Possible new job in Tampa -- need help!

We're back. Put an offer in while we were down in FL and waiting to see if it all pulls together.

While we were in Lakeland we checked out Lake Mirror, Lake Hollingsworth, Lake Morton and the swans, Munn Park, Lakeside Village, the mall, a furniture store, Smokey Bones, Palace Pizza, a Walmart on the southside, the GoodWill Store (DH dragged me in -- he loves a deal), etc.

I think we'll be really happy there, if all works out!

Lakeside Village, Palace Pizza, Munn Park, and Smokey Bones...all favorites..Glad you had a good time in our little neck of the woods...hopefully it all works out...what part of town did u place the offer on?

We're back. Put an offer in while we were down in FL and waiting to see if it all pulls together.

While we were in Lakeland we checked out Lake Mirror, Lake Hollingsworth, Lake Morton and the swans, Munn Park, Lakeside Village, the mall, a furniture store, Smokey Bones, Palace Pizza, a Walmart on the southside, the GoodWill Store (DH dragged me in -- he loves a deal), etc.

Hope it works out for ya! I love Lake Morton and the swans. Have many found memories as a child going out there. Heck we still go out and feed the swans. In fact need to do that before weather gets too hot.

And just think you will be very close to Disney as well lol!

Sounds great..hope it works out for you guys! :)

Can any of you Floridians guide me in my hunt for homeowners and car insurance? Any preferred companies? Any to stay away from?

Hi!

Sorry, today is the first day I've read this thread.

I live in Land O Lakes. I know you are planning on settling in Lakeland.

It's good you are considering buying over in the Polk County area instead of Hillsborough. The millage rate in Hillsborough County was one thing that drove us to look a bit farther north. The rate is almost 10% cheaper here in Pasco County than in Hillsborough.

As far as sink holes go, Florida has sinkholes. I meet a lot of people because of my profession. There are sinkholes all over Florida, not a larger concentration in Land O Lakes versus Valrico versus Lakeland.

A coworker had a sinkhole and she lives in south Tampa, another lives in Valrico, another in Sebring, another in Lakeland.

We use AAA for homeowners and USAA for car insurance.

If you are down here now, careful heading west, the Plant City Strawberry Festival really screws up trarffic over there.

We chose Land O Lakes due to school ratings. Here and an area in south Tampa that feeds into Plant High School rated higher than anywhere else in a 45 mile radius. The asking price of the homes in south Tampa couples with the millage rate put me off. North we went! It takes me about 30 minutes to get here from Temple Terrace.

Good luck and congratulations!

P.S. I LOVE Cracker Barrel! Mmmm!

I just read your original post. My bff (who is originally from Jersey) works in Tampa and lives in Lithia, FL within the TampBay area. The development is called FishHawk Ranch. Everytime we go visit her, the place is simply amazing! Schools, shopping, restaurants, playgrounds, an aquatic center, tennis courts, etc. can all be found in this community.

Because of the recent home foreclosures, 500K homes are as low as 150K (I believe your price range). Take a look at their site, fishhawkranch dotcom (hope I don't get flamed :scared1:

Best of luck to both your hubby and the house hunting. (I'm originally from NY & we have been living in Central FL almost 6yrs now & have no plans going back north :woohoo:

Thanks for the continuing responses. We've found a house -- in Lakeland -- and should have the fully signed paperwork today. The good thing is that my DH will rent it until our house in NJ sells and we can close down there. Two birds, one stone. He should be headed down mid- to late-March. I'll be stuck here until the house sells.

Thanks for the continuing responses. We've found a house -- in Lakeland -- and should have the fully signed paperwork today. The good thing is that my DH will rent it until our house in NJ sells and we can close down there. Two birds, one stone. He should be headed down mid- to late-March. I'll be stuck here until the house sells.

Yay! Thats great news. :banana: Sorry you have to wait till house sells to get down here. Hopefully it will sell very quickly for you guys!

Congrats on the new home! I hope you all can sell your NJ home soon and get settled in FL.

We are considering moving to FishHawk in the next couple months and I'll be down house hunting in 2 weeks. Very exciting. Your thread provided a lot of good information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter