Possibility of free dining 2008?

Do you think Free Dining will come back?

• Yes.

• No.

• Maybe.

• It doesn't matter to me, I don't do the dining plan either way.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Maybe just wishful thinking, but I am all but counting on it for our trip next year. Since they have offered it to the UK I think that is a good sign.

Well, for us it would determine whether we stay onsite or if we stay offsite at a condo...this will be the third year that I've done free dining and I feel like I've been spoiled:blush:

I would have voted "Yes, but it doesn't matter to me because I won't use it!"

However, I just voted yes. I think it will be back, but less attractive each year. I think you've already seen the start of that this year, with the extended periods of availability for UK and Bounce Back, shortened availability for the "public free dining," and also with the menu exclusions for free dining.

If I had to predict, I would predict that "free dining" will be for a shorter time than either the UK or Bounce Back, that it will only be available at Mods and above (as already announced for the UK) and that there will be further menu exclusions and possibly some restaurants who don't accept free DDP.

OTOH, if we get really unlucky and a hurricane hits WDW this year, that could change radically. It all depends on their occupancy -- don't forget that free DDP is exclusively a lodging promotion, and they are not going to give away one penny more than they need to to maximize profit.

I'm hoping it comes back. That extra money saved we will spend on souvenirs and other things on our trip. They wont loose money with the free DDP. The money will go to other things other wise not spent on. Obviously food is important. We have to eat then if theres money left we spend it on other things. With free dining we'll spend the money just not on food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter