• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

possible to change room occupants?

NHPeter

Earning My Ears
We (my wife and I) are going in October with our kid's families. We are planning to stay in a 2 bedroom villa from a Saturday through the following Sunday with our son and his family. We are also planning for the 2 of us to stay in a studio on Friday. Our daugher and her family can only stay Saturday and Sunday, also in a studio.

Our question is, can we reserve a studio for 3 nights with DVC points and stay in it Friday and then have our daughter's family use the room for Sat/Sunday when we have moved into the 2 bedroom? This way we will have access to the room all day on Saturday without our checking out and her checking in?

thanks

We (my wife and I) are going in October with our kid's families. We are planning to stay in a 2 bedroom villa from a Saturday through the following Sunday with our son and his family. We are also planning for the 2 of us to stay in a studio on Friday. Our daugher and her family can only stay Saturday and Sunday, also in a studio.

Our question is, can we reserve a studio for 3 nights with DVC points and stay in it Friday and then have our daughter's family use the room for Sat/Sunday when we have moved into the 2 bedroom? This way we will have access to the room all day on Saturday without our checking out and her checking in?

thanks
I don't see why not. Maybe use their names on the reservation for the whole Fri-Sun? The only thing I see that might be a problem is if you were planning on using the dining plan.

We've got a 2 bedroom in July with 5 people staying all week and 6 others coming and going in shifts; not all at once. I've got 9 people on the reservation and was told to just notify the main desk about who is leaving when, and who is coming in after that.

thanks
This should not be a problem unless you are planning the DDP for that villa. IF you would be under the occupancy with all people combined, just list them all. Otherwise list as many as you can starting with at least one adult from each family component. Then if you need to change the occupants at the front desk after the first night, just let them know.

DH and I moved from a 2BR to a 1 BR our DD was vacating. The room was booked for several more days. We just went to the front desk with her to let them know she was leaving and we were moving in. We got our new room keys and didn't have to wait for a new room.

By having a single reservation, there will not be any cleaning between occupants. You can pay for a full cleaning in a studio for $30. -- Suzanne

Thanks for asking this, was going to post a similar question myself. My wife, daughter and I will be staying in a 1 BR @ BLT on our next trip, but will have two sets of grandparents visiting us over the time that we'll be there at different times.

Thanks for asking this, was going to post a similar question myself. My wife, daughter and I will be staying in a 1 BR @ BLT on our next trip, but will have two sets of grandparents visiting us over the time that we'll be there at different times.

As one set leaves let the front desk know then have the arriving set sign in and get their room keys. As long as you are not over occupancy you'll be fine.

Wow, I never knew it was an option to change occupants mid stay. That will come in handy in the future. Thanks!

Wow, I never knew it was an option to change occupants mid stay. That will come in handy in the future. Thanks!

We have done this often. We always pay for a cleaning inbetween guests though to make sure we get clean bedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter