Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Hi! Flying SW very soon and I paid for EB check-in for our RT flights. So I know we don't have to check in b/c it takes care of it for us. And for our flight to Orlando I can print the boarding passes at home.

What about when we are returning home? I understand we are "checked in", but then do we need to wait until we are at the airport to print our boarding passes? I'm guessing we can't get them printed at the resort? (We are staying POR with a rental car-no DME). Can we check our bags at the curb at MCO and then go to a kiosk to print our boarding passes?

I'm recalling my last trip in March with my sister, she and I flew SW and didn't have boarding passes before we got to the airport and we had to stand in line for over an hour to check our luggage and have our boarding passes printed-so I would like to avoid this at all costs...as you can tell I don't fly very often and I am not very good with the logistics of how all this flows. :)

Thanks for your help and advice!

Hi! Flying SW very soon and I paid for EB check-in for our RT flights. So I know we don't have to check in b/c it takes care of it for us. And for our flight to Orlando I can print the boarding passes at home.

What about when we are returning home? I understand we are "checked in", but then do we need to wait until we are at the airport to print our boarding passes? I'm guessing we can't get them printed at the resort? (We are staying POR with a rental car-no DME). Can we check our bags at the curb at MCO and then go to a kiosk to print our boarding passes?

I'm recalling my last trip in March with my sister, she and I flew SW and didn't have boarding passes before we got to the airport and we had to stand in line for over an hour to check our luggage and have our boarding passes printed-so I would like to avoid this at all costs...as you can tell I don't fly very often and I am not very good with the logistics of how all this flows. :)

Thanks for your help and advice!

So you bought EBCI for both inbound and outbound flight? If so you are good to go. As far as printing passes that can be done at the resort by the concierge. if you have to check in luggage you will need to stand in line anyways so it wouldn't add time.

So you bought EBCI for both inbound and outbound flight? If so you are good to go. As far as printing passes that can be done at the resort by the concierge. if you have to check in luggage you will need to stand in line anyways so it wouldn't add time.

Thanks! Yes, we have EB for going to MCO and leaving MCO. I guess I thought I could only get concierge service at Deluxe-so sweet that I can get it at POR as well (apparently I am not using all the amenities available at WDW resorts)!

Can you do curbside checkin for your luggage so you don't have to wait in line? We have done this in the past (I can't remember why we didn't do this in March-I guess we had a reason? :confused3)

Help.... Does anyone know if I purchased flights with Southwest giftcards and have to cancel and rebook, does the credit just go into my travel funds or does it go back on the giftcards? :confused3 TIA for your help.

Hey all~

The cost of our flights just went down. I went on SW and utilized the new cost. The message said that the difference (only $10 per ticket) was non-refundable. What does that mean?

Thanks!

Hey all~

The cost of our flights just went down. I went on SW and utilized the new cost. The message said that the difference (only $10 per ticket) was non-refundable. What does that mean?

Thanks!

I think you should get SW credit that is good for a year from the original booking date. So you don't get a "refund" (get the $$ back), but you should get credit on your account. HTH

Does anyone know how boarding numbers are assigned for those who have purchased Early Bird Check In? Is it random? By date of ticket purchase? By date of EBCI purchase? We're flying next week, and I didn't buy the EBCI. I'm now having second thoughts, but if it's by date of EBCI purchase, it may not be worth our while. I can check in right at 24 hours before our flight, and there are only two of us traveling.

Apologies if this has been asked before, or elsewhere, but any clues when SW might open bookings past June 1, 2012?
(We're headed to FL in July next year.)

Apologies if this has been asked before, or elsewhere, but any clues when SW might open bookings past June 1, 2012?
(We're headed to FL in July next year.)

Curious about the same thing. I looked this morning and it wouldn't go past the 1st of June. I need the 3rd. Oh well, guess I should be patient. :confused3

Curious about the same thing. I looked this morning and it wouldn't go past the 1st of June. I need the 3rd. Oh well, guess I should be patient. :confused3

Finally found the following on Southwest's site:
"On November 13, we will open our schedule for sale through August 10, 2012. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

I heard that SW now gives free drinks in flight..is that true or do they still use coupons???

I fly SW once a year and I have NEVER paid for a drink or snack. They give a choice of soda, juice, water and a bag of snacks. The snacks change sometimes cookies, peanuts or crackers usually nabisco 100 calorie packs.

I fly Southwest between Northern California and Southern California often (last trip was last month) - I have never been charged for a non-alcoholic beverage. To my knowledge they are not charging for sodas/waters/juices.

You can use credit card/debit card to pay for alcohol - but not cash. You can also use drink coupons for alcohol, but not the old ones. They only accept the new ones with the names printed on them.

Found this on another board. You can get a $25 off code to use for travel between September 8, 2011 and January 30, 2012.
Blackout dates apply November 22 through November 29, 2011, and December 15, 2011 through January 2, 2012. If any portion of travel falls on a blackout date, the discount will not apply.

http://www.visitflorida.com/share/swa.php

I did this a couple years ago and got codes for everyone in my family using different email addresses. Hope this can help someone!

Found this on another board. You can get a $25 off code to use for travel between September 8, 2011 and January 30, 2012.
Blackout dates apply November 22 through November 29, 2011, and December 15, 2011 through January 2, 2012. If any portion of travel falls on a blackout date, the discount will not apply.

I did this a couple years ago and got codes for everyone in my family using different email addresses. Hope this can help someone!

This is great! Thanks!

Do you know how long it takes for them to send out the codes?

This is great! Thanks!

Do you know how long it takes for them to send out the codes?

When they did this promo in July 2010 it took a week or so. I remember I was going to give up and then they all appeared in my emails! It does say on the site it takes 7 days.

Thanks, I just tried it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter