Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Ugh, flights will be released through Oct. 30 in a few weeks. I need a departure flight on Oct. 23 and return flight on Nov. 1. Would it be best to book a one-way for Oct.23 on the day the October flights are released (assuming it will be cheapest that day), and then book another one-way once November flights are released? Or would I get a better deal by waiting and booking round trip, once Nov. flights are released?
They don't include the beginning of Nov.? My DS needs air for end of Oct.-Nov too.

You're not stupid…unless we both are!! I can't find it on their website either! Anyone??

Bumping because I cant either! Can anyone help? We're trying to find where we would fine the total travel credit we would have on Southwest.com...

They don't include the beginning of Nov.? My DS needs air for end of Oct.-Nov too.

We travel in October/November often and this always seems to be the case. Book one-way on February 19th and book your return flight when the next set of dates release. It has never caused us an issue, travel-wise.

Just posting to say, still no 50,000. It must be waiting until the next statement even though the 2,000 purchase points applied.
Did you get your bonus points yet? I got my 2k but not the bonus points. I'm just wandering if I have any hope of getting them before the next statement.

We are looking to book for Sept 15. I see three different rates (sept rates aren't posted, but I'm just looking at end of july/begining of august as a guide).
We wouldn't be business class, so what is the difference between "wanna get away" and "anytime" flying out of baltimore wanna get away is only $115 roundtrip compared to $380 for Anytime. why such a huge price difference? We drove last time we went, but want to fly this time. And $115 per person is a great price. We have 6 people in our family, so that is a HUGE deal pricewise.

We are looking to book for Sept 15. I see three different rates (sept rates aren't posted, but I'm just looking at end of july/begining of august as a guide).
We wouldn't be business class, so what is the difference between "wanna get away" and "anytime" flying out of baltimore wanna get away is only $115 roundtrip compared to $380 for Anytime. why such a huge price difference? We drove last time we went, but want to fly this time. And $115 per person is a great price. We have 6 people in our family, so that is a HUGE deal pricewise.

The details are here: https://www.southwest.com/flight/pop_fareCompare.html?airline=WN

Just wanted to let SWA flyers know what happened to me! Knew flights go down in price about 21/2 months out. Was willing to hold out but many flights were selling out, so I went ahead and booked at a higher than I wanted price! Within the next few days, the price of round trip tickets went down $140 a ticket! And to top that, the flights that were previously sold out, we're now, not! I should of held out!

Just wanted to let SWA flyers know what happened to me! Knew flights go down in price about 21/2 months out. Was willing to hold out but many flights were selling out, so I went ahead and booked at a higher than I wanted price! Within the next few days, the price of round trip tickets went down $140 a ticket! And to top that, the flights that were previously sold out, we're now, not! I should of held out!

Southwest will give you a credit for the price difference if you call them today (you can also rebook you flight online to get the credit).

Is there a particular number to call to get the credit??
I don't think so. I think it is just the regular reservation line. Just let them know you noticed the price dropped and you would like to rebook for the lower price and receive the credit for the difference.

If you do it online you just log into your reservation and "rebook" the trip. The screens will take you through like you are picking a new flight, but just pick your current flight from the list. Did it last year and only took a few minutes.

Is the early bird check in worth it? I will be traveling in Oct. with my husband and daughter (age 9). We've never flown southwest, but hoping they have good prices with they release the October dates in a couple days. So I'm new to the way they check people in and how seating is done. I thought about only purchasing early bird for 2 of the tickets so that hopefully myself or my husband would sit with our daughter. This will be her first time flying and I want to make sure she's sitting with at least one of us. How likely would it be for us to sit together without the early bird check in?

Is the early bird check in worth it? I will be traveling in Oct. with my husband and daughter (age 9). We've never flown southwest, but hoping they have good prices with they release the October dates in a couple days. So I'm new to the way they check people in and how seating is done. I thought about only purchasing early bird for 2 of the tickets so that hopefully myself or my husband would sit with our daughter. This will be her first time flying and I want to make sure she's sitting with at least one of us. How likely would it be for us to sit together without the early bird check in?
That depends on when you check-in, how many people bought early bird check in and/or checked in ahead of you, and whether or not you are on an originating flight or getting on a flight that is already partially full. We always just by EB Check in, so we don't have to worry about it and just figure it into the cost of the flight. That said, if you check in at the 24-hour mark, you are likely to at least find 2 seats together, if not all three, just possibly in the back of the plane.

I've never done Early Bird but have always checked in close to 24 hours and gotten B boarding. We've never had trouble getting 2 or three seats together, but we don't mind going toward the back. Pp has a good point about the number of people doing early bird possibly affecting your boarding group.

Hi all, I have been watching the SW website for weeks and Feb. 19 was the date that flights were supposed to open through Oct 30....I got on at 6am and the date changed to May 16! I called SW and the rep I talked to said that her computer said Feb 19 5 minutes ago...she checked again and sure enough we won't be able to book til May! She told me to check back often since the date is subject to change....just checked again the SW website and now it says May 14. It is normal for the date to change so much?? We have an October Disney trip, but my dad is also buying flights for another trip in late august and it looks like none of us will be able to book tickets til May....

This is what it says now...

We are currently accepting air reservations through October 30, 2015. On May 14, 2015, we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2016. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter