• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Possible first cruise in late May of 2018 and requesting booking discount tips

aprhj

Second to the right and straight on til morning
We are looking at taking our first cruise in late May of 2018. We are huge Disney fans and feel that a Disney Cruise would be the perfect first cruise and a great way to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Of course when I look at prices, I get a little freaked out, but its Disney so I expect a premium. We are looking at one of the Caribbean cruises, but are trying to figure out if there are any discounts available. We are members of Costco and know they have something if they are the booking agent, but have not requested a quote yet. So, I'm looking at you all, the experts, for advise. What tips can you get me to get the best price overall when factoring in any on-board or after cruise credits or bonuses?

Travel party will either be 2 adults and a 14 year old or 4 adults and a 14 year old.

thank you in advance!!

We are looking at taking our first cruise in late May of 2018. We are huge Disney fans and feel that a Disney Cruise would be the perfect first cruise and a great way to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Of course when I look at prices, I get a little freaked out, but its Disney so I expect a premium. We are looking at one of the Caribbean cruises, but are trying to figure out if there are any discounts available. We are members of Costco and know they have something if they are the booking agent, but have not requested a quote yet. So, I'm looking at you all, the experts, for advise. What tips can you get me to get the best price overall when factoring in any on-board or after cruise credits or bonuses?

Travel party will either be 2 adults and a 14 year old or 4 adults and a 14 year old.

thank you in advance!!
DCL does not allow TAs to discount their prices. That being said, some TAs may offer perks (Onboard Credit, for example) that may come out of their "cut" if you book through them. Making the overall cost less than is advertised.

Different TAs offer different perks. Some don't offer any. You have to do the research yourself to find what works for you.

Costco is great for DCL. They give a cash card after travel worth about 8% of the cruise fare.

I'm on a very tight budget but try to cruise on DCL every other year. I saved money by paying with gift cards deposited in my Disney vacation account.

Also, the earlier you book the better in general. Prices often go up. So if you book, you've looked in your price but can cancel up until 3 months or so before the cruise.

thank you in advance!!

There are a limited number of ways to get any kind of "discount".

A. Book on the day the cruise opens
B. Be a Florida resident and wait and see if Disney will offer a special rate on the date you're interested in.
C. Be a particular member of the Military and wait and see if Disney will offer a special rate on the date you're interested in.
D. Wait and book a *GT rate or a GTY rate on the date you are interested in, if it's offered.
E. Book with Costco or some other TA that is willing to give you some incentive to book with them.

B, C, and D are generally not less than A, the day the cruise opens for booking. Those discounts only discount the rate that is currently being offered, which usually has increased since the cruise opening day.

Disney does not allow TAs to discount their cruise fares, so if someone is offering you that, you should beware and make very sure what you are getting. Someone who is doing that is most likely not in good standing with DCL.

As far as Costco, you don't have to call and get a quote. You just go to costcotravel.com and go through the booking screens. They will tell you the price of the cruise and the amount of Costco cash you will receive.

Thanks for the information!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter