Possibility for Upgrades on X-Mas Cruise

MrsParr

Earning My Ears
Dear Disers:

So we are booked on the X-Mas cruise out of Miami on the Wonder, and I have been watching the site, and it appears that the cruise has availability in all cabin levels. That surprised me a little, since I thought holiday cruises typically sold (or nearly sold) out. So I am starting to think upgrades might be available--anybody have any history on this for holiday cruises?

Many thanks.

I was pretty surprised that there were Florida discounts available for this cruise, and I got one! They started at a higher rate for a veranda, and now are offering "9" level. Last week they had 9A, and then 9B and now it's 9C. I think they sell 50 at each level and then close it.

But yes, I think there will be upgrades available at the port. However, I think all the suites and 1 bedrooms are booked, so upgrades will be in the Cat 4-9 levels.

Nancy

I think they sell 50 at each level and then close it.

Nancy

Do you know something that might be useful in the future or is this just a guess? Do you know that they don't sell 10 or 25 or an odd number based on how many cabins are available?

The more we can figure out the system, the better predictions we can make!

Upgrades can be available on any cruise even those fully booked. There are unfortunate circumstances that may cause a family to cancel at the last minute--we saw the Walt suite available for this reason on one cruise.

My impression was that it was only 50 Florida resident cabins per cruise and then they close it? That's a lot if it is for each level, particularly on a smaller ship like the Wonder...

*Availability is limited to 50 staterooms per category per sailing.
**Availability is limited to 50 staterooms per sailing.

This is the notation on the reservation page for Florida rates. However, there are no *or ** listed above by any sailing so I can't tell if it is 50 cabins per sailing or 50 per category, and is a category a 9 or a 9A?

I know that three weeks ago the 5B cabins were the designated ones, and then last week it went to 9A (cheaper) and by the time my travel agent got in there it was a 9B, and currently on the site it is 9C.

If I wanted to pay the regular 9A price I could still book it online and there are at least 4 cabins available. There are 5B's available too, but not at a discount. That's why I think there will be some upgrades available at port (although we have a month to go), but there are no suites/bedrooms available online so I think those won't be available.

Just guessing.

Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter