Possibility of meeting your Candlelight narrator?

disneygirl1997

Earning My Ears
So this is my second year in Candlelight, and this year I have one show at 5:00pm with Lea Salonga, who is one of my favorite singers. Would there be a possibility of ever meeting your narrator after the show?

So this is my second year in Candlelight, and this year I have one show at 5:00pm with Lea Salonga, who is one of my favorite singers. Would there be a possibility of ever meeting your narrator after the show?

I would say slim to none. Remember, the narrator will have two more shows to prepare for and there's not a lot of time in between.

I have been to CP almost every year since 2000 and have never once seen any of the narrators in the parks. Even one year, when John Tesh got held up for a day in a snowstorm in Canada, Edward James Olmos, who lives locally, filled in, did not hang around.

I would not expect it.

Never heard of narrators doing meet n greets, which is essentially what you seem to be asking. It would probably be a mob scene if they attempted it.

I think what you are asking is if there is a M&G after the show. I think I once heard that once one of the narrators did a very very quick little M&G but it was an odd situation.

But I think the chances are less than 0.

It doesn't hurt to ask! Try information at Epcot, concierge at your hotel, anyone who look like their in management. If they'd be willing to do a meet an greet, it would probably be after their last performance of the day.

A couple of years back, DW and I loitered around the theater where the musicians were leaving, hoping to meet/see Andy Garcia as we are big fans of the Oceans 11 films. About 15-20 mins after the last CP ended' he walked up the ramp towards the exit (next to the restaurant in the American Pavillion). We did our best to leave him alone, just saying "great job" and that we enjoyed his film work. He acknowleged us and said thank you. Other guests were able to get photos/autographs as he was kind enough to hang out for a few moments. Seemed like a very nice guy. Security ushered him along fairly quickly. Long story short, if you are willing to wait around, there is a chance you could meet the narrator.

I met Wayne Brady one time a few years ago in the gift shop of the Yacht Club when he was narrating. If you stay at one of the Epcot resorts you might see them! I saw him a couple times the 3 days he was narrating at the resort.

Slim to none that they will do a m&g in between shows. But you may see them around the parks while they are narrating. Last year and the year before, I saw NPH, Trace Adkins, Brad Garrett, and Jodi Benson walking around the parks with their families.

I met Wayne Brady one time a few years ago
in the gift shop of the Yacht Club when he was narrating.

I saw him a couple times the 3 days he was narrating at the resort.

What was he narrating at the resort gift shop?

;)

(English can be such an imprecise language.)

Nope just buying some DayQuil, poor guy got a sore throat with all that speaking ; )

Berlioz70 said:
When you say "in" does that mean you're in a Guest choir? Because sometimes the Guest Narrators will greet the choirs during their rehearsals.

Yes. I'm in the candlelight choir, that's what I'm asking. :P

We were in line for NPH on Tuesday and some folks had seen him in the park that day. Someone shouted "There he is!" and he got the heck out of Dodge! The folks said he ducked in a shop and was gone. I though that it was a shame he was not able to enjoy a few minutes without being accosted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter