• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Possible good news for offsiters and FP+

You did read that somewhere; I know because I read it too.

So if everyone gets to book ahead of time, then why make it 60 days? Why not 30? or why not just let onsite guests start booking 10 days out and everything else gets booked on the day?

Because Disney has stated repeatedly they want to "lock you in" to your plans sooner. They think if they can get you to commit to their parks then you won't be wandering around Orlando looking for something else to do.

Why 60? Why not? 90 is probably way too long. 30 days... well if you realize you can make them at 30, then still have to buy tickets then link them and etc, it might be down to 10 before you actually get to make your reservations (for those that don't know how it works). 10 days... not enough time.

I swear I read somewhere last year that someone speaking for Disney about the new system said they weren't going to hold any back.

You did read that somewhere; I know because I read it too.

As did I. Hence my skepticism with people here stating the opposite as fact without any real evidence to back up the assertion.

But again, it's likely that they have, in fact, been holding some back during "testing" to offset the inability of off-site guests to pre-book. I predict that, once everyone has the ability to pre-book, they will not hold anything back.

P.S. I realize I'm "discussing the line reservation system that shall not be named" but I'm not engaging in good vs. bad debate... only referencing the "nuts and bolts" of the system without judging. No negativity here! :)

As an offsite guest, I would be happy with scheduling FP+ 7 days prior to arrival at the park. Heck, even the day before. Just so I don't have to stand at a kiosk to do it onsite on the day of. I don't think that's asking for much. I understand that people staying onsite get perks. I have no issues with that.

What happens when you click the "Make Selections" button? On mine, the first question it asks me is if I have a Disney Resort hotel reservation.

When you hit the make fastpass+ reservation the bottom part appears saying when you can make reservations.

Something has changed between yesterday and today.

I have a split stay (1st night BC, 5 days at Dolphin) May 31st-June 6. Yesterday, to experiment, I put in an ADR for the middle of April and when I clicked on "Make Selections" it said I could start making reservations on Feb 16, or 60 days prior to my "phantom" dining reservation. I canceled the reservation, and it went back to my previous date of April 1st, 60 days prior to my on-site stay.

After reading some of the posts today, I put in a "phantom" reservation for April 1st, and when I pressed "Make Selections" it says that I can start making reservations on April 9th, 2014, 8 days after my 60 days from my on site stay and my dining reservation.

I then canceled this reservation and put in another for July 1st. This time it read my on-site reservation and kept my FP+ selection date at April 1st.

I assuming that MDE is getting "confused" between its protocol for on-site and off-site reservations. If it sees that you have an ADR and not a resort reservation, it assumes you have an off-site stay and will not allow you to book before April 9th. My assumption is that off-site will be able to book starting April 9th, NOT 60 days prior to April 9th like we though yesterday.

Things are obviously in flux. I think I'm going to hold off canceling my one day on-site reservation for now...

Something has changed between yesterday and today.

I have a split stay (1st night BC, 5 days at Dolphin) May 31st-June 6. Yesterday, to experiment, I put in an ADR for the middle of April and when I clicked on "Make Selections" it said I could start making reservations on Feb 16, or 60 days prior to my "phantom" dining reservation. I canceled the reservation, and it went back to my previous date of April 1st, 60 days prior to my on-site stay.

After reading some of the posts today, I put in a "phantom" reservation for April 1st, and when I pressed "Make Selections" it says that I can start making reservations on April 9th, 2014, 8 days after my 60 days from my on site stay and my dining reservation.

I then canceled this reservation and put in another for July 1st. This time it read my on-site reservation and kept my FP+ selection date at April 1st.

I assuming that MDE is getting "confused" between its protocol for on-site and off-site reservations. If it sees that you have an ADR and not a resort reservation, it assumes you have an off-site stay and will not allow you to book before April 9th. My assumption is that off-site will be able to book starting April 9th, NOT 60 days prior to April 9th like we though yesterday.

Yeah, I think whatever they are doing, they are still in the process of building it, so things will probably keep changing for a while. I think this is also related to giving all APs access.

I have an ADR scheduled, no tickets linked yet, and no previous onsite stay. When I go to MDE and click on "make selections", I do not get a message stating when I can start booking fastpasses. I get the message below. Anyone have any idea why it is not giving me a date as to when I can start booking fastpasses?

mde.png

When I click on get started, it asks me if I am staying at a Disney resort. When I click no, it asks me to add friends and family, which I have done already. It then sends me back to the main MDE page. Anyone know why it isn't giving me a date as to when I can schedule my fastpasses? I am in Canada, do you think maybe I am ineligible for the test at this point?

I have an ADR scheduled, no tickets linked yet, and no previous onsite stay. When I go to MDE and click on "make selections", I do not get a message stating when I can start booking fastpasses. I get the message below. Anyone have any idea why it is not giving me a date as to when I can start booking fastpasses?

When I click on get started, it asks me if I am staying at a Disney resort. When I click no, it asks me to add friends and family, which I have done already. It then sends me back to the main MDE page. Anyone know why it isn't giving me a date as to when I can schedule my fastpasses? I am in Canada, do you think maybe I am ineligible for the test at this point?

From the screen grab you posted it looks to me as if the system thinks you don't have your ADR or anything else linked to your MDE. Have you linked your ADR to your account?

So the earliest stay that is being tossed around that someone would be able to book for is April 7 or maybe April 8? Is that correct? So being able to book 60 days out would put someone at Feb. 6 or 7. Is this right?

So we should know this week is this rumor is true. Maybe.

If it's true I expect EasyWDW to report on it before it's actually doable.

Anyone have a stay beginning April 7 or 8?

mde.png

Maybe because you don't have tickets linked?

I would be happy with scheduling FP+ 7 days prior to arrival at the park. Heck, even the day before. Just so I don't have to stand at a kiosk to do it onsite on the day of. I don't think that's asking for much.

Yea that is cumbersome, outdated and inefficient especially this day in age. Oh the irony. :rotfl:

I have been told from day one of Fastpass+ by sources that do know, that some Fastpasses are held for booking the day off.

Not only for day guests but so everyone has the option to make changes.

I know the week of Christmas when resorts were packed each day I could go into the MDE system and there were always headliners available for every park that day.

I have been told from day one of Fastpass+ by sources that do know, that some Fastpasses are held for booking the day off.

I know the week of Christmas when resorts were packed each day I could go into the MDE system and there were always headliners available for every park that day.

No offence meant, at all, but these are exactly the kinds of posts we were referring to that are not useful as "fact".

We are looking for statements from people in WDW management, on the record.

Heck for all I know the person you are talking about is Bob Iger, but then he might also be the guy in the Mickey suit.

We are pretty sure they "are" holding some back, and that seems to make some logical sense given the restrictions to selection for offsite and APs. But with those restrictions gone, we are looking for an official statement they plan to continue to hold some back, in the absence of one, it would appear they will not ...

This may be a novice question, but when I link a ticket on the MDE app - - does is tell me how many valid days I have left on it?

I haven't read every post, so maybe this is repetitive, but I have a Feb trip at the Dolphin booked, have ADRs and have "linked tickets". (I have tried a billion times to link my resort reservation, and even though the Dolphin shows up in the drop box as a resort to select from, the system won't link it). In any event, as this relates to FP+, I get a "locked" symbol and am informed that I cannot pre-book, buy could do so in April. (A fat load of good that will do me for a trip in Feb.)

I don't think using availabilty to change FP+s the week of Christmas (or anything prior to all parks being FP+ only) can be used as proof that they're holding FPs back.

If 50% of guests each day are offsite guests, then 50% of the guests would not have had access to the FP+ system at all. With that, it wouldn't surprise me at all that there were FP+ available day of to change - regardless of whether WDW held back FP+s for same day or not.

I haven't read every post, so maybe this is repetitive, but I have a Feb trip at the Dolphin booked, have ADRs and have "linked tickets". (I have tried a billion times to link my resort reservation, and even though the Dolphin shows up in the drop box as a resort to select from, the system won't link it). In any event, as this relates to FP+, I get a "locked" symbol and am informed that I cannot pre-book, buy could do so in April. (A fat load of good that will do me for a trip in Feb.)

Jimmy, that is what happened to me when I registered on MDE. The drop box came up, showing all the hotels, and even though it showed the Swan, when I tried to enter my dates, it would not accept them.

I'm sorry with the new FP+ program it is going to mess up your Feb. vacation.:(

I am going the week after Easter and am hoping they will allow off-site guests to reserve FP+ atractions before entering the park. Even if they start letting off-site guests reserve, starting April 9, that will give me 1 1/2 weeks before my trip.

TC :cool1:

IMO, off site guests should not have advanced access to FP+. If you want it, stay on property, get an AP, otherwise please wait patiently at a kiosk the day of.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter