• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Possible first solo trip

songbird123

Missing the mouse!
My 19-year-old son and his girlfriend may be going to WDW the week of Valentine's Day...it's a present from me, my mother and grandmother. So, I was kinda bummed, because the last time we went was in Nov 2004 and I have been wanting to go back soooo bad! My boyfriend is off the week of the 4th of July and is going home to Pennsylvania to visit friends and family, so I started thinking, why not go to WDW that week by myself? (I know it will be hot and crowded that week, but the worst day at WDW is better than the best day anywhere else. LOL) I think it would be great going alone, because I can totally do and see what I want. It just all depends on how much my tax refund is if I can afford to go. (fingers crossed!) So, does anyone have any tips for a solo trip or are there any perks for solo travelers? Thanks!

Hello

I went solo for a few days while I was waiting for my Girlfriend. I thought i would feel uncomfortable, but I really liked it.....

As a 17 year old with major changes in the next couple of years coming, I plan on doing a solo trip in maybe 4 years. I went for the first time in 2010.

I have to say, this is probably the best way to go about visiting WDW. Not from experience but from my opinion. Simply because your schedule revolves totally around you! I would say catch a ton of shows, and kick-back on Main Street. Take loads of pictures and video though! Have a blast! I envy you :worship:

Well, it turns out my son and his girlfriend aren't going to get to go. :( BUT...I'm still planning on going! He's not very happy about that, but hey, I look at this way...I'm older (this trip is my 40th birthday present to myself), and I have a job. LOL My boyfriend also isn't happy about me going...thinks it's a waste of money. I'm so glad the DIS Boards are here so I can talk to other people who understand why Disney World is just so IMPORTANT to me! :)

I have done a few solo trips and absolutely love it, but I can easily amuse myself.

I am also very used to eating out most nights and can always find someone to talk to while I am enjoying dinner at the bar.

I love being able to come and go as I please; one day I even never got out of bed - it was wonderful.

I have made a few solo trips to Disney, and I love it!

DS 17 loves Disney too, thank goodness, but sometimes it's not feasible for him to miss school. I like to spend my birthday at Disney. I love celebrating birthdays and no one in my family likes parties or celebrating, so I spend my birthday at WDW when I can, and celebrate with thousands of ppl :)

My next solo trip is March 6-12 for my 43rd birthday.

Get youself an appointment at Bibbidi Bobbity Boutique in Magic Kingdom.
I did on my birthday 2 years ago. (they make over Princesses of ALL ages)
I got one of the first appointments in the morning, then I had all day dolled up like a Princess. It was fantastic & a wonderful birthday!

I understand how you feel...your boyfriend thinking it's a waste of money. :furious: I don't think I could be with someone that doesn't love Disney as I do.

My parents frequently make fun of my love for WDW.
They just dont understand how happy I am, when I am there.
They have never been there and have no desire to go either. :(

Enjoy Disney solo. Ask ppl to take pics for you. CM's are always very accomodating. Come and go as you see fit, and really enjoy your time!

I'm also planning my first solo trip to WDW this year. I also have one of those boyfriends who just shakes his head when I mention Disney. That won't stop me from going and have an amazing time! :banana:

I am headed in April for my 3rd solo trip. I LOVE them! :goodvibes

You take things at YOUR pace. No worries, a true vacation. If you want to sleep in, you do. If you want to be at rope drop and go until the park closes, you do! It's all about YOU. :thumbsup2

I have found that once CMs realize you are solo, they do make the little extra effort for you. I have had some great TS meals where I get more interaction with not only the server, but the Host, and other guests!

Find a quiet spot and people watch! That can be as much fun as some of the attractions. :lmao:

I have never felt lonely or at odds because I am eating by myself or telling a CM "single rider". In fact, on the attractions with the single rider line, (Expedition Everest is my favorite) I ride again, and again, and again . . .

Relax and have fun!!!! It's what the World is really all about. :goofy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter