Possible travel late August

Which Walgreens did you go to? I guess I’ll try Uber to take me thru the drive thru.
you booked it online right? How far ahead did you have to book?

Booked online a couple of days ahead, used the hotel zip code and just picked the closest location that had times that worked for us. Irlo Bronson somewhere, I think. DH was driving so I didn’t pay attention.

Re: Pearson and checking paperwork, it was a Saturday morning, and relatively busy for the times, so they had multiple spots in the succession of lines where a Pearson (or maybe AC?) staffer would check a part of your paperwork and then initial it. Then, the actual US border guy looked at all of it to verify everything was initialed. Not a full read-through like the previous people, just a glance to see that it had been checked. Lots of people didn’t have their correct paperwork. :-(

Re: Nexus at MCO, they had TSA Pre-Check lines, but for some reason we didn’t get the tag on our boarding passes so we had to go through the regular line. Maybe because we were on Frontier to Buffalo? No idea.

Booked online a couple of days ahead, used the hotel zip code and just picked the closest location that had times that worked for us. Irlo Bronson somewhere, I think. DH was driving so I didn’t pay attention.

Re: Pearson and checking paperwork, it was a Saturday morning, and relatively busy for the times, so they had multiple spots in the succession of lines where a Pearson (or maybe AC?) staffer would check a part of your paperwork and then initial it. Then, the actual US border guy looked at all of it to verify everything was initialed. Not a full read-through like the previous people, just a glance to see that it had been checked. Lots of people didn’t have their correct paperwork. :-(

Re: Nexus at MCO, they had TSA Pre-Check lines, but for some reason we didn’t get the tag on our boarding passes so we had to go through the regular line. Maybe because we were on Frontier to Buffalo? No idea.
Wow! Seems like a lot. Can’t you just show them your Nexus card and go thru pre check?
what kind of paper work to go to US? We need Covid test results, that attestation form, anything else? I’ll be going thru US customs in Vancouver.

Wow! Seems like a lot. Can’t you just show them your Nexus card and go thru pre check?

Generally, the pre-check indicator needs to show on your boarding pass. Sometimes, they'll let you through anyway on the Canadian end. At MCO, we've never been able to use the pre-check lines without the indicator on the boarding passes.

what kind of paper work to go to US? We need Covid test results, that attestation form, anything else? I’ll be going thru US customs in Vancouver.

Those two, plus proper ID and boarding passes. It's amazing how many people show up to the airport without having done any research at all about what is required to travel right now. No attestation forms was the most common missing item.

Generally, the pre-check indicator needs to show on your boarding pass. Sometimes, they'll let you through anyway on the Canadian end. At MCO, we've never been able to use the pre-check lines without the indicator on the boarding passes.

Those two, plus proper ID and boarding passes. It's amazing how many people show up to the airport without having done any research at all about what is required to travel right now. No attestation forms was the most common missing item.
Only need the attestation form entering U.S. right? Not at MCO going home?

Does Walgreens only do Drive-thru?

Update: Our Ds12 second dose appt is now moved up to July 23 and DH and I go next week for ours. This means we will be fully vaccinated much sooner than I thought and so we kept our Disney world reservation Aug 15-22. I actually booked flights as well using Aeroplan miles as the bookings are fully refundable (if booked before July 31) up to 2 hrs before flight. Also it includes complimentary Covid insurance. The flights are round trip Toronto-Orlando.
We would actually prefer to drive to stop in NC for a couple of nights and to have the car to get the covid test done near Disney, but obviously at this point that’s not a possibility. We chose the dates (to arrive back on Aug 22) in order to have full 2 weeks before school starts and possibly hockey tryouts. Even if we are fully vaccinated, will places still screen and deny you entry if you’ve travelled in the last 14 days? This is my thought process right now. I’m excited and not at the same time. All the extra things to think about, and even things like... how will we tour with no fast pass, etc. Don’t know where to start now. The trip is potentially 47 days away and we’d normally have all this figured out! I’m cautiously optimistic at this point. Will be following these threads carefully. Once again thanks to everyone for the advice, let’s keep it going. I’ll share our journey as well!

Does anyone know if we needed the test for rentry to Canada by air but would be on a cruise prior to departure, if it would be possible to get a test on our way from Port Canaveral to MCO, would this work/do they have immediate/30 min result places?

Does anyone know if we needed the test for rentry to Canada by air but would be on a cruise prior to departure, if it would be possible to get a test on our way from Port Canaveral to MCO, would this work/do they have immediate/30 min result places?
You would need the rapid PCR test- they do have it at MCO but it’s fairly costly.

You would need the rapid PCR test- they do have it at MCO but it’s fairly costly.
And apparently it's not always available. I've read some nightmares on here of people having to change flights because MCO ran out of PCR tests!

DD and I will both be fully vaccinated by our planned August trip. I was just on the Walgreen's site (closest to Animal Kingdom), and it says that when you arrive you must "show your confirmation email, a valid state ID or driver's license, and insurance card or voucher". I would be interested in feedback from those who have used Walgreen's for COVID testing as to how they satisfied this requirement.

DD and I will both be fully vaccinated by our planned August trip. I was just on the Walgreen's site (closest to Animal Kingdom), and it says that when you arrive you must "show your confirmation email, a valid state ID or driver's license, and insurance card or voucher". I would be interested in feedback from those who have used Walgreen's for COVID testing as to how they satisfied this requirement.

Lots of details and first hand reports in the other threads in this forum…look for the Air Travel and Land Border threads.

Ugh this wou;d be amazing if I knew it was a for sure thing-even if I had to to pay a surcharge, but knowing they may run out is terrifying. Do you know what company/website that offers this so I may look into it more?

Ugh this wou;d be amazing if I knew it was a for sure thing-even if I had to to pay a surcharge, but knowing they may run out is terrifying. Do you know what company/website that offers this so I may look into it more?
It's most definitely NOT a sure thing at MCO and I'm living proof. It's run by AdventHealth so you would have thought it would be a no brainer but they don't care -- left me and everyone else flying out that day that needed a PCR test hanging (didnt bother to have extra PCR kits on hand even though we booked appointments in advance and never bothered to call anyone in advance). I will NEVER do day of testing again -- if a person is coming back from a cruise I would look into the Walgreens one but even with that I would still book another day just to make sure there are no issues. I've done 5 trips btw 08/20 & 06/21 to WDW/Universal so I think I've gone through all the iterations both the US & Cdn gov't have required for travelers and quite frankly testing to come back has been the worst part in my opinion (yes even worse than the hotel quarantine).
It won't let me post the link but if u google MCO covid testing; centracare.adventhealth comes up. Think there's even a link on MCO's website.

It's most definitely NOT a sure thing at MCO and I'm living proof. It's run by AdventHealth so you would have thought it would be a no brainer but they don't care -- left me and everyone else flying out that day that needed a PCR test hanging (didnt bother to have extra PCR kits on hand even though we booked appointments in advance and never bothered to call anyone in advance). I will NEVER do day of testing again -- if a person is coming back from a cruise I would look into the Walgreens one but even with that I would still book another day just to make sure there are no issues. I've done 5 trips btw 08/20 & 06/21 to WDW/Universal so I think I've gone through all the iterations both the US & Cdn gov't have required for travelers and quite frankly testing to come back has been the worst part in my opinion (yes even worse than the hotel quarantine).
It won't let me post the link but if u google MCO covid testing; centracare.adventhealth comes up. Think there's even a link on MCO's website.
Thanks for the info! You mention Walgreens, do they also offer day of PCR, I thought I checked and only antigen was day of? Also, do you know if you have to prepay for these at Walgreens and Advent? I wonder if I booked at Walgreens as well as Advent at MCO, if between the two we would have a pretty good chance of making this work..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter