• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Aha!!!! I called...it was bugging me. The $10 was applied to the 911 fee and I can convert credit to points, so thats all it could be used for.

Southwest is having a sale this week, for as low as $69.

Purchase from August 14 through August 24, 2012, 11:59 pm Pacific Time.

Travel August 24 through February 13, 2013.

Blackout Dates Apply: November 16 - November 21, November 23 - November 26, December 20 - December 23, and December 26 - January 2, 2013.
Travel valid every day except Sundays.

Offer not available to/from Dayton, OH; Washington D.C. (Dulles); Washington D.C. (Reagan National); Key West, FL; Ft. Myers, FL; West Palm Beach, FL; Des Moines, IA.

Southwest is having a sale this week, for as low as $69.

Purchase from August 14 through August 24, 2012, 11:59 pm Pacific Time.

Travel August 24 through February 13, 2013.

Blackout Dates Apply: November 16 - November 21, November 23 - November 26, December 20 - December 23, and December 26 - January 2, 2013.
Travel valid every day except Sundays.

Offer not available to/from Dayton, OH; Washington D.C. (Dulles); Washington D.C. (Reagan National); Key West, FL; Ft. Myers, FL; West Palm Beach, FL; Des Moines, IA.

Thanks for posting! We meet all of the restrictions, but our flights did not drop in price at all...bummer :(

Confused about these monthly codes everyone is asking about. Are these special code SWA give out randomly or can you earn them.

We are flying in October and I would love to get a code for travel in that month? Can anyone let me know where to find these codes? Thanks!

Also, anyone have any luck with trying to get any unused funds for their children. My teen daughter couldn't go with us last January on a DW trip and she has 75$ in travel funds. It is just hubby and me in October going. Any chance I can use her unused funds which expire in October? Anyone have any luck?

Thanks for posting! We meet all of the restrictions, but our flights did not drop in price at all...bummer :(

Man! I was really hoping I would be helping out someone - especially since I can't use it. I guess I need to travel on Tues or Weds. :(

Southwest is having another sale on September Travel. You have to book by Monday. Go to the site for info. :goodvibes

I booked a flight to MCO for 6 people, one of them being my Mother's friend who has since had to drop out of the trip. My question is, do I have to do anything about the ticket she's not using? I haven't booked return flight yet so I will only be booking 5 then, but can I cancel hers and have a credit applied to use on one of our return tickets? If I do nothing with it, will there be any problems because I booked 6 but there are only 5 people showing up? Or is she the only one who can do anything with it, even though it was charged to my card?

I just don't have a lot of experience with this so just wanted to make sure all my bases are covered. Thanks!

I booked a flight to MCO for 6 people, one of them being my Mother's friend who has since had to drop out of the trip. My question is, do I have to do anything about the ticket she's not using? I haven't booked return flight yet so I will only be booking 5 then, but can I cancel hers and have a credit applied to use on one of our return tickets? If I do nothing with it, will there be any problems because I booked 6 but there are only 5 people showing up? Or is she the only one who can do anything with it, even though it was charged to my card?

I just don't have a lot of experience with this so just wanted to make sure all my bases are covered. Thanks!

She is the one who will get the credit and she has to use it in a years time. So be sure she still pays you for the flight

Any idea of when March 2013 flights will drop in price? Flying from the West Coast and seriously I have never paid more than 120 each way before taxes. Flights now are insane!
:confused3

Any idea of when March 2013 flights will drop in price? Flying from the West Coast and seriously I have never paid more than 120 each way before taxes. Flights now are insane!
:confused3

I'm hoping they come down. We are also going in March. I just paid $375 per person from Dallas to Orlando on Southwest. It use to be that the top price was about $250. I was getting antsy seeing so many of the "wanna get away" fares sold out. I am really hoping I jumped the gun and they will come down. But if they don't I have something on the lower end of what is out now and the flights and days I want. I plan on checking almost every day to see if the prices drop and then making a change to the lower fare

Good Luck on fares!

I received an email for a SWA 25% off sale. Looks like it Use code deal 5, it is a one time use only code. Hope someone can use it!!!

Discount is valid on new reservations and purchase must be made prior to 11:59 pm PST on 9/6/12 for travel on 9/19, 9/26, 10/30, 10/31, 11/7, 12/1, 12/4, 12/5, and 12/11/12.

Has anyone used the SW credit card points. Looks too good to be true. I can open an account and my wife can open one. We both spend the required $1000 and get 4 free flights? All for the $69 annual fee.

Has anyone used the SW credit card points. Looks too good to be true. I can open an account and my wife can open one. We both spend the required $1000 and get 4 free flights? All for the $69 annual fee.

Well. mine was different. I got 50,000 points for opening the card and making 1 purchase.....didn't matter how big or small it was. I have used some of my points already too.

So I am new to SW, never flown it before....... and have never had a credit card with airline miles. So is the current deal for the SW credit card on the SW website of 25,000 points the best deal out there? I am really interested in flying Air Tran so it looks like I could convert my 25,000 points into 21 AT credits which would get me 2 one-way flights on AT (8 credits each). Is that correct? Seems like a lot of work to get (2) one-way flights which may only be worth like $100/each, when what we need is (4) round trip flights....... IDK if it's worth going through that (not a fan of having too many credit cards). if I could get 50,000 I'd do it for sure!

So I am new to SW, never flown it before....... and have never had a credit card with airline miles. So is the current deal for the SW credit card on the SW website of 25,000 points the best deal out there? I am really interested in flying Air Tran so it looks like I could convert my 25,000 points into 21 AT credits which would get me 2 one-way flights on AT (8 credits each). Is that correct? Seems like a lot of work to get (2) one-way flights which may only be worth like $100/each, when what we need is (4) round trip flights....... IDK if it's worth going through that (not a fan of having too many credit cards). if I could get 50,000 I'd do it for sure!

If you can wait, I would. I have had 3 50,000 point offers this year alone. I only took advantage of 1, but I have done 1 round trip for myself and 2 1 ways..and still have quite a few points left. I hope to use it next year for something I am hoping pans out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter