Possible Changes at LeCellier

I am sad, it was one of the few places my whole family could count on enjoying. :confused: So I imagine I will be shuffling my schedule for a 2 week trip down to 10.

I was just thinking the other day, when we first went to Disney there were so many things we loved that are no longer there, for instance anyone remember the swan boats that were in the MK? Or the lift that took you through MK, it was a ride that was like a bucket/ski lift that ran through Disney? I wish they would bring some of those things back, part of the magic of Disney.

I agree with you! As soon I read that LC might be going to 2 TS, I booked another ADR for the same evening as LC. I figured I can cancel either one, depending on what is happening. We are not going until November. Definitely watching this thread.

I just hope that everyone who books a "back up" will cancel the one they aren't planning on using. :thumbsup2

I'm too scared to book a back up as I don't want to get caught with two reservations on the same night and risk both being cancelled.

I think the timing stinks. Disney knows the restaurants are busy and almost 100% full during Free Dining.

There are a lot more closures this year than my last two trips during the fall. IASW, has annoyed me the most. If they wanted to upgrade it they should have done it before the fantasyland expansion.

I wouldn't recommend that people cancel (and I know you're just noting it, not recommending it). Wait and see. Book a backup reservation if you want (I need to do that, now that I think of it), but there's no need to cancel until you know what is going to happen and how they're going to handle it.

Not at all I was just saying do to some visitors panic over the rumor and cancelling ressies I was able to finally get an earlier ressie time, mine had been for 8:15, I have no plans on cancelling my only worry is Disney closing Le Cellier for a short time and cancelling my ressie.

Disney does not do it as a policy. There are stories of renegade CMs who see multiple bookings and they will go in and cancel everything when you call them to adjust or make another reservation.

However, the computer system itself is not set up to cancel double bookings.

With 2010 Dining Plan literature listing it as a single TS credit and people having ADRs for the next 180-190 days, I think it would make much more sense for them to make the change effective January 1.

We have two reservations there on the dining plan in October, and I'll be disappointed if they don't honor our reservations as a 1 TS restaurant.

Right on the first page of the 2010 DDP Literature it say's Operating hours, menus, entertainment, Characters, DDP locations, components and terms are subject to change with out notice.......

I am sad, it was one of the few places my whole family could count on enjoying. :confused: So I imagine I will be shuffling my schedule for a 2 week trip down to 10.

I was just thinking the other day, when we first went to Disney there were so many things we loved that are no longer there, for instance anyone remember the swan boats that were in the MK? Or the lift that took you through MK, it was a ride that was like a bucket/ski lift that ran through Disney? I wish they would bring some of those things back, part of the magic of Disney.

Wait, I don't get it. You would cancel 4 days off your trip if Le Cellier became a signature restaurant? I don't understand the correlation.

We haven't had great meals our last few times at LC so I think change is good. I wonder if the soup and pretzel bread may change since I could easily see people booking adrs just for those to get oop to avoid signature prices? We went to CRT the day before it switched to 2 credits and though there were rumors when we made our ADRS there was about a month where you could make an adr thinking it would be 1 credit and it was actually 2. We also went when they transitioned away from having a dessert with breakfast QS and we did get a postcard in the mail about that change. Since they have 2 new places opening in Oct anyway they are going to have to produce an updated DDP brochure anyway..... A few people mentioned Tutto being more expensive but Tutto is not WDW owned so they only get back the standard reimbursement from WDW for each ddp meal not what they charge. It's the same at all the non-wdw owned TS and QS which is why some of them are stricter about what is covered on the ddp.

I think this GREAT news. Anthing that helps bring up the quality of food at Disney Restaurants is OK by me. I know it will be more expensive but I like it when people talk about the outstanding restaurants at Disney. If these changes improve the overall qaulity of the dining experience at Le Cellier, I'm all for it.

Sometimes dreams turn into a nightmare :scared1:

Well this is the best news I've read all day. I'm thrilled beyond thrilled to read this. I remember when it use to be a 2TS (along with Coral Reef). Since I don't use the DDP, I'll be glad that this again will become a place that is not so hard to get into. Hopefully they will accept the TiW card as many signature locations do! :cool1::cool1::cool1::goodvibes:goodvibes

A CM told me today that thier objective is for you to buy Deluxe Dining and eventually phase out Regular Dining !

I will probably be flamed for this but I just don't get the whole hype about Le Cellier. I personally think that most of the appeal is in the prices being high (therefore appearing to be a good value use of a TS credit) and the fact that it is so hard to get a reservation (which is partly due to limited capacity) and I just think a lot of the appeal is found in the triumph of actually securing a reservation there. But that's just my opinion. ;)

:worship::worship:
LOL. ln the interest of full disclosure, my uncle and grandpop owned a restaurant in nyc for most of my life. I grew up in it.

Talk about over hyped. While the food is ok, no where near a quality steak house.

What tickles me is when I read all the reviews here on it and people rave about the SOUP!! :lmao: The best thing about a steak house is the soup, go figure. That's like when you go to Olive Garden and every one raves about the breadsticks.

:worship::worship:
LOL. ln the interest of full disclosure, my uncle and grandpop owned a restaurant in nyc for most of my life. I grew up in it.

Talk about over hyped. While the food is ok, no where near a quality steak house.

What tickles me is when I read all the reviews here on it and people rave about the SOUP!! :lmao: The best thing about a steak house is the soup, go figure. That's like when you go to Olive Garden and every one raves about the breadsticks.

I think LC is a great place to have lunch, but who makes reservations 4 years ahead for lunch? Oh yeah, lots of DIS'ers (LOL). The soup is really good and some deserts are too but as Eliza and many others have said if steak is your passion and you think LC has the best steak ever, then
i don't think steak really is your passion, LOL.

I think LC is a great place to have lunch, but who makes reservations 4 years ahead for lunch? Oh yeah, lots of DIS'ers (LOL). The soup is really good and some deserts are too but as Eliza and many others have said if steak is your passion and you think LC has the best steak ever, then
i don't think steak really is your passion, LOL.

OMG when did they change ADR's to 1460 days :laughing::laughing:

While we're on the topic, I often wonder if people don't realize you can get soft pretzels at places other than LC. ;) The much coveted bread is just a soft pretzel after all. :confused3

So are there any people on here that enjoy LC? It seems as if everyone is just blasting it.
We tried LC for the 1st time on our last trip and enjoyed it. Well, I enjoyed it, my DH thought it was ok. We have an ADR for this August and are looking forward to our meal.
If they switch to 2TS, we will probably not return, and not because I do not think it would be worth it, but because there are still a lot of signature restaurants I have yet to try.

A CM told me today that thier objective is for you to buy Deluxe Dining and eventually phase out Regular Dining !

Well that doesn't matter to us at all since we pay OOP and don't use the dining plan. I'm sure LeCellier will still be taking cash!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter