Possible move to Central FL--who knows real estate?

MKCP5

DIS Veteran
I lost my job due to Covid and have had a terrible time getting another job on a similar level and pay scale as what I lost. I applied for a job a couple of weeks ago and they called me for an interview. They asked if I realized the job was in Orlando (I did not) and I said I would still be interested (DH and I have discussed possibly moving south at some point, our kids are grown and launched, and he is very unhappy in his job and ready for change) I have had my initial interview and it went really well. I don't know if it will all come together, but I have started poking around a little at homes in the area. I am really clear that housing all over the US is crazy right now, but I am wondering what communities in the LBV area are fairly reasonable. We don't need to worry about school systems or anything like that. We should make a large profit on our home if we sell and could take a small mortgage. We wouldn't be looking for something large or in a gated community or anything. We are ready to downsize and just want something comfortable with an extra bedroom or two for visitors. Thoughts?

I lost my job due to Covid and have had a terrible time getting another job on a similar level and pay scale as what I lost. I applied for a job a couple of weeks ago and they called me for an interview. They asked if I realized the job was in Orlando (I did not) and I said I would still be interested (DH and I have discussed possibly moving south at some point, our kids are grown and launched, and he is very unhappy in his job and ready for change) I have had my initial interview and it went really well. I don't know if it will all come together, but I have started poking around a little at homes in the area. I am really clear that housing all over the US is crazy right now, but I am wondering what communities in the LBV area are fairly reasonable. We don't need to worry about school systems or anything like that. We should make a large profit on our home if we sell and could take a small mortgage. We wouldn't be looking for something large or in a gated community or anything. We are ready to downsize and just want something comfortable with an extra bedroom or two for visitors. Thoughts?
Have you checked out any of the Moving to Orlando video podcasts? Some of them feature outstanding properties that are just fun to tour vicariously but many of them offer insight to communities around Orlando.

Not much reasonable close to Disney. Maybe you could still find something reasonable in Clermont or Davenport but Orlando real estate has been going crazy the last year especially...

I was going to say the same thing, also I see a lot of post on the subject if you search it.
We always rent first when we move for a job, because I want to make sure I like the area the job etc.

Yes. That is our thought if this comes together. To rent for 6 months or a year, find an area we like, see if the real estate market settles down, then buy

Have you checked out any of the Moving to Orlando video podcasts? Some of them feature outstanding properties that are just fun to tour vicariously but many of them offer insight to communities around Orlando.

I have not seen those. I will check them out. Thank you!

We moved to Seminole county last year for my husband's job. We ended up in Winter Springs but built our home because we couldn't find any existing homes for sale that met our needs. Our home increased in value over $30K from the time we signed our contract and actually closed. Real Estate here is insanity. That said, we love the area we are in because we are away from the tourist hustle and bustle, but still close enough to get our Disney and Universal fixes (we're about 40 minutes to Disney and 40 minutes to New Smyrna Beach). That said my husband works in Lake Mary so taking a look at where you will be working and your commute is also important - Orlando traffic is no joke.

We moved to Seminole county last year for my husband's job. We ended up in Winter Springs but built our home because we couldn't find any existing homes for sale that met our needs. Our home increased in value over $30K from the time we signed our contract and actually closed. Real Estate here is insanity. That said, we love the area we are in because we are away from the tourist hustle and bustle, but still close enough to get our Disney and Universal fixes (we're about 40 minutes to Disney and 40 minutes to New Smyrna Beach). That said my husband works in Lake Mary so taking a look at where you will be working and your commute is also important - Orlando traffic is no joke.

Thank you. Real estate is so crazy everywhere. We'd love to sell even if we don't end up in FL because we just don't need such a large house. But then we'd have to buy again in out area and it's nuts! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter