• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Positives & Negatives of the Coronado Springs Resort??!

FirstTripEver

Mouseketeer
I'd love any/all feedback on the positives & negatives of the Coronado Springs! We are choosing a Mod for our trip: Jan 29-Feb 4. Also, a few questions: how does the size of this resort compare to the Port Orleans Riverside? (We stayed at the POR last December in a newly renovated room & loved it!) Also, are there queen-size beds at the CSR? How are the buses at the CSR? Do they share with any other properties?

A million thanks for any & all input!

worst thing about csr are the convention people. Not very nice, drink a lot, loud, etc. the resort when not busy with that is beautiful. There are queen beds. I do not take buses so I do not know about that. The size is pretty big but so is Port Orleans

Love CSR!

• There are queen beds in the rooms
  • The resort does not share buses
  • The resort is very big - but doesn't feel overwhelming. It is beautifully themed!

This hotel is used for business travelers so it does feel more like a deluxe. The food court is great with lots of choices - and the food can be brought to you. We stayed at POR and the food court at CSR is SO much better.

When we were there was during a busy time - but CSR wasn't very full. The pool is gorgeous - although not sure I would choose it for the pool during your travel dates. The rooms are nice sized.

This is our favorite mod!

Something not yet mentioned is that CSR is the only moderate with a gym/health club.

Not a fan due to conventioneers, restaurants, and size plus walking across the parking lot to a bus stop....too much walking depending on room location for food, pool, etc and you know everyone wants the best location to the pool and food so room options are slim.... Just not for us... For a moderate we'll pick POFQ every time!

I'd love any/all feedback on the positives & negatives of the Coronado Springs! We are choosing a Mod for our trip: Jan 29-Feb 4. Also, a few questions: how does the size of this resort compare to the Port Orleans Riverside? (We stayed at the POR last December in a newly renovated room & loved it!) Also, are there queen-size beds at the CSR? How are the buses at the CSR? Do they share with any other properties?

A million thanks for any & all input!

I stayed in POR in a newly renovated room back in Oct 2011, and stayed in CS this past July. I thought both rooms were great. I was worried about CS just bc the POR felt so new. By CS was clean and also looked very well kept.

CS felt more organized and less spralwed out I think b/c everything is around the lake. If you were in the Ranchos of CS it would be a long walk to the lobby. The Casitas or Cabanas would be good. I was definitely turned around at first but figured it out by day 2 and it wasn't a big deal. I like walking though.

I enjoyed the theming of CS. I was there for a convention. Folks were around the lobby and bar area at night, but no noise issues by the rooms. perhaps it depends what type of convention is there but not all are going to be rude. anytime you get a large group, chances are some folks will be rude.

Note on the buses - there is the lobby stop plus 3 others...the bus starts at the lobby, goes to the next 3 then stops at the lobby once more before leaving.

We've stayed there as well as many other resorts from value to deluxe, CL as well. We are staying there for a week at the end of the month!

Pros: -Gorgeous grounds, theming is beautiful.
-The pools are great. The big pool is fun for kids, and there is beach volleyball around it. The smaller pool by our room in Casitas was great.
-We loved the proximity to BB as well (it was June and BB became our pool basically!)
-The beds are literally the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in anywhere. I toss and turn all night, that's just how I sleep my whole life apparently...Not at CSR! I went to sleep and then woke up kind of like, whaaaat because I hadn't moved all night and I was in the same position. I would go back just for the beds!
-There's a 24 hour free fitness center!
-Spa
-Run/walk trail around the lake

(We drove so we can't speak to the buses, but it is a bigger resort with a few bus stops.)

Cons: -We didn't love the food at Pepper Market, but a lot of people do. A food Court doesn't make or break our resort choice ever though, because we have a rental car, bring food, and have lots of adr's at resorts and parks. I'm looking forward to trying the breakfast buffet this time.
-It's a big resort and some people may not like that. It's not a con for us, but may be a con for some. We love POR for example and won't stay at POFQ again because it's just too small for us.

I can't think of any other cons for us right now...:goodvibes

I don't like that it is a convention hotel. Also if you are staying in one of he buildings across the water on the opposite side of the food area and check-in it is quite a long walk to those places. There is no island/bridge shortcut like at CBR. That is why we prefer CBR.

Pros - very clean, great housekeeping, friendly staff, beautiful resorts, loved Pepper market, etc

Cons - convention people (at least the ones when we were there), very large resort

Pros:
Beautiful theming and landscaping (deluxe-esque)
Comfortable queen beds
Sliding doors between bath/vanity and room
Central location relative to the parks and relatively good bus service
Great pool, slide, and hot tub

Cons:
Large size
Some find the theming un-Disney (comparisons are often made to a convention resort in Palm Springs or Scottsdale)

The convention resort aspect is sort of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it can somewhat detract from the Disney magic. On the other hand, it allegedly results in the buses being less crowded.

I can't speak much to the food options because we've never eaten at Pepper Market or Maya Grill (have only purchased snacks at Cafe Rix).

When i booked our trip CSR had no rooms (I was planing on booking there) so i booked at POFQ...CRS is now showing availability for my dates 11/30-12-4. We are DVC members and usually stay at BWV (home resort) but this is a short surprise the kids trip....argggggg..so mixed up!!! i read through both CSR and POFQ threads:surfweb: but all that did was get me more confused :confused3:rolleyes1:sad2: HELP...lol

Lori

Ps..pop warner is at the world that week (possibley at POR) but the cheerleaders from the Christmas parade are at CSR...again only adding to my confusion!!!!

Pros:
really lovely rooms, queen beds.
great pool.
attractive grounds & common areas.
transportation.....we always rent a car so we don't rely solely on the buses but when we do use them they are reliable & uncrowded.

Cons:
I really dislike the Pepper Market, don't care for the full service restaurant either.
I find CSR does't handle convention crowds very well.
Service was so-so.

I would say CSR is comparable in size to POR. It is very large and spread out, I like walking so that's not a problem for me but for some could be a dealbreaker.

I find the fact that CSR is a convention resort to be a pro. That means fewer people on the park buses! I don't mind seeing a few people in suits running around the resort.

Another pro is the pool area. I think it has one of the nicest ones.

The size can be a negative IF your room is on the other side of the resort from the main buildings. Had that happen the first trip, and it took many years before we stayed at CSR again. That trip was this past March, and we ended up with the perfect room location. Building 4 in Casitas. Very close to the main buildings, right next to the health club, and a bus stop right behind the building. Loved that location! Hated the trip when we were in Rancheros 7. Felt like we were far away from everything.

Pros: Beautiful themeing
Nice gift shop
Buses were never full
Lovely pool

Cons: Conventioneers everywhere. Definitely took the Disney feeling out of it for us.
While the buses were never full, it took forever for them to show up.
Pepper Market: Food used to be better; now, not so good.

CSR is a beautiful resort and we have had GREAT bus experience there. 1000 x better than AKL. Request Casitas 4 (bus stop 2) and you will be 1st going and coming :thumbsup2.

We also like the sliding-divider door to the restroom area.

Last stay we did have some cell-phone reception problems but our room was kinda behind a decorative brick wall.

We've stayed there 4 times and have actually noticed convention-goers maybe twice. Once there was a big set-up on the beach in the Cabanas section for some kind of event, but not a big deal - we walked around it. Another time we saw some people in suits in the lobby. Other than that, we really never notice that there's a convention at the resort. We think it's a lovely, quiet respite from the parks. I think it has plenty of Disney theming - where else but Disney World can I be in Florida and feel like I'm in the American Southwest? The trademark Disney attention to detail shines through the entire resort. I think it's peaceful and tranquil.

We eat at Pepper Market maybe once per trip, and have found the food to be good. It's a great value if you're on the DDP.

We've been in Cabanas twice and Ranchos twice. Last time we were in Ranchos, I timed the walk from our room to El Centro and it took us almost exactly 10 minutes, with our youngest child walking. I personally think the size of the resort is over-stated.

We've stayed at CSR four times, and while we have seen people with nametags and know that there were conventions during some of our stays, we have never found loud or rowdy people. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but it has not been our experience. We travel with our kids, so we aren't hanging out at the bar late at night anyway.

Pros:

VERY comfortable queen beds - better than Poly, Beach Club, OKW or AKL (about the same as BWV)
Sliding wooden doors between the vanity and the room - allows me to get up, shower, dry my hair and get ready without waking the kids. Also allows for privacy when getting ready in general.
Great pool and slide - my kids like it better than any Disney pool except Beach Club
If you are on the DDP, the Pepper Market is a great value. Breakfast and lunch are buffets and dinner is a la carte, but they are all quick service credits.
Bus service has been excellent all of our trips.
If there is a convention, you can expect the pools and the buses to be much less crowded than the size of the resort would indicate.
Despite being a convention resort, we have found CSR as family-friendly as any other Disney resort - we always see tons of families and my kids always make friends at the pool.
Pool bar has yummy margaritas and serves food (but closes too early at 6 - so a little "con" there).
Rix nightclub if you are looking for some adult time.
Huge hot tub
Fitness center
Spa and salon
Upgraded toiletries compared to other mods - CSR has separate shampoo and conditioner like the deluxes instead of the combo like the other mods - a small thing, but I still appreciate it. ;)

Cons:
If you are not on the DDP, Pepper Market is expensive for a food court.
Cafe Rix (the grab n go) gets very busy in the morning now that PM is a buffet at breakfast. There are two other counter service restaurants, but they aren't open for breakfast.
There is one convention in late February every year (Grainger) that pretty much takes over the resort. I'd book CSR during a convention any time, but not that one.
Some people find it a "con" that CSR only has one sink. We don't - CSR has great counter space, which is more important to us than an extra sink. There is plenty of room for two people to get ready at the same time and plenty of space to store stuff.

Enjoy making your decision! :goodvibes

Didn't have that family feel or the Disney magic for me. We prefer POR for moderate and we are trying AoA for 1 night pre-cruise in a month. I will say we had great service, it was beautiful, and the bus service was excellent. It just seemed a little too quiet for us and again, not as 'Disney' at POR. But overall, we had a wonderful stay!

Pros: -Gorgeous grounds, theming is beautiful.
-The pools are great.
-There's a 24 hour free fitness center!
-Run/walk trail around the lake
- Food at Pepper Market is (only) prepared as it is ordered, so is very fresh.
- Maya Grill surprised me with just how good it was

Note: I was there last year, before the buffet. And there was no convention going on.

Cons:
-Because Pepper Market food is prepared to order, it takes longer than most CS. CMs there bring your drinks and bus the tables, so that is a plus, but there is an automatic gratuity added--which I thought was a bit "much."
- The first time or two of ordering at PM it is very confusing
-It's a big resort. _I_ would pay for a preferred room. One clump of buildings is .48 mile from the food court, etc.

I liked it and would not hesitate to return again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter