Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

:wave2: Hi fellow DISers we have a problem booking a SWA flight and hope that someone could help us:

How many unused travel funds/ credits can you use when you book a new flight? We have 2 travel credits from the same confirmation # for our flights from June to MCO (fares came down twice) and we would like to apply to our new flight reservation for a trip in september. There is two of us so we've applied four funds between the two of us and added the credit card info for the remaining balance.

The system then gives us an error message "Please remove one of the other Payment types in order to use a credit card."

We are not sure what went wrong when we try to apply the credits.:confused3

I am not an expert on this...but you might have to pay with all points?

I'd like to know the answer to that as well. My mom is a member and it would be great if we can all get the discount.

ETA: I talked to my mom about this and went online to AARP's web site. They only use Expedia for booking flights. Unfortunately, Expedia (and those like it) do not use SW or JetBlue. I'm not willing to pay mid $300's to over $500 on a non-stop flight to Orlando that I can get through SW for $142 or Jet Blue for $128 right now.

Thanks for information!!!! :thumbsup2

Southwest's new sale doesn't include my city :( I'm trying to extend my trip a day and need their fares to drop some. Hopefully it will happen! Right now tickets are $192, I need then to be $160 or less; here's keeping my fingers crossed :)

We booked 4 tickets from Chicago to MCO at $107, now they are $77... is there a way I can get a $30 credit for each person and then use that $30 for our return trip?

We booked 4 tickets from Chicago to MCO at $107, now they are $77... is there a way I can get a $30 credit for each person and then use that $30 for our return trip?

Glad your tickets went down in price! I checked mine today (from Baltimore), but no luck! Will keep checking though!

So we have 4 credits of $30, SW payment system doesn't let me use all 4 and a credit card (limit 4 payment types)... what are my options to get 4 MCO to MDW tickets?

HHSTigerFan said:
So we have 4 credits of $30, SW payment system doesn't let me use all 4 and a credit card (limit 4 payment types)... what are my options to get 4 MCO to MDW tickets?

Can u split the purchase? For instance if you're booking for 4 people can u purchase for 2 under 1 purchase and then make another purchase for the other 2?

Can u split the purchase? For instance if you're booking for 4 people can u purchase for 2 under 1 purchase and then make another purchase for the other 2?

Just seems like I should be nervous about buying two, then go to buy the other two and the flight is sold out...no?

Please forgive me if this has been asked a thousand times, but search isn't much help with this... I know that the rules for SW cancelled flight credit has changed since I used it a couple of years ago. If I book 2 tickets for my Mom and I together and then I have to cancel both tickets, can I use the credit all myself for my own tickets in the future or does SW make my Mom's credit only available to her for the future and I can only use my own portion? Thanks in advance for any help!

Only she can use it and it has to be used with in a year of purchase date.

That is what I thought... bummer! I was hoping if I was the one buying the tickets, then they would still be under one credit code that I could use. Thanks for the help!

Just CALL Southwest, explain what you want to do, The folks on the phone can do quite a bit more than you can do on the website especially when using flight credits.

Please forgive me if this has been asked a thousand times, but search isn't much help with this... I know that the rules for SW cancelled flight credit has changed since I used it a couple of years ago. If I book 2 tickets for my Mom and I together and then I have to cancel both tickets, can I use the credit all myself for my own tickets in the future or does SW make my Mom's credit only available to her for the future and I can only use my own portion? Thanks in advance for any help!

Once again CALL southwest 1-800-IFLYSWA, What Southwest did when they changed the ticket reuse rules was for a couple of reasons

1 - TSA security rules,
2 - Prevent people from SELLING reward tickets.

Since you PAID for the tickets your CC is associated with both PNR's and SWA will be able to assist you over the phone.

There used to be a entire industry on Craigslist reselling SWA award tickets and this was both a security nightmare and as SWA saw it revenue being diverted out of their pockets.

On the security nightmare in the paper ticket days - I had earned a reward flight and called SWA about where's my ticket and turned out it had been used so it was filched from the mail. The upshot was I never got the free flight I earned and a while later turned out a mail sorter was grabbing tickets and reselling them but as far as SWA was concerned ticket had been 'used' I probably could have gotten a re-issue but it would just be too much work because I would have to prove ticket was stolen and who stole it etc,etc,etc.

Now even if the ticket was stolen it's no good to anybody but the original purchaser or named passenger.

So they changed the rules and pretty much made it so only people who PAID for the ticket OR the person NAMED on the ticket could use ticketless travel funds.

I dont work for SWA I just fly them every week for business.

So you are saying that if I cal lSW and ask to have a credit applied to my flight that I paid for for my DD I could possibly have it used for my flight. I hve a $30 credit for each of us. I plan to fly in Sept, but DD will not be going with me. So it could be possible to have all $60 applied to my flight alone?

So you are saying that if I cal lSW and ask to have a credit applied to my flight that I paid for for my DD I could possibly have it used for my flight. I hve a $30 credit for each of us. I plan to fly in Sept, but DD will not be going with me. So it could be possible to have all $60 applied to my flight alone?

As long as YOU paid for DD's ticket I don't see why not.

Jenseib: Please let us know how it turns out.

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter