• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post a picture of your server

Disneycruise199.jpg

Our Waiter, on left, was Edwin from the Phillipines and our asst, with the kids, was Tode (toady) from Serbia. They were both awesome and we were extremely pleased with their service!:cheer2:

This is Fitz (Jamaica), along with my friends son, Michael ~they absolutely adored each other, I think if Michael could have stayed with Fitz for the whole cruise he would have!~. Fitz is my all time favorite person (with the exception of my dh and mm) on the Magic.

fitz.jpg

He was our server in 2002 and 2006 (in 2004 - we did not know that you could request your server ~ but we did manage to see him one night at the dessert buffet). We have requested him for our upcoming trip, but hear that he is a head server now... We shall see....

Fitz goes way above and beyond... in 2002, on our honeymoon, we were at a table with 4 other hm'ing couples. One of the 1st nights, we ordered some sort of cheese appetizer... when they came, nobody liked them - the cheese smelled like feet... Fitz explained that it was supposed to be like that and asked if we were expecting mozzarella sticks (if a funny, sarcastic sort of way)... we laughed and said yes then we all asked if the chef could make us some... he laughed and returned with our entrees.... Our first stop (St. Martin) was great and when we went to dinner that night we noticed a covered dish in the middle of the table that Fitz would not let us touch... After our meal, he opened it up for us and there were some mozzarella sticks... we do not know if he managed to get one of the chefs to make them or if he bought them on the island... This is just one example of how Fitz has made our cruises ever more wonderful experiences than they already would have been...

q9040001_21.sized.jpg

We had Clive as a server several years ago and he is certainly our all time favorite server on ANY cruise. We did not have him with Vivian, but with Sandra, who we also liked a lot, but I think she may not work with DCL anymore. We are always excited to see Clive again & remarkably he seems to remember us years later!

Witt (above) was our server on our last cruise & he was just amazing, entertaining the kids with his magic tricks and just a genuinely nice guy to talk to.

I'm happy to see others have enjoyed them as well.

This is Arnold. On our first cruise in 2004 he was our server. Now he is a head server and is still a great guy. DCL needs to give him a raise!!

Arnold.jpg

This is Arnold. On our first cruise in 2004 he was our server. Now he is a head server and is still a great guy. DCL needs to give him a raise!!

That was our head server as well!

To be honest, our servers were efficient and nice, but not very memorable. :(

To be honest, our servers were efficient and nice, but not very memorable. :(

that is too bad...every night my 5 year old daughter wanted to see a different character and our waiter, Edwin, would use the napkins to make it happen...he made a Peter Pan hat and turned my son into Pan..Goofy ears and hat on DS again and then when asked for Minnie he turned the napkin into a huge bow and set it on her head!! She was thrilled

Dang, when I saw the thread title i was going to take a picture of my server rack and post it. Great minds think alike:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Gawd! -> I must be a geek this is what I thought people were looking for... and I'm kind of dissapointed we actually meant the great people that helped us on the ship.....

Assistant Server Danielo from The Philippines on the left and Server Leslie from India on the right from our MAGICal 5 day cruise last week. Danielo got off the ship Saturday morning to start his two month vacation and Leslie stayed onboard for dry dock. Both of these men were fantastic. One night my DW said she was going to go to deck 9 to get some soft serve ice cream after dinner. While the rest of us at the table were waiting for our desserts to be delivered, Leslie ran up to deck 9 and got my DW a big bowl of soft serve ice cream, she was floored when she saw the "full" bowl. I wish I had taken a pic of it, but we were too busy enjoying it!!!!!

2360625320026317863S600x600Q85.jpg

Yolande from South Africa was our Head Server last week. She was so sweet and stopped by our table each night to make sure everything was the way we liked it.

2924878400026317863S600x600Q85.jpg

This isn't the best picture, but our servers were Lito and Nino from the Phillipines and they were wonderful.

IMG_1357.jpg

DSC08163.jpg

The first night we were at Palo, excellent service.
Next morning, we went to Lumieres and met them. Not only them, but the whole team had a chemistry going and they were just great and we got high expectation for our "real" servers. Unfortunately, it was not too magical.

I made copies of this picture at Shutters and right after I had copies, we went to Parrot Cay for lunch and voila! We meet again. Again, the whole team was just wonderful.

We are hoping we meet these guys in the picture again some day.

Ironically or not, when we got home we saw the recording of Making DCL on TV for the 10th time and my DH found THE server of ours. He looked really young in that movie, so he must have been w/ DCL for a long time, but that service for a veteran...

BTW, nice thread! It brings back the good memories. Oh, I miss Disney Cruise so much.:sad:

Here's Cyprian and Beethoven, both so much fun! Does anyone know if they're still there?
IMG_0566.jpg

Here's Cyprian and Beethoven, both so much fun! Does anyone know if they're still there?
IMG_0566.jpg

Beethoven was our server last Friday, in Lumiere's, for lunch during our 5 day cruise........;)

oh thanks Andy, did you happen to see Cyprian hanging around? They were awesome. How are you feeling now?

oh thanks Andy, did you happen to see Cyprian hanging around? They were awesome. How are you feeling now?

Sorry no, I didn't see Cyprian.

Started feeling better on Monday and feeling better with each passing day, thanks for asking!!! ;)

This is Fitz (Jamaica), along with my friends son, Michael ~they absolutely adored each other, I think if Michael could have stayed with Fitz for the whole cruise he would have!~. Fitz is my all time favorite person (with the exception of my dh and mm) on the Magic.

fitz.jpg

He was our server in 2002 and 2006 (in 2004 - we did not know that you could request your server ~ but we did manage to see him one night at the dessert buffet). We have requested him for our upcoming trip, but hear that he is a head server now... We shall see....

Fitz goes way above and beyond... in 2002, on our honeymoon, we were at a table with 4 other hm'ing couples. One of the 1st nights, we ordered some sort of cheese appetizer... when they came, nobody liked them - the cheese smelled like feet... Fitz explained that it was supposed to be like that and asked if we were expecting mozzarella sticks (if a funny, sarcastic sort of way)... we laughed and said yes then we all asked if the chef could make us some... he laughed and returned with our entrees.... Our first stop (St. Martin) was great and when we went to dinner that night we noticed a covered dish in the middle of the table that Fitz would not let us touch... After our meal, he opened it up for us and there were some mozzarella sticks... we do not know if he managed to get one of the chefs to make them or if he bought them on the island... This is just one example of how Fitz has made our cruises ever more wonderful experiences than they already would have been...

We were on the EB repo and saw Fitz. He was our server in Nov of 2005 with Dennis Pe as the assistant. We love him too, he is now a Head Server and doing well.

Oliver and Kendall were our servers back in 2006. DS loved Olli and his Magic tricks.

DSC_31223279-1-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter