Possible good news for offsiters and FP+

Though I am DVC I really hope Disney gives offsite guests the same FP perks as onsite guest. Just feel it is the right thing to do.

Just saw a post from someone offsite who was picked while at the parks to "test" FP+ and online booking.
Baby steps...pixiedust:

We just got back. I found the biggest mistake fast pass users were making is not checking the standby lines. If you have a FP for a ride and stand by is 10 min. Earlier, go for it and change the FP to something else. We also saw people using their FP for say the anemone show at AK at the same time as standby we're walk ups. Why not save the. FP and use the stand by line? We did this several times using our I phone. BTW, wifi in the parks was very slow.

The 2014 Vacation Planning DVD also supports that offsite will have access to prebooking. When they describe the FP+ service, they describe it as "planning from home" (aka prebooking). They then go on to say that the FP+ service is included with your theme park admission.

I think Disney has made it pretty clear that they intend for all guests to be able to prebook...coupled with the testing reported from some in other threads of staying offsite and being selected to test FP+ (including prebooking), I think it's good news for all offsite guests!

vicb, I hope to get my Under Cover Tourist tickets in the mail today and will enter them into my MDE acct. On today's home page of MDE it states I am 66 days away. I am staying at The Swan 4-21 to 4-29. Since no one knows for sure when off-siters will be able to pre-book, I plan on trying every day, from now until we leave for the airport, if need be!

TC :cool1:

We are arriving 4/14. I have my tickets linked and ADR booked so was hopeful when I got the "Your FP+ window will be available 2/13". Now, I'm just depressed. I can't imagine doing the parks during Easter week without the ability to prebook when so many others will be able to choose in advance. We may be skipping the Disney parks this trip.

We are arriving 4/14. I have my tickets linked and ADR booked so was hopeful when I got the "Your FP+ window will be available 2/13". Now, I'm just depressed. I can't imagine doing the parks during Easter week without the ability to prebook when so many others will be able to choose in advance. We may be skipping the Disney parks this trip.

I'm in the same boat as you! Only I CAN'T skip the Disney parks because we are bringing another family with us (staying at The Swan), that has never experienced WDW before. I hate that our trip is in the middle of this FP+ fiasco.

Just do what I'm going to do: I'm going to try to select my FP+ selections every day until we leave for the airport! Even 1 day before getting there will be better than standing in the FP+ kiosk line, once we get to the parks.

vicb, I hope to get my Under Cover Tourist tickets in the mail today and will enter them into my MDE acct. On today's home page of MDE it states I am 66 days away. I am staying at The Swan 4-21 to 4-29. Since no one knows for sure when off-siters will be able to pre-book, I plan on trying every day, from now until we leave for the airport, if need be!

My MDE still just says I am 81 days away and can book at 60 days :rolleyes2, the only thing linked is my ADRs. I ordered my tix last Sunday and just today got an email from UCT saying they had shipped.

Hang in there, things seem to be changing so quickly. My DH and I were at Disney during Easter week 2012, surprisingly we did pretty well. ADRs are a necessity, being able to sit down for lunch/dinner each day out of the heat and crowds was a life-saver. We never got on Soarin but truthfully we didn't try too hard. It was very crowded and unusually hot, we were there to watch DS's high school band march in the MK. We did rope drop every morning to get stuff done and eve. emh really late at MK to do a bunch of rides. I know it will be harder with the new FP+ situation but you can still have a good time.

How do you link your tickets to your reservations? Will this allow you to possibly prebook fast pass for people staying offsite?

Yes. Magic band from previous visit, registered with a non expiring ticket. I can get FP+ for any day in the future I want (60 days out).

I assume the previous poster was referring to people that never stayed on-site, since we're already heard about people with previous MB's making reservations...

Yes. Magic band from previous visit, registered with a non expiring ticket. I can get FP+ for any day in the future I want (60 days out).

I assumed he was talking about people without MB, but yes, there are many reports of AP's and MYW ticket holders with magic bands from previous stays making FP reservation.

I'm an annual passholder who also happens to be local. I tried booking an ADR for next weekend just to see what date I could start to reserve and now it says I can start making reservations April 21st. Before I added the ADR it didn't give me a date, just something like "coming soon".

I wonder if that means we'll be able to make reservations 60 days out from April 21st or if it means we can start scheduling 60 days out as of April 21st.

I'm an annual passholder who also happens to be local. I tried booking an ADR for next weekend just to see what date I could start to reserve and now it says I can start making reservations April 21st. Before I added the ADR it didn't give me a date, just something like "coming soon". I wonder if that means we'll be able to make reservations 60 days out from April 21st or if it means we can start scheduling 60 days out as of April 21st.

I'm still confused about that. I have an ADR for April 21 and the date keeps changing every time I check it's gone from- you can start April 15 to now saying April 21. It's so frustrating!! I just want to be able to book ahead for that week b/c it's Easter week. So stressful!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter