Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Above the box where you apply travel funds it states the following:

Up to four of the following may also be applied in any combination: Southwest® gift cards, Southwest LUV Vouchers, leftover electronic ticket funds, and one Credit Card.

In your instance you can apply 3 travel funds and a credit card to pay the balance. If you had booked flights for 1 or 2 people at a time you would have been ok to do it over the phone. Also, sometimes there are only 1 or 2 seats left at a price. It can sometimes be best to just book 1 ticket a time for these reasons (as well as many others which I won't go into on this post).

Live and learn. I fly once a year so I guess my inexperience played a factor here and I missed that.

Thank you so much SouthFayetteFan! I so appreciate you taking the time to post and explain! I had a link, if it doesn't work, I'll get back to you! Thank you again. I won't have time for this trip, but I can use for future!

Glad to help - the strategy has saved us an enormous amount of money over the past 2 years and enabled us to visit Disney World multiple times and once out to Disneyland while only paying $5.60 per person for the security fee. I'm happy to pass the word along!

Does Southwest ever add flights? Trying to fly out of Philly in late April and many of the flights are sold out already or crazy high price. We haven't gone in April in a while but I was so surprised...I figured we'd be ok since it's after Easter and many schools in our area don't get a traditional week long spring break.

I'm thinking of booking flight out of BWI instead of Philly. The extra drive stinks but BWI is so easy to navigate and parking much easier so it's not a huge hassle. Just want to confirm that I can switch flight to Philly (from BWI) if something opens up?

I'm thinking of booking flight out of BWI instead of Philly. The extra drive stinks but BWI is so easy to navigate and parking much easier so it's not a huge hassle. Just want to confirm that I can switch flight to Philly (from BWI) if something opens up?

You can switch your flight no problem. I assume you'll book a wanna get away fare. If you switch to a CHEAPER flight you will have a travel credit in your name that you can use for a future flight (within 1 year of when you originally booked the first flight). If you switch to a MORE EXPENSIVE flight you will just pay the price difference.

You can switch your flight no problem. I assume you'll book a wanna get away fare. If you switch to a CHEAPER flight you will have a travel credit in your name that you can use for a future flight (within 1 year of when you originally booked the first flight). If you switch to a MORE EXPENSIVE flight you will just pay the price difference.

Thank you!! We've changed days/times before but never changed the airport so just wanted to be sure!

Thank you!! We've changed days/times before but never changed the airport so just wanted to be sure!

No problem - as long as you are within that 1 year from initial booking window you can change practically anything except for the name of the traveler.

Does Southwest ever add flights? Trying to fly out of Philly in late April and many of the flights are sold out already or crazy high price. We haven't gone in April in a while but I was so surprised...I figured we'd be ok since it's after Easter and many schools in our area don't get a traditional week long spring break.

No.

I'm looking to book a flight back mid-March for Canadian March Break. All the flights say WGA fares are unavailable. Is it true they are sold out? Or will something open up soon? I'm nervous because I have flights down, have the resorts reserved, but no flight back - I guess there could be worst places to be stuck... LOL pixiedust::stitch2:

I'm looking to book a flight back mid-March for Canadian March Break. All the flights say WGA fares are unavailable. Is it true they are sold out? Or will something open up soon? I'm nervous because I have flights down, have the resorts reserved, but no flight back - I guess there could be worst places to be stuck... LOL pixiedust::stitch2:
Been there..exactly there.....in my case ,more wanna get away fares magically appeared...twice

"We are currently accepting air reservations through June 3, 2016. On December 8, 2015 we will open our schedule for sale through August 5, 2016. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

https://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/

I had to laugh when I found that info on SW's website. I missed being able to book my roundtrip flight now by one day.... I could technically book my outgoing flight, just not my flight home. I'm flying out May 29th and flying back June 4th. I must say, it's always baffled me a bit that they have these cutoffs on a weekend. Seems like a Monday or Tuesday would be a better cut off day, but what do I know? lol *shurgs*

I had to laugh when I found that info on SW's website. I missed being able to book my roundtrip flight now by one day.... I could technically book my outgoing flight, just not my flight home. I'm flying out May 29th and flying back June 4th. I must say, it's always baffled me a bit that they have these cutoffs on a weekend. Seems like a Monday or Tuesday would be a better cut off day, but what do I know? lol *shurgs*

Personally because I know we'd fly Southwest both ways, I'd book the going now. I pretty much always book one way anyway.

Im sure this has been answered but when you book with points and then the point cost goes down and you rebook and get the difference back do those points expire like a credit would if you paid cash for the flight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter