in photos, got a report number and because it was done that way we were just sent a link to a website where we selected our new luggage and they shipped it to us.

I would be so annoyed though with not knowing where my luggage is 2 days later.

Did they deliver yours and your cousin's luggage to your house? We had to have that happen coming back from our honeymoon (FAA furloughs at that time) where we barely made our connection in Atlanta on Delta to get back home but of course our luggage wasn't with us there wasn't any time for them to transfer it but they got it out onto a flight the next morning and delivered it to our house but that was with Delta.

On an aside I sure hope that woman with the medical emergency is okay!

First off my goodness what a rough trip home for sure! Golly I would just be exhausted and drained at that point.

I'm guessing, though I couldn't be positive, that the above quote I pulled out was why your luggage got wonky. Once you got off the plane they may have been internally routed within the airport for the flight you were put on for Saturday afternoon. Obviously though the fact that your luggage and your cousin's were together but your husband's is MIA means they got messed up even further.

I've only called the luggage assist line during the day, does anyone know if there are hours like the SWA luggage counters have? Wondering if that's why they never answered. The last time we used the line was in 2018 in Jamaica when our luggage was damaged and we called (because we accidentally left the airport before going to the SWA counter in Jamaica), sent in photos, got a report number and because it was done that way we were just sent a link to a website where we selected our new luggage and they shipped it to us.

I would be so annoyed though with not knowing where my luggage is 2 days later.

Did they deliver yours and your cousin's luggage to your house? We had to have that happen coming back from our honeymoon (FAA furloughs at that time) where we barely made our connection in Atlanta on Delta to get back home but of course our luggage wasn't with us there wasn't any time for them to transfer it but they got it out onto a flight the next morning and delivered it to our house but that was with Delta.

On an aside I sure hope that woman with the medical emergency is okay!
and yes, we totally agree that our bags got messed up because of us being able to switch our flight - however we DID have a 2 hrs wait from when we landed in BWI to when we flew out to RDU so we were hoping to have the bags moved as well, but that didnt happen obviously.

and YES, we are also stumped as to how 2 of the 3 bags made it on the Saturday flight but not my husbands - if you ask him, he'll tell you that they just threw his bag in a room and shut the door never to be seen from again! :headache:

I JUST now got a hold of the local RDU baggage office and his bag did NOT make the late flight last night and they're going to send the BWI office another message (allegedly message #3) requesting that they send his bag on the next flight this afternoon so *fingers crossed* it comes in then!!

and yes, we totally agree that our bags got messed up because of us being able to switch our flight - however we DID have a 2 hrs wait from when we landed in BWI to when we flew out to RDU so we were hoping to have the bags moved as well, but that didnt happen obviously.

and YES, we are also stumped as to how 2 of the 3 bags made it on the Saturday flight but not my husbands - if you ask him, he'll tell you that they just threw his bag in a room and shut the door never to be seen from again! :headache:

I JUST now got a hold of the local RDU baggage office and his bag did NOT make the late flight last night and they're going to send the BWI office another message (allegedly message #3) requesting that they send his bag on the next flight this afternoon so *fingers crossed* it comes in then!!
Oh geez :faint: Well I sure hope the bag make it on a plane today 🤞pixiedust:

I just want SW to go back to offering NS service Sunday thru Friday instead of just Saturday.
Totally agree. We have always flown SW from PHL but I really have no desire to fly on flights wth connections. American has many NS flights every day; I am close to breaking up w SW. This summer we are flying down on Amer Air (on a Monday) and home via SW (on a Sat). I just can’t figure out why they are doing this….the PHL-MCO flights have always been full!

Totally agree. We have always flown SW from PHL but I really have no desire to fly on flights wth connections. American has many NS flights every day; I am close to breaking up w SW. This summer we are flying down on Amer Air (on a Monday) and home via SW (on a Sat). I just can’t figure out why they are doing this….the PHL-MCO flights have always been full!
Agree Totally - If/when we go in July we'll be the same with the air: SW on Saturday and American mid-week. So weird SW is giving away business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter