Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I have another question- we paid for early bird check in. Our flight leaves at 6:45 tomorrow morning. I don't have to do anything right? Am I waiting for an email from sw with boarding passes to print? Never flown sw before
You will not get an email. You still need to check in online before your flight to get your boarding pass even with EBCI

Any tips for finding a good deal from SW in January around MLK weekend? A code or other suggestion would be helpful. We're planning to fly out Thursday afternoon and come back on MLK day. While I expected not to get the best deal, the prices from St. Louis to MCO are over $400 a person right now. Any tips? Should I wait a few weeks? I don't wait too long and not get tickets.

Try checking prices the day before and/or after your planned dates. Sometimes they are much cheaper and worth it to extend the stay. Thats is call Disney math! ;)

Try checking prices the day before and/or after your planned dates. Sometimes they are much cheaper and worth it to extend the stay. Thats is call Disney math! ;)

Unfortunately, we're stuck due to my daughter being in school. I did check, however, and they're still not much cheaper. It's crazy to think of spending more than $400 for a ticket in January!

The airlines know it's the holiday. It is also why Disney often doesn't do discounts that weekend as well.

So I have a question for everyone. I booked our roundtrip flights a couple of weeks ago. Today, the return flight dropped $24.00 each. I have paid for earlybird check in for the return flight, but not the departing flight. Can I call and get a credit for the difference and use that credit for earlybird check in for the departing flight? Honestly, I know that the credit has be used within a year, and this is only the 2nd time I have ever flown and the first time for DH. I don't think we will be flying again anytime soon, so I was hoping to be able to use the credit for earlybird check in on the departing flight.

So I have a question for everyone. I booked our roundtrip flights a couple of weeks ago. Today, the return flight dropped $24.00 each. I have paid for earlybird check in for the return flight, but not the departing flight. Can I call and get a credit for the difference and use that credit for earlybird check in for the departing flight? Honestly, I know that the credit has be used within a year, and this is only the 2nd time I have ever flown and the first time for DH. I don't think we will be flying again anytime soon, so I was hoping to be able to use the credit for earlybird check in on the departing flight.

Unless something has changed, Early Bird Check In must be paid by credit card so this won't work for you. Sorry.

Has anyone ever had any luck (or at least tried) getting the expiration date on tickets extended? I was trying to change a flight (booked on points) and it wasn't going through. I kept getting an unusual error message about a problem with my payment method. So I called SW and they told me it was because the new date was 2 days after the original ticket expired. I asked if there was any way to get an extension/accommodation for only 2 days. They said I have to call a separate "Customer Relations" phone number. Just wondering if anyone has tried something similar, and what the result was.

When can I expect to see fares released for end of June 2016? I am assuming end of December?

I currently have flights booked for March, but will be changing them to June...just wondering how long I have to be impatient ;)

Has anyone ever had any luck (or at least tried) getting the expiration date on tickets extended? I was trying to change a flight (booked on points) and it wasn't going through. I kept getting an unusual error message about a problem with my payment method. So I called SW and they told me it was because the new date was 2 days after the original ticket expired. I asked if there was any way to get an extension/accommodation for only 2 days. They said I have to call a separate "Customer Relations" phone number. Just wondering if anyone has tried something similar, and what the result was.

As a follow up...when I called Customer Relations they could not actually extend the expiration of the tickets. They said, since the original tickets were booked with points, though, I could just cancel and re-book with the points without any loss - I'd even get the govt fee/tax refunded she said. When I inquired about losing EBCI...she said she couldn't transfer it over, but she would make an accommodation and refund us for the EBCI and we just had to re-purchase it on the new flights. So kudos to SW customer relations!

I am hoping to book tickets soon, but had a couple questions...

1. Will my whole family be allowed to do the family boarding (myself, my husband, 4 year old, 5 year old), or will it only be the 4 year old and one adult who can go on?

2. At what point in the purchase process do you have the ability to add the Early Bird option? I tried going through the process using my smart phone, and never saw an option to add it. Is it offered after entering credit card info? I stopped at that point bc I was just trying to see....my dates won't actually open until the end of the month.

3. Is it really worth it to get the Early Bird option if I will be online 24 hours before to get my boarding position?

4. Can you only do Early Bird for certain members of your party? I know my 4 year old at least can board early with one adult....so if needed could I just do Early Bird for my 5 year old and my husband?

5. When looking at prices online it doesn't give the option to add children.....I can only purchase tickets as adult tickets. I just wanted to make sure that sounds right...I know the prices are the same for kids and adults, but it feels weird signing my kids up as adults!

I just found out that our return flight on SW (Oct. 31st) is completely sold out (verified on the phone with agent). We did not purchase the Early-Bird Check-In when we booked the tickets almost 5 months ago (I feel sick :sick:)

In your opinion, is it worth it to purchase the EBCI for our family of 4 (ages 13 and up) this late in the game? If so, any guesses on what boarding we are likely to get?

Thanks for you help!

ETA: I've been all over the internet to see if EBCI is worth it and have read several stories where people that didn't use it but that did check-in at exactly the 24 hour mark, got a better boarding position than the EBCI people. Does this happen frequently? I called SW twice and asked what the benefit of EBCI would be and was told that I may get a little better position but the biggest benefit is that I don't have to remember to check-in since the system will do it for me....Is that really the biggest benefit? I am so confused now :confused3 $50 bucks is $50 bucks...

Last edited:
I just found out that our return flight on SW (Oct. 31st) is completely sold out (verified on the phone with agent). We did not purchase the Early-Bird Check-In when we booked the tickets almost 5 months ago (I feel sick :sick:)

In your opinion, is it worth it to purchase the EBCI for our family of 4 (ages 13 and up) this late in the game? If so, any guesses on what boarding we are likely to get?

Thanks for you help!

ETA: I've been all over the internet to see if EBCI is worth it and have read several stories where people that didn't use it but that did check-in at exactly the 24 hour mark, got a better boarding position than the EBCI people. Does this happen frequently? I called SW twice and asked what the benefit of EBCI would be and was told that I may get a little better position but the biggest benefit is that I don't have to remember to check-in since the system will do it for me....Is that really the biggest benefit? I am so confused now :confused3 $50 bucks is $50 bucks...

It's my understanding that they check you in 36 hours prior to the flight, which is 12 hours earlier than "non EBCI" people can check in. This will give you an advantage over others who did not get the EBCI.

Yes, it's $50. To me, $50 is worth a little less stress! If it will help me relax a bit, then I would definitely get the EBCI.

Unfortunately, we're stuck due to my daughter being in school. I did check, however, and they're still not much cheaper. It's crazy to think of spending more than $400 for a ticket in January!

I won't take my son out of school for a week's vacation, but I will definitely take him out for 1 day to leave a day earlier and save a few hundred dollars on airfare!

It's my understanding that they check you in 36 hours prior to the flight, which is 12 hours earlier than "non EBCI" people can check in. This will give you an advantage over others who did not get the EBCI.

Yes, it's $50. To me, $50 is worth a little less stress! If it will help me relax a bit, then I would definitely get the EBCI.

Any guesses as to where we may end up as far as boarding position (with and without the EBCI)? I know it's only a guess but I'm just curious at what we could be looking at with a sold out flight since we've never flown when the flight was full.

It seems to me that anyone that wanted EBCI already purchased it, and then the rest is families with kids 4 and under who don't need to purchase it because of automatic family boarding position. I'd hate to dump $50 if we still end up with the C position, ya know? :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter