Possible add-on but don't know who our guide is

vikkii19

Mouseketeer
We purchased resale this past January before the the limitations on resales. We would like to add-on through Disney but we have no idea who our guide is. We leave Saturday for Disney and because we are from Canada, we have to buy while there.

I guess my question is can we just drop by the sales center to add-on, or does this have to be done with our guide?

You can call member services I'm sure they can help you. Then you can make an appointment with your guide when you want to go. But now that you're a member I would think you can buy while being in Canada. :confused3

You don't need your guide for anything. If you want to buy, I'm sure Disney will find someone to sell to you.

I recommend that you carefully compare the cost and benefits through direct purchase versus the lower cost and slightly reduced benefits through resale purchase. The annual dues and accommodations are the same, so the cost difference is what you are paying for limited trading perks.

Take a close look at the cost difference between direct and resale and decide if the March restriction is really something that you would miss.

I understand that buying resale can be done from Canada where buying direct can only be done in Florida due to the real estate and timeshare laws.

You can call (800) 800-9100 for the name of your Guide if you decide to buy direct.

:earsboy: Bill

You don't need your guide for anything. If you want to buy, I'm sure Disney will find someone to sell to you.

CAP is right . All you have to do is tell them you what to buy and they will sell you. Thats what they are there for. My guide is in Chicago and if i was at WDW they would take care of me down there.

CAP is right . All you have to do is tell them you what to buy and they will sell you. Thats what they are there for. My guide is in Chicago and if i was at WDW they would take care of me down there.

Not using your assigned Guide causes them to split the sales commission and bonuses. If you don't care about that, then you can use any Guide.

:earsboy: Bill

i think it's guide's job to make certain you know who he/she is for add-ons. if you have to hunt him/her down, doesn't deserve any commission on sale.

Hi everyone,

Quick update, I guess I didn't have a guide yet. We stopped by the center and were told that resale purchasers were kind of orphaned and were only assigned a guide once a first contact was made. So basically we were only assigned a guide once we got there.

I did do the research with resale, but in the last 6 months only one had the right amount of points with the right use year and our offer wasn't accepted and I felt with the new restrictions they were asking too much.

Our decision to go direct was that we want to take another trip with our daughter and the grandparents in January 2013. We also want a 2 bedroom concierge. With that said, I'd have to book in February coming up and I don't think I'd have the time to find a contract that fits our needs that fast. Because we are from Canada, we decided to buy now and I won't have to stress about finding a contract.

For us it was the way to go right now. Had I been able to add on anytime from home, I would have waited and kept checking resales. We did end up buying at AKV and we got 2 100 point contracts.

Hi everyone,

Quick update, I guess I didn't have a guide yet. We stopped by the center and were told that resale purchasers were kind of orphaned and were only assigned a guide once a first contact was made. So basically we were only assigned a guide once we got there.

I did do the research with resale, but in the last 6 months only one had the right amount of points with the right use year and our offer wasn't accepted and I felt with the new restrictions they were asking too much.

Our decision to go direct was that we want to take another trip with our daughter and the grandparents in January 2013. We also want a 2 bedroom concierge. With that said, I'd have to book in February coming up and I don't think I'd have the time to find a contract that fits our needs that fast. Because we are from Canada, we decided to buy now and I won't have to stress about finding a contract.

For us it was the way to go right now. Had I been able to add on anytime from home, I would have waited and kept checking resales. We did end up buying at AKV and we got 2 100 point contracts.

Congratulations, Welcome Home, AKV neighbor!:banana::banana::banana:

I understand perfectly about the frustrations of not getting the number of points or UY on the resale market. Enjoy the AKV points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter