Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I have some Ticketless Travel Funds that I would like to use on an upcoming flight. The flight costs $90 and I have $30 in funds. Can I use the $30 then pay the remaining $60 with my Southwest rewards points?

I've tried buying the ticket using the Reward pts. I am able to add in the the travel funds but they are only applying $5 of the funds to the ticket as this is the only out-of-pocket cost for the flight.

I guess what I am asking is how do I apply the Travel Funds first then pay the remainder my Reward Points?

TIA!:surfweb:

I sure did. I'll have to remember that when I make the flight.

I'm not sure it will work for you. On Southwest's site it says, "Unused travel funds may only be applied toward the purchase of future travel for the individual named on the ticket."

In February I called Southwest to see if I could cancel the flight I bought for my sister using my credit card and have that credit put on my name. I was told that it didn't matter who purchased the tickets. If her tickets were cancelled, then the credit would be in her name and only she could use it, even though it was on my credit card.

If you called, maybe SW would make an exception, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. On a different message board there are instances where people find out that someone in their group who they bought a ticket for is now unable to travel and will most likely never be able to do so again, or at least not within the year, so the credit in that person's name is useless. SW still refused to transfer those credits to the purchaser. Good luck and let us know if it works for you. :)

Jenseib: Please let us know how it turns out.

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed though.

I'm not sure it will work for you. On Southwest's site it says, "Unused travel funds may only be applied toward the purchase of future travel for the individual named on the ticket."

In February I called Southwest to see if I could cancel the flight I bought for my sister using my credit card and have that credit put on my name. I was told that it didn't matter who purchased the tickets. If her tickets were cancelled, then the credit would be in her name and only she could use it, even though it was on my credit card.

If you called, maybe SW would make an exception, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. On a different message board there are instances where people find out that someone in their group who they bought a ticket for is now unable to travel and will most likely never be able to do so again, or at least not within the year, so the credit in that person's name is useless. SW still refused to transfer those credits to the purchaser. Good luck and let us know if it works for you. :)

My friend told me today that she tried to do this a month ago and they told her no as well...and she is one who usually gets lucky with this kind of stuff.

Does anyone know if you can buy (and earn points) with store gift cards using the southwest visa? Thinking about purchasing some walmart gift cards for presents if that counts.

Good Morning! My September flight from Orlando to Baltimore, has gone down in price today, from $146 to $107.80. So make sure you check your flights today too, so you can get a credit! Good Luck!!!! :banana:

Upper Right corner of SWA webpage:
Travel Tools drop down pick All Travel tools.

Where do I look to find out when flights will go on sale for the end of march?

Travel Tools

We are currently accepting air reservations through March 8, 2013. On August 27, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through April 12, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

HTH

Does anyone know if there are any promo codes for December (travel dates are for 10-17) or have any? I know MyCokeRewards had something, but you had to travel by November :( Trying to get my flights from New Orleans to Orlando and back for as cheap as possible! Thanks!

I'm familiar with AT's reward system but no so much as to SWA's version.

I've searched the conversion site and don't see my question answered thought i'd try it here 1st.:)

DH & I are both close to 16 AT rewards that we plan on converting to SWA for a RT flight 'voucher' - if that is the correct term.

My Questions:

1) It's my understanding that unlike AT as long as there is an open seat I can book it?

2) the points in our AT account have an earliest expiry date of 6/13. If I convert to a SWA voucher 12/12 will it be valid to travel until 12/13 or 6/13?

Anything else i'm missing?

ATTENTION!!! Southwest is having a 50% sale TODAY ONLY for it's facebook fans. It must be a round trip ticket. Discount is valid only on new reservations and purchase must be made on August 3, 2012 for travel on 9/5, 9/11, 9/18, 9/25, 10/2, 10/31, or 11/6/12.

Our family of six is planning our first Disney trip in October... I would like to fly Southwest but the prices are running higher than Delta right now. I tried to find the Coke Rewards coupon with no luck. How do you get a Southwest promo code?
We are not well seasoned travelers, from your experience, when is the best time to book a flight? (How long before you travel?)
Thanks so much!

Wondering if anyone had a code that they aren't using for travel this month?

Thanks!

I have a code but it wasn't printed this month. I thought I was going to need it but used points instead. You are more than welcome to it if it's still usable. I'm not at home right now but can send it to you when i do get back home later today, just let me know.

I have a code but it wasn't printed this month. I thought I was going to need it but used points instead. You are more than welcome to it if it's still usable. I'm not at home right now but can send it to you when i do get back home later today, just let me know.

Sure, just send me a PM and I'll try it out . . .THANKS!

You can't use a code with points?

I have a question. I booked a SW flight yesterday. I had $30 credit from another flight and then I was going to book the rest on points. Well I went and applied my credit and it only applied $10 of the $30 to my flight. It's all my credit, not share with someone else. and it says I still have $20 left...why is that? Then on top of that, it didn't even reduce the amount of points that were used. Should I call in and ask about it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter